• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Just wanted to ask you since I assume you more familiar with her popularity then I am. Do you feel there is a chance of A.B.A being in revelator or the third rerelease or is she just not popular enough/leo already filles her niche?

Just wanted to ask you since I assume you more familiar with her popularity then I am. Do you feel there is a chance of A.B.A being in revelator or the third rerelease or is she just not popular enough/leo already filles her niche?
Honestly I highly doubt she'll make a return, in the accent core story, she sorta fulfilled her role and doesn't have any reason to be brought back (story-line wise)

But she's also not too popular either... I loved her though ;~;

If A.B.A comes back it will be after every other old character made it back.

I mean, I really wish she'd be in soon, but I'm not going to lie to myself about it.

It's hard to say. She has a very unique playstyle and Mori, if he has any influence, would vouch for her since he voices her axe. The problem is she has no relevancy to the story, thus far. Unless the doctor that made her returns in Revelator, there isn't too much chance she'll be back this game. He was taken away to do work for someone so that could be a thing, but I don't know. Maybe the next game will have her.

considering people want Bridget back, what about the person he's been working for since XX?
I mean, we should at least get his boss back.

I'm sure they'll be released together.

I don't recall who Bridget works for, I just remember him taking the bounties from I-No, who are you referring to?
I'm going to be honest, I don't pay much attention to GG's story. More so now than ever.

I think you guys know who I'm going to refer to.
who cooks.
the food.
that Bridget serves.
at the place which Bridget works.

Last edited:
Her name is a reference to the band Cloudberry Jam, which along with A.B.A sticks out from all the other references.

I didn't know Bridget worked for her. In fact the only thing I know of her story wise is her restaurant and that she wants Ky.

I didn't know Bridget worked for her. In fact the only thing I know of her story wise is her restaurant and that she wants Ky.
well, those are true.
but in her true ending in XX, she gets Bridget to work as a waiter.
after defeating him.

When are we gonna get nipple zippers X2 Axl back?
At least ditch the shorts, please.
well, those are true.
but in her true ending in XX, she gets Bridget to work as a waiter.
after defeating him.
Okay, thanks.

X2 Axl never wore shorts...

GG1: shorts ripped at the bottom

X2: blue jeans

Xrd: john cena shorts.

Is Jam even popular in Japan? I know ASW did that survey and Bridget was their most popular character. And Daisuke actually talked about Bridget back when some of the cast got announced, saying he and Johnny were the last two to not make the cut because Slayer and Venom (I think it was Venom) filled their roles and were more story relevant. It's funny he also mentions in that interview that Dizzy didn't make the cut because there was absolutely no way to fit her into the story.

I guess you can say Jam is fairly popular.
I mean, she is high tier from what I remember.

I guess you can say Jam is fairly popular.
I mean, she is high tier from what I remember.
It was mainly because stupid ass pressure, stupid ass command dash, and her stupid ass 6H.

Jam is stupid, but not as stupid as Zappa.

but you can out stupid Zappa by playing lame.
I would know. I've seen it win a tournament.
just ask @Kai

The more I see of her the more I can't wait to use her. She's so interesting.
The one thing I dislike is the concepts for her animations. Her idle looks kind of weird, along with her basic walking where she walks on the ball.

Master Post for the second Revelator loketest.

