• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Grab mode killing AI

Ryin

Reaction score
Steam
/ryin77
Valentine Parasoul Eliza
Depending on the height Beowulf grabs an AI with his chairless jHP, the AI drops the controller. I initially thought it was a delayed headbutt that caused this, but I tried doing it on Big Band and was able to make him stop with jHP by itself. I couldn't do it on Cerebella but it worked on Valentine, Parasoul, Big Band, Ms Fortune and Fukua. It also works on Arcade Mode.
If you try to jump they will tech and you can't kill with the headbutts. They do tech the counterhit version, though.

Also the game crashes when Beowulf gets killed or kills the opponent's last character.

Reactions: Sparties
It works in versus as well, I tried it with @Humdinger.
I thought you have to hit :D::P: as soon as you land but it seems like it just happens whenever.

"It" being, not letting them go?
Gah.

Do they have to be doing something specific or...?

it appears to just happen randomly after j.hp if holding down and you hit them at a certain height, they dont have to be doing anything but I dont think it works on CH

Another video for reference. Probably won't help much, but here it is anyways.

I recorded the computer doing J.Hp so I could try mashing out of it, but of course nothing works. Beo can drop the opponent by pushing up, which is why I eventually tech out. It only works in very specific situations, so if I move at all before the J.Hp connects then it doesn't hold me indefinitely.

Reactions: Ryin
Like @Denizen said, human controlled characters also get stuck because of this.
My guess is that this happens when the grab mode time ends in the same frame they land. But I don't know.

There's another vid where the game crashes after triggering the glitch and killing the character

That's 2d backgrounds and is already fixed.

[edit] And so is this bug!

Last edited: