• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I hope somebody asks about other characters being added... like Jam.

Chipp's victory pose is the best thing ;__;
Glasses Chipp for hasbundt tier

Zato's coat is too op for fashion.

i just noticed that Ky's stage is called "Royal Coart"

and so GG's long history of mangling the english language continues.

edit: the fade out "boom" sound effect at the end of the VS. screen before the fight sounds like the same one used in GG1 on PS1.

i have no idea what the conditions are to cause ky to cause his hair to go down but DAMN does Holy Orders III from GG2 still sound wicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder
regarding Baiken and A.B.A

2d4bedb62d546428b463a2883db00dab40b9b8cf96e8c46c522643571874892b.jpg

Watching more stream footage

Ramlethal's theme sounds like a remix of DIVA from GG2.

:O

I watched some of the stream and to be honest, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Compared to XX Reload the game feels slow, the characters clunky and the change of perspective on overdrives and flashes gets old and annoying really fast.

At this point if there's gonna be a newer Guilty Gear release on Steam, I'd be more hype about AC+ than Xrd.

I'm hyped for Xrd and I loved watching those videos, but I wonder how many hipsters will drop the game after a month of playing and go back to SSF4, UMvC3, NRS games or SG (lol). I see many people who are hyped for Xrd, but don't wanna bother with GGXX AC+R.

To be honest, as far as BBCP, P4U2 and Xrd are concerned, I'm more worried about the anime scene doing their usual "Play the game for a year, then stop playing for something newer and shinier" thing

Also, can't blame people for not getting into +R since netplay isn't that great from what I heard and netplay is how a lot of people get their fighting XP nowadays.

To be honest, as far as BBCP, P4U2 and Xrd are concerned, I'm more worried about the anime scene doing their usual "Play the game for a year, then stop playing for something newer and shinier" thing
well that is usually because Arc announces a new version of something every year.

Isn't that kind of just the video game scene in general, for the most part?

I'm hyped for Xrd and I loved watching those videos, but I wonder how many hipsters will drop the game after a month of playing and go back to SSF4, UMvC3, NRS games or SG (lol). I see many people who are hyped for Xrd, but don't wanna bother with GGXX AC+R.
They're hipsters but they play SSF4 and UMvC3 over GGXrd? What does hipsters even mean anymore? Did it ever mean anything?

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
is it some kind of fruit pie?
do you serve it warm or cold?
can i get a hipster a la mode?

is it some kind of fruit pie?
do you serve it warm or cold?
can i get a hipster a la mode?
No, cold, yes

well that is usually because Arc announces a new version of something every year.

Yeah but it doesn't really make sense to stop playing the game(s) you're currently playing because a new version is coming, especially if it's a new version of another game. Also, it's not always because a new version is coming out. I remember with BBCSEX the issue was that people eventually just got tired of it. When Extend released, a lot of people were just like "eh".

Isn't that kind of just the video game scene in general, for the most part?

Video games in general, yes. The competitive side of fighting games, no. When you look at other communities like SF4, MvC3, MK, Injustice, KOF and Smash, their competitive scenes are still going strong even after several years have passed.

Okay, maybe hipster is a wrong word because SF4 and UMvC3 are popular in the FGC.

Xrd looks pretty tame. Much of cast seems toned down significantly. I'm expecting a patch in a few months.

Reactions: iLoli
Ramletherl Valentine in action

Last edited:
I think that one all but says that Sin's going to become a newcomer at some point in the near future.

he's prob gonna be a console character, yeah

when's izuna though
i need my HOLY MUSTARD and STEEL WASABI

We already got Glasses Chipp what else does the game need

God I Want Valentine to be playable. FUCKING SHOULDER SWORDS
Her and Sin seem like the obvious next characters as they both have in-game models.

Also Sol can DI in mid-air now?! Painwheel has gotta step up her Install game.

when's izuna though
i need my HOLY MUSTARD and STEEL WASABI
we need Dr. Paradigm. ASSISTANT BONNIE! UNIVERSAL GRAVITATION! STRATEGERY!

GGXrd Day 1 Character Usage
Bg77pQbCEAAIEaH.png:large
My Katakana knowledge is bad, but I think this is the translation:
1st - Sol Badguy
2nd - Ky Kiske
3rd - Slayer
4th - Faust
5th - Axl Low
6th - Millia
7th - May
8th - Potemkin
9th - Zato-1
10th - I-No
11th - Bedman
12th - Chipp
13th - Venom

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Still, I'm surprised to see so many people use Axl. I thought he was an unpopular character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
Axl got buffed with a new stance. It seems like he's the stereotypical "scrub" character until people manage to start beating him.

I think I'm missing something. Who is sin?

Ky's and Dizzy's son in Overture. He's part Gear, a bit of an idiot, and uses a flag for a weapon.

he is the most shounen and will pierce the heavens with his bad fashion sense

Ky's and Dizzy's son in Overture.
For some reason I read that as Ky's and Sol's son and was very disappointed when I realized my mistake.

he is the most shounen and will pierce the heavens with his bad fashion sense
oh yeah he's also voiced by Yuri Lowenthall in the English dub so uh

Wasn't sure if that was a joke on VAs or just his personality. Doy. My bad.

Did anyone see Chipp's IK? When the developers played the game 1 day before arcade release, the camera cut away from the IK.

For some reason I read that as Ky's and Sol's son and was very disappointed when I realized my mistake.

Isn’t Sin traveling with Sol because he hates his dad? Sol also held Sin on a chain when he was little, so I think he even raised and trained him for some part at least. I can be wrong, it has been some time since I played Overture.

And if you go after some fan-canon that has never been confirmed officially, Sin is Sol’s grandson because Dizzy is his daughter. I like that theory a lot, because it also makes Sol Ky’s father-in-law which is quite hilarious.

And if you go after some fan-canon that has never been confirmed officially, Sin is Sol’s grandson because Dizzy is his daughter. I like that theory a lot, because it also makes Sol Ky’s father-in-law which is quite hilarious.

well, in GG2 Sin did have a Dragon Install-ish mode called "Exciter"
then again, Ex Dizzy has Necro Install and +R Justice has Omega Shift, so who knows, right?

also in GG2, Sin summoned little birds called "Humming Swords" like Dizzy does with her Ice Fish and he has Ride the Lightning like his dad.