Footage

Images

CH2jqpnVAAA_Cmt.jpg

Johnny

• Johnny's air high mistfiner untech time has been extended (like +R).
  • f.S>2S gatling added.
  • 2K>2D doesn't combo.
  • 2H was made a little slower, doesn't combo from S.
  • 2nd hit of zweihander is easier to hit.
  • 3H > 6P works.
  • 2S MC > 2S MC > 2S works.
  • 5P > 5H combos on airborne opponents.
  • c.S>2H combos on crouching.
  • 2H forces standing.
  • 6K's untech time has increased.
  • lvl3 high mistfiner doesn't wallstick.
  • Corner lvl2 mid mistfiner>6H>RC>IAD j.SHD~ works.
  • 6H>RC>66 6H/6K works.
  • lvl2 mid mistfiner>66 coin works.
  • Ground hit 2H>air lvl1 mid mistfiner>5K combos in corner.
  • Forward Dash may not have airborne property anymore.
    • Gets hit with Slide head.
    • Dash > YRC > jP gives you 5P
  • 6K CH > Blitz followup combos.
  • MF lvl 3 mid > blitz full charge combos.
  • Both Coin and Zwei's beam can be reflected by Pot's FDB.
  • If you hit them with MF lvl 1 mid, even on RC you can't even pick up before they get KD.
  • "After mist sticks on the opponent, if you get hit it might disappear. I've seen it disappear once."
  • Treasure Hunt works properly even on OTG hit (you get your coins and everything).
  • 6H seems really good.
  • Normals
    • 5P, 2P, 5K: All seem the same.
    • 6P: Same (confirmed 6P > MC > 6H works).
    • 6K: Similar to #R. Not special or jump cancellable, but on CH, like #R, launches them up, but even higher than in previous versions. In the corner, you can do 6K CH>backdash > coin > 5H > MF > etc.
    • c.S: crouches and does a sword bunt, similar to Ky 6P. doesn't have much vertical range but has good horizontal range. has less vertical range than current c.S. Due to the increased proximity on c.S, things like c.S > Coin > c.S seem possible.
    • f.S: Pretty much unchanged though I heard someone say it might be 7f startup! (old one was 8f) f.S > 6H still combos on crouchers.
    • 2K: Doesn't combo into 2D. Not sure if this is due to a reduced level or 2D startup.
    • 2S: Johnny leans down and does a slash along the floor, similar to I-no's 2S. Seems much better range-wise than previous versions. Cannot gatling to 5H (or anything, seemingly) afterwards.
    • 2H: swings upwards, and actually puts him airborne! Hard to explain but he lifts himself up slightly on launch, almost like Elizabeth (Persona) 2B. good for anti air. Jump / special cancellable. Can MC lvl 1 into j.PK > etc, or at lvl 2/3, can airdash into stuff. described by Tenkai to look similar to a UNIEL Hyde 1st rekka. Great for pressure. Supposedly a level 4 air move. Forces standing on ground hit.
    • 5H: motion changed. sort of looks like an Axl f.S, swings downwards now, and covers less space above him but has better horizontal coverage. Seems better than 5H was for offensive pressure.
    • 6H: motion changed, - has a very similar shape to 5H but swings upwards rather than downwards. Covers lots of horizontal space.
    • 2D: two hits, Johnny spins sort of like his old 2H and does a slash then a sword bunt. Similarly to the old 2D, the 2nd hit is slightly longer. This version of 2D seems slightly longer than previous versions, still knocks down similarly on both hits, and combos into MF mid, etc. Doesn't combo from 2K, either due to a reduced level on 2K, or slower startup on 2D.
    • j.P: Seems a bit slower.
    • j.K: Unchanged.
    • j.S: seems to hit lower than before (@tenkai), and also is a bit shorter (relative to everything else).
    • j.H: Might be a bit slower, otherwise very similar.
    • j.D: immediately wall sticks. j.D > lvl 3 air MC > j.S seemed to connect. Someone said it seems like you can do dustloops?
  • Miscellaneous
    • Throw: Possibly has as much frame advantage as +R. Throw > 6K seems to connect. Throw > Coin > Air combo > Zweikasu seems to work on some chars.
    • Backdash: Seems about the same.
    • Forward dash: Seems like pre-+R forward dash. Supposedly can be cancelled into itself during recovery so there's no need for FD dashing? Other reports of FD dashing being harder to do. Might be related.
  • Specials
    • Coin: trajectory has changed: the coin appears at a lower position (around Ky 6P height), and also travels a bit shorter, similar to reload distance. Coin seems to have less recovery on it as well. There are reports of c.S > Coin > c.S > etc working, as well as 2D(1) > Coin > f.S > etc working as a universal route.
    • Zweihander (All Versions): Launches on CH! On YRC, the flame is guaranteed to come out still, so it's pretty much like Divine Blade FRC.
    • Zweihander Transport (Ground 623K with K followup): Basically Divine Blade Transport. Seems about the same as #R or Slash. Maybe travels a bit faster / farther? Honestly hard to say since the animation is slightly different and the camera position is different. In any case, covers a nice amount of ground! The followup beam is also pretty much the same, though it appears a bit more behind him, so not as good for covering you horizontally as before.
    • Air Zweihander (j.623K): Does a kick similar to Hazama's j.214B, then fires a beam from it, like the old air Divine Blade. If just the kick portion hits, it's a guaranteed knockdown similar to an Enkasu. Seems like if you're under them you'll get only the 1hit. There are reports of stable routs into j.D > air Zweihander (1hit) > land Mist > YRC > Unblockable. The advantage off of a 1hit Zweihander seems similar to a high Enkasu hit in that you pretty much cannot meaty unless you mist YRC. Note: it is unclear how difficult it is to land the 1hit still.
