• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Use what you feel best with.
Completely agree, just pointing out you shouldn't trash what you don't know, especially when it is actually considered more optimal.

Keyboard a have a big space to fully press the button and you're meant to use 3 fingers at most on the arrows.
People tend to use the Hit Box layout for keyboard though?

People tend to use the Hit Box layout for keyboard though?

Neither arrows nor WASD is similar to Hitbox's direction layout

Neither arrows nor WASD is similar to Hitbox's direction layout
I didn't say they were?

asd + space is though.

Never saw anyone doing that. Also, the space bar is the less reliable key in the entire keyboard for light or fast presses.

Using spacebar for jump is just something I never do... I use Z or X to jump in platformers with keyboard.

Otherwise I did like keyboard controls for Skullgirls, though I never rebound them from arrow keys because I didn't want all the buttons squished together, but I guess I could bind attacks to the numpad. '^_^ Only problem is doing full-circle motions, but even Guilty Gear's half-circle-then-forward super motion should work just fine.

Hitboxes are great. Being able to use both hands for attacks and movement is super cool.

Reactions: Aden
Okay so.

I've been watching some millia footage and I'm 100% convinced she's stupid.

Zato seems to have some counters and can be punished but her tactic is basically "get enemy in corner then win with the same fucking combo".

I think the goal with her was to make someone with sick offense but no defense. The only reversal is her super and she has very low HP.

I can say that if you're not able to get any momentum with Milia, you're gonna get your shit pushed in hard.

I got no problems with Zato, I just get sick of seeing him in finals.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I know Elphelt has an alternate costume, and I hope to see more alternate costumes in Rev2! I can't wait to see what kind of weird things Arc System Works has planned.

When's A.B.A
By just story appearances, Dr. Paradigm should be the next playable character.

He's literally the "I'll explain the plot now" character of the game.

Robo-Ky also has a decent chance due to his role in Bedman's defeat.

Robo and Paradigm both have strong chances by that logic, and so does Zappa.

Given what happened in the story we might even see someone else.

Given what happened in the story we might even see someone else.
Well, there are two other extremely important characters who've probably won't be playable until the story takes a trip right into crazy town.

Asuka (That Man) and Aria (Justice)

You saw the end of Rev's story mode right?
Yes I did. But I also expect some wacky plot twist. There's always a wacky plot twist.

Yes I did. But I also expect some wacky plot twist. There's always a wacky plot twist.
A SKELETON POPPED OUT

I want more brand new characters like Bedman and Kum.

AFTER Testament though. Dig that fucker outta the dirt and get em out there.

I want more brand new characters like Bedman and Kum.

AFTER Testament though. Dig that fucker outta the dirt and get em out there.
i'm pretty sure he's still in those woods, wondering where dizzy went

probaby crying too or something

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I really can't decide which character I'd want to main,

I'm considering Johnny or Slayer, maybe Chip.
I'll never master stancels but Johnny is really fun to play,

I will always have a pocket Sin because Sin is great.
maybe a pocket Jack-O and Jam too

and so does Zappa.
That's all I want. Zappa, maybe a new ghost to add to the shuffle (You can get rid of the dog for all I care). Golly this is painful to sit through. I know he's in Rev's story mode.
Guilty-Gear-Xrd-4.jpg

0301_zappa_zpsc99f06c0_jpg_original.jpg
[/spoiler

I just noticed that Zappa is sagging so hard in the bottom picture you can see his underwear. He's not a boxers or Briefs man.
That and he went full Jojo. That part I'm fine with.
Get a belt Sir!

Man I'm just going to start playing +r again.

Add Paradigm and Izuna so we can have the entire GG2 squad

They can come after A.B.A, Robo-Ky, Testament and Zappa.

I want Zappa back with his three raving ghost friends so when someone goes AFK they can acapella during the idle stance

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper