• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

It also sucks that this game has a "training stage" now, unless this only applies to online and offline is just fine for any stage.

Lag only applies online. All stages are fine offline.

you still know tourneys are gonna pick the training stage.
because god forbid we get a stage with color
or different music.

all you need in life is Suck a Sage XX
everything you need in your beautiful generic life
god i love that theme

Ok, so this is the first GG I'll actually try to learn to play a bit more seriously. And I've found out that there's this long time eddie/zato player in my town. And I already hate the fact that hitboxes in GG don't hit two things at the same time. Also, how the hell do you approach Zato?

I'm going with Ky for now, he's the only one I somewhat understand. I also plan on learning Milia and maybe Ram/Elphelt later.

If you're up against Zato, you HAVE to go after Eddie. If you attack him, he'll be disabled for a while, removing a good chunk of Zato's pressure options and his infamous unblockables for a bit. Use that time to get in and do some damage.

Ok, so this is the first GG I'll actually try to learn to play a bit more seriously. And I've found out that there's this long time eddie/zato player in my town. And I already hate the fact that hitboxes in GG don't hit two things at the same time. Also, how the hell do you approach Zato?

I'm going with Ky for now, he's the only one I somewhat understand. I also plan on learning Milia and maybe Ram/Elphelt later.
If he does a drill in pressure, it can often be a good idea to 2P because there is a good chance Eddie is coming, it is a risk though because he can throw a long poke out to catch you doing anything.

The key is keeping Eddie away, Zato on his own is still threatening though, he can effectively zone with his j.K, ground normals and drills.

You want to be on top of him because he has no reversal (he has Amorphous, but it doesn't hit just in front of him) and try to make him hurt. Alternatively, try to stay in the air and a good distance away from him, if you can get him to whiff something, you can approach fairly safely from this angle. If Eddie is available though, Nobiru will shut this down pretty hard.

Dealing with Zato + Eddie on top of you... it is tough, he is going to default to low strings, if he goes for the j.K > j.K or 2K mixup, well it is a guess but there aren't too many layers to that mixup other than command grab. I suggest saving your burst for when you are in the corner. Invariably any hit here will lead to unblockable. What you are looking for is a combo into 5D or a command grab, when they happen, burst, burst, burst. But don't be baited or you will be very sad indeed.

If Zato is pressuring you with Eddie out and the meter is running low, that is your queue to get in the air if you can because he is going to fish for command grab, he can't set up unblockables off a normal confirm with low Eddie meter.

Thanks man, that was really helpful. I'll study those aspects of the match-up. Cuz the man has like 10 years of Eddie experience and that will require lots of thought to topple.

They released the US version of Xrd a week after the Japan version and gave us two free characters, though. Give them some credit.

Buying Elphet's no question...and hopefully may's if she sounds good to me ^^
lol and sol too X3

All character voices are 3,500 yen. Individual voices are 300 yen each. So yeah, it's best to just pick and choose your favorites.

They released the US version of Xrd a week after the Japan version and gave us two free characters, though. Give them some credit.

Don't get me wrong, I still like ASW, but in between Blazblue and KT's DoA5 shenanigans with microtransactions Capcom is looking like charitable saints these days.

Keep in mind the voices replace every aspect the announcer is used. 3 bucks, or less considering the exchange rate, is just about right to me.
speaking of voice system, have this been posted yet? It's Elphet's voice system

I like how shes says "Meeee, OMg" when picking herself haha
Dammit, Elphelt...

$3 huh? Welp I guess Id just have to hear everyone to make a good call on who to buy there system voice then...

Keep in mind that Xrd is the best Eddie has been since #Reload...and maybe even including #Reload.

Just gonna say one laaaaaaaaaaaaast time that if you are considering learning a GG, make it AC+R.

any videos of it? last time i tried to look i couldn't find anything.

Warning, there are some Arcade Mode story spoilers for this one. This was like the first thing I found. You can hear him a minute in.

Back