      • 1 Hit stuff.
        • 2D(1) > Coin > f.S > LVL 2 high > dash jump j.PKSPPD > Zweikasu
        • [corner] LVL 2 mid > coin > dash > c.S > LVL 2 mid > coin > iad j.PKD > Zweikasu
        • [corner] throw > coin > air combo > zweikasu
        • throw > coin > LVL 2 high > dash jump air combo > Zweikasu (Jack-O).
        • throw > dash jump j.PKS>j.KSD > Zweikasu (Ky, Sin, Jack).
    • Mist Finer general
      • Input for entering mist stance is now 214x - mist cancelling seems the same.
      • Can be done in the air.
      • Air mist finers SEEM to be overheads.
      • Entering mist stance while airborne slows your air momentum down and causes you to float a bit, similar to UNIEL Yuzu. You can delay your fall using it, so it can be used to anti-anti air (Falling mist cancel air Zwei, etc).
      • Air versions of mist finers generally have the same effect as their ground counterparts.
      • Air mist canceling has some potential for extending your air combos, but we're not sure to what degree. Seems like his air combos might be pretty high APM now, which is cool!
      • Mist stance canceling may be buffed at all levels (unconfirmed), but level 3 mist stance is confirmed to be significantly faster.
    • Mist Finer LVL 1
      • Up (P) - Recovery seems longer and blows them back farther - it seems impossible to follow up with air normals in the corner afterwards unlike previous versions.
      • Mid (K) - Does not knockdown on normal hit, but does on CH. Air version wall sticks. Doesn't seem to erase projectiles anymore.
      • Low (S) - Unconfirmed whether it connects from his H normals or not. Seems to be like AC: just knocks them down immediately.
    • Mist Finer LVL 2
      • Up (P) - Similar to AC. Can connect coin etc, but doesn't guarantee a KD.
      • Mid (K) - Ground roll on hit. Can be used similar to AC/+R in the corner. Corner MF lvl 2 mid > coin > dash c.S > mf lvl 2 mid > iad j.PKD > Zweikasu works. Air version is like Sin's air hawk beaker - possibly guaranteed knockdown.
      • Low (S) - Same as #R, but suspected to have more recovery. Seems impossible to connect a coin afterwards. Air version allows you to do a crossup in the corner after KD.
    • Mist Finer LVL 3
      • All level 3 MFs are single hits with high damage, all have an XX Level 6 sound effect and have some some more cosmetic effects to differentiate them from the other levels (Someone compared the hit effect to FB Pilebunker?)
      • Up (P) - Similar to +R's, but launches them up way higher. Has tons of untech time, but not a guaranteed KD.
      • Mid (K) - Has an effect similar to side dust: Sends them flying then wall sticks.
      • Low (S) - Similar to AC, but brings them much closer to you.
    • Bacchus Sigh (Mist): New input: HCF P. Visually is a bit different, and starts a bit further behind him than before, but travels a bit faster also. Mist YRC confirmed to be really good! Off of OTG situations you can mist YRC then airthrow a tech! Mist behaves exactly the same as before regarding unblockables, though it seems that unblockable mist finers can still be blitz shielded (Unconfirmed).
  • Supers
    • That's My Name: Motion is the same. Hitbox seems much worse - much shorter vertically and horizontally. The last hit is now RC'able! The D version adds ~30 or 40 more damage.
    • Treasure Hunt: Travels across the screen and connects, basically exactly like Jackhound. Refills two "coins" though cosmetically they are items, which he steals from his opponent (changes depending on the character). Knocks down on hit, and travels through you, so it also breaks crossup protection. Treasure Hunt > RC > Mist > UB seems viable, similar to Return Jack.
  • Corner stuff.
    • Throw > Coin > nj.D > air MF lvl 2 mid (causes ground slide) > land > Blitz held followup (wall stick) > backdash > Coin > Coin > dash 5K > 2D > Mist (ends at level 3 w/ mist)
      • Apparently using the blitz followup in the combo not only replenishes burst still, but does not penalize meter again.
    • Stuff > MF lvl 2 mid > Coin > Coin > (f.S) > 2H > air lvl 3 mid (wallstick) > Coin > Coin > dash 5K > 2D > Mist
      • You gain about 40 meter.
    • After MF lvl 3 mid or blitz shield followup, you can continue with dash 5D > 6C > MC > 6C > MC > 5K > f.S > 6H > Treasure Hunt
    • 2D > MC > 5K > f.S > MF lvl 2 high > blitz followup combos
    • Air MF lvl 2 mid > airdash j.KSD connects. dash 6H also connects. blitz followup might also connect. seems better than killer joker.
    • 2H > air lvl 1 MF mid > 5K combos.
    • After mist knockdown, you can do Coin > YRC > Enter Mist Stance, then if they blitz'd, cancel, otherwise unblockable etc.
  • Near corner stuff.
    • Throw > Coin > MF lvl 2 high > Coin > Dash j.D > air MF lvl 2 mid > blitz follow > etc (see corner stuff).
      • Doesn't work on Bedman or Slayer if at the corner. Doesn't work on Pot at all. Worked on Faust / Sol / Ky / Jack-O'.
    • Anything > Air MF lvl 2 mid > land > coin > iad j.KSD > Zweikasu
      • If you're too far away, you can do Coin > MF lvl 2 up loops then blitz followup into mist knockdown.
  • Midscreen stuff.
    • 6P > MC > Coin > 2H > jc > j.SHD > Air MF lvl 2 mid > etc.
    • MF lvl 1 mid > RC > blitz followup > Backdash > Coin > Coin > Dash > 5K > 2D > Mist
    • 5K > 2D > Coin > RC > 5K > Coin > MF Lvl 2 Mid (2nd coin hits late, still at Level 2 afterwards).
    • Throw > Coin > sj > air combo seems stable.

