• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

lets see I wanted someone as a boss who would float she does that, she's someone I can stand to look at, I wanted someone who uses a sword, she's got two and she does remind me of a murokumo unit so yes all my "personal good" expectations have been met.

I think the combos are still keeping Guilty Gear separate from Blazblue. You can do legitimate damage in GG with short combos, whereas combos in BB need 10~15 hits to do the same damage. This makes BB a slower paced game, despite not being slow.

Not only that; GG meter mechanics reward offense with more options in general while in BB the systems are spread out between different meters. In CP Burst has contradicting defensive and offensive purposes, whereas in GG using Burst offensively just gives you Tension anyway, because that's where everything comes from. Giving Barrier Block its own meter as opposed to FD using up Tension in GG really gives defense a vastly different feel between the two games.

It's just my opinion, but I feel like GG is more exciting to watch. BB has a lot going for it but the requirement for long combos to deal good damage makes the game look like there's less interaction between players the majority of the match. Actually playing the game is a different story of course.

Meter wise, Guilty Gear is more generous that Oprah. In Blazblue I feel like I'm always struggling for meter, and with Barrier Crush added the issue is deepened. I don't miss the Guard Primer system (especially as a Tao player) but I feel they need to do some reworking with the defense and meter usage.

CP combos are really about the length of average GG combos to be honest. I agree with the barrier meter being a bit unnecessary, they lowered meter gain in BB to compensate, which I hate.

I do like that characters in BB all have differing and blatant flaws, although it does make some matchups a nightmare (Kagura vs ANYONE who can move or who doesn't have to basically run at him head first the whole game).

The meter difference I feel is a pretty big factor that differentiates the feel between games, in GG there are soooo many options with meter and you usually have meter, so managing what you want to spend your meter on is a constant decision making process. In Balzblue, you sort of think, well I am most likely only going to get to do 2 things with meter in one round, so I should probably not do anything interesting with RC/setups and instead just save it to regain momentum or end a round.

People use meter to jump in and stop dashes GG. I love it. I also feel like Arcana Heart has good meter gain/usage. Meter is used like crazy, but it's given to you like crazy as well. It has a quick recharge section to whatever you use and is filled to the max meter you had so far in the match at the end of every round.

When's the Hellsing fighting game?

This is a legitimate question.
Kill la Kill fighting game by Arc Systems Works
With Before My Body is Dry as the Instant Kill music.
When?

Well... Everything is converging system wise...

Maybe a crossover will be easier to make in the near future.

Well... Everything is converging system wise...

Maybe a crossover will be easier to make in the near future.
If we get Blazblue x Guilty Gear
We better still get those custom Astrals/Instant Kills
I want to see Relius' Astral on Bridget, and Faust's Astral on Ragna

BB seeping into GG? Now I'm reconsidering if this should be the first GG I play (besides the GG X: Advance I played years ago).

I will never not sing Blazblue's praises but I can see why some people aren't fans of it bleeding into GG

BB seeping into GG? Now I'm reconsidering if this should be the first GG I play (besides the GG X: Advance I played years ago).

If you have people you can play with, just play #R on PC before Xrd. Free, it's what Xrd is based on, and the netcode is pretty good ( just set your delay lower in the config).

Daisuke has said the he does not want to to a crossover game. He was hardcore against it. So sorry to crush hopes but it won't happen.

Random mechanics in fighting games that aren't specific to a character's play-style (Faust, Zappa) are always bad. =/

Also, I'm not liking the reasoning for the character selection (ease of use). Good thing +R still exists.

I thought Danger Time didn't seem so bad. Then I saw it happen in a match. At least right now, the flow of DT seems to be:

1. What just happened?
2. Oh wait what should I do for the next couple seconds?
3. Screw it just keep playing.

It seems you'll have to be prepared for it to happen at all times to be able to take advantage of it, but that's just the impression from watching gameplay videos. It might be different after hands on experience.

Oh well whatever.
It's not like Blazblue is going anywhere, next game is the last one with Ragna.

Also, I'm curious if GG Xrd will get the Blazblue (Which is to say, good) Dub Treatment when it gets localized

I'm curious to see if Xrd will get a shoddy translation like CSE did. Seriously, grammatical errors up the ass, changing tense every two sentences. They really need to give their games back to Aksys to translate, because whoever Arc Sys contracts it out to now isn't good enough.

I doubt we're gonna get an English dub for Xrd. Most of ASW's other home fighting game series had English dubs from the get go. The only GG game with English VAs as an option? Overture. I wouldn't be surprised if the GG team got scared off of English voice acting after that.

I didn't listen to the dub in CSE, so I can't judge it, but the quality of the text translation in story mode was pretty terrible.

I recall vanilla Continuum Shift having spelling errors as well, but I don't remember how it was compared to Extend. I haven't played CS in probably 3 years.

Back