• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Grasshopper Manufacture (And Suda51)

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
Due to the recent annoucement of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, a lot of discussion was started in the gaming thread about it, and since it was getting out of hand (and also had a lot of things to discuss), I decided to make its own thread.
At the behest of @Aden , I instead made this generally about Grasshopper Manufacture, Suda51's company at large.

So you could talk about not just No More Heroes, but its other catalogue. Maybe today you feel more like talking about Killer7? Or maybe Killer is Dead?

Either way, Grasshopper Manufacture is a game company headed by Suda51, one of the more creative and crazy Game Directors out there, he's well known for directing No More Heroes, and Killer7. It's made many games, and a lot of them tend to be weird, but lovable

And, as mentioned before, most recently, it was announced that No More Heroes 3 would be released as Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

In it, the game takes place in the American Southwest, with Badman (Bad Girl's father) hunting down Travis for revenge, in thier scuffle, they activate the Death Drive Mark 2 (A reference to Let It Die), and are sucked into the game console, having to beat 6 games to get a wish.
Interesting, all 6 games will be Indie games, and unlike what people feared, it will still be 3D NMH Action style, but every level/world will be based around Indie games.

So far, the games crossing over with it confirmed are Hotline Miami, and Shovel Knight, leaving 4 other Indie games for Travis to slice and dice his way through
But what could they be? They can't all be Devolver Digital, since Shovel Knight is involved!
Discuss Indie games you want to see in Travis Strikes Again here, or just talk about how hype the game is

Though, you could also just talk about No More Heroes, Killer7, Killer is Dead, Shadows of the Damned, any Suda51/Grasshopper Manufacture game is fair game.

Reactions: Aden
Friendly reminder killer7 is one of the best games of all time and that Masafumi Takada is a god.

Hrmm, that trailer Travis doesn't sound like Robin to me.

Placeholder? Or that VA strike thing?

Last edited:
Is that strike still going? It'll be a year next month.

Kinda expecting Shantae maybe, since it seems it and Shovel Knight are a dual package in everything

Interesting choice, if real.
I mean, it'd be fun, but does it really count as Indie?
Maybe it'll be a bonus.

Anyway, when we talk about what Indie games you want in Travis strikes again, you also gotta think of what kind of games Mesh well with the style, as well as just games Suda51 enjoys.
Like for example, there is absolutely no way there won't be a Guacamelee themed level.