Jack-O'

• Pumpkin Retrieval command changed from "2P/K/S" to "2P"
  • Pumpkin Throw command changed from "6P/K/S" to 5P/K/S"
  • Jack-O's pumpkins now have their own HUD element on the side of the screen that shows their health and level.
  • Apparently her Organ barrier, once activated, doesn't let Zato do shit. Can't drill or use Eddie attacks - they don't work on it.
  • Startup might be reduced on Pumpkin bag setup.
  • 6HS now wallbounds.
  • She can glide by throwing a servant bag right after an airdash.
  • Rather than going for damage, setting up ghost houses seems much better.
    • Once you get a lot of Lv3 ghosts, it gets absurdly dangerous for the opponent.
    • You can just let the ghost servants hit the opponent and then you mix them up while they're blocking.
    • However, they get in the way of your combos. Also get in the way if you're trying to get a command throw in.
  • 6K has throw invul.
  • 6K RC combos seemed a bit difficult to execute.
  • Axl matchup seems like a pain in the ass. He doesn't let her play the way she wants to.
  • Midscreen combo routes seem to be anything into 3HS or 4D for a knockdown into ghost setup.
  • IAD combo: 2K/c.S > 6P > 6HS 1 hit > IAD j.S > j.HS > j.4D (same as last loketest).
  • Corner: 6D > 6HS 2 hits > sj.2D > j.S > dj.S > dj.HS > dj.4D
  • Anything > 3HS RC > 6HS 2 hits > sj.2D > j.S > dj.S > dj.HS > dj.4D (dealt quite a bit of damage).
  • About j.2D combos: height seems to be char specific but the 6HS wallstick untech time is so long it's still easy to execute anyway.
  • You can even use a 360 super in the combo afterwards but it doesn't deal much damage so not worth the meter.

System

• There appears to be a dust cloud effect on the VS screen now.
  • Corner dust dash cancel works just like -Sign- now.
  • Horizontal dust untech time was extended but it's not as long as the previous version's.
  • Blitz follow up can counter high and lows on atartup (guard point).
    • Half charge knocks the opponent away.
    • Full charge ground hit crumples.
    • Full charge air hit knocks upwards and wallsticks in corner.
    • Full charge allows opponent to block.
    • Reduced the amount of Burst you get back.
    • Opponent is in crouching state when their upper body hits the ground.
    • The proration timer starts once the blitz followup hits, so some combos won't work.
    • Air blitz cannot be charged.
    • When charging up blitz, your whole body is a blitz hurtbox.
    • When you blitz a projectile you don't get meter back.
    • Blitz follow-up cannot be RCed except RRC on hit or block.

Last edited:
Her idle looks kind of weird, along with her basic walking where she walks on the ball.
I dunno. I feel like I've seen her idle in another fighter before this one.
I just can't put my finger on it...

So uh.... hasn't the loketest started? Where are the updates? Only thing I've seen is Jack-O's updated move list.

Weird. It should have started by now. Maybe in a couple more hours?

Japan is dropping the ball. Come on now.

Japan is dropping the ball. Come on now.
We're just gonna have to wait it out, it seems.

Alright got all the info from last night. Glad to see a good amount of footage and it showing all of Jack-O's and Johnny's moves.

Great. Now all Johnny needs is a god-tier Brooklyn accent and he'll be best character

Oh shit. Johnny is going to have an English VA. AW SHIT.

Get hype for English Johnny.

Did anyone else notice that when Jack-O recalls her ghost spawners, that they retain their levels when she sets them down next?
Oh shit. Johnny is going to have an English VA. AW SHIT.
He already has one for story mode tho, unless they replace him. I hope they don't cause I felt that Southern-drawl Liam O' Brian was one of the better performances in the English dub.

Reactions: North888