• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

He already has one for story mode tho, unless they replace him. I hope they don't cause I felt that Southern-drawl Liam O' Brian was one of the better performances in the English dub.

Oh. I haven't touched story mode and forgot Johnny was in it.

He already has one for story mode tho, unless they replace him. I hope they don't cause I felt that Southern-drawl Liam O' Brian was one of the better performances in the English dub.

Leviathan is the best Johnny.

Get hype for English Johnny.
It was Liam O'Brien trying to sound like a cowboy in story mode.

Oh. I haven't touched story mode and forgot Johnny was in it.

Man, I enjoyed Story & did it right after tutorial. Check it out! (if you want)

Still trying to beat Sin in M.O.M. (low priority- it's insanely tough for me). Cleared the rest of the map, but might be missing an item or two.

Visiting Dustloop for tech/videos often & trying to stay in practice in vs.
Oh yeah, any Leo people might like the vids being made by my PSN friend Reiki:

Last edited:
Reactions: Φ
Man, I enjoyed Story & did it right after tutorial. Check it out! (if you want)

How long is it? I haven't touched it because I don't know how much time it's going to take up.

Like....2 hours? I think...It's like 2 MGS cutscenes with some basic dialogue scenes in between.

Yeah, I just watched it in parts: during meals, off-peak vs. time, etc. Did other stuff in between. You can save fairly often I believe.

I'm so stoked for Jack-O, I love her design and her animations are so wacky and adorable.

I'm quite in love with her organ animation because first of all we got a girl who looks like she's performing for some shoegaze band, and her little pumpkin ball&chain looks all concerned and is blinking, it's too darn cute.

So guys, when's Joey Wheeler Johnny voice pack? I must have this now. I MUST.

Alright everything you would ever need to know about Johnny as he currently stands is in the master post.

Since Johny is back and i needed a reason to post old music...

Now i just need this same music with silly Faust on it

Reactions: Ktulu
when I tested in +R (holding buttons so no negative edge) FD won in 100% of situations. I could never get the special to come out.

some are saying it's looking like battle fantasia is what's happening

I assumed it was UNIEL because I swear they mentioned it would drop if +R sold well enough, but I can't seem to find where I got that from.

CIe2s47WoAAM39y.png

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed before, but I just got a PS4 and I'm wondering if I should wait for Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- on the off-chance that it is a stand-alone game, or jump straight into -Sign-.

Reactions: Jutsei
Depends. If money isn't an issue then get Sign, since there will be (next to) no balance changes to existing characters and Revelator won't be out on consoles for a while. It'll be good for practice.

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed before, but I just got a PS4 and I'm wondering if I should wait for Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- on the off-chance that it is a stand-alone game, or jump straight into -Sign-.

Revelator won't be out for probably a year.
If you wanna wait for a year to play, go for it.
But, a few months after that, another new update will be announced and come out in Arcades, and console a year later. It's the Arc cycle.

Also ppl who still play, Add me on PSN if you're east coast/central.
I've been playing this a lot more lately.

Last edited:
My only gripe is how much Elphelt and Leo cost, for the most part give it a try.

My only gripe is how much Elphelt and Leo cost, for the most part give it a try.
I got elphelt for free(PS3 and PS4)...and I dont even have the game yet.

I got elphelt for free(PS3 and PS4)...and I dont even have the game yet.
Do you not have to pay to get her? I was under the impression she costs money. I bought Leo, though.

I thought it was first month. Not that it matters now.

Everyone knows the only free character in Xrd is Potemkin. :PUN:

Reactions: EA575
Reactions: Wenzel and Ktulu
YES!!!! One of my fave arcsys fighters was battle fantasia, I loveeeee it I can't wait for this.

Sidenote: I was watching some matches from CEO specifically one of Kazunoko and NerdJosh and noticed that elphelts pineberry wasn't going away when she was hit? I thought they changed that in the newest patch? Anyone know what's up? I can link the footage if need be

AFAIK this isn't new in the sense that this does exist in older games (tested in +R, works), but it's easier in Xrd because no negative edge allows you to get it more consistently, plus input buffer on moves seems to be slightly bigger. It's probably a problem with how input priority works for preblock compared to neutral.
This totally does not work in +R. FD wins in all cases.

This totally does not work in +R. FD wins in all cases.

What's going on, system wise, that causes this in Xrd? What changed from +R to Xrd that allows the OS?

YES!!!! One of my fave arcsys fighters was battle fantasia, I loveeeee it I can't wait for this.

Sidenote: I was watching some matches from CEO specifically one of Kazunoko and NerdJosh and noticed that elphelts pineberry wasn't going away when she was hit? I thought they changed that in the newest patch? Anyone know what's up? I can link the footage if need be

Was it pretty good? I never touched it.