• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Reactions: EA575 and Spencer
Would be excusable if they didn't port shit no one cares about comparing to their main line stuff, along with doing entire reigons dirty in general.

Hey, maybe if p4 was on pc, motherfuckers in Europe wouldn't cried so may tears.

Xrd will come to PC eventually
When Revelator comes to consoles to keep up the arc sys fighter localization on PC tradition of being behind

Reactions: Wenzel and iLoli
It's actually impressive how much dirt Arcsys does in people's faces and still gets away with it.

Awful region shit, DLC prices on certain things being laughable (fuck characters being locked behind dlc, that is bad shit), along with them trying to be fucking EA and doing yearly installments of games, with BB being the worst of it with CSEX and CPEX.

Awful region shit
I'd blame that more on SCEE.

I'd blame that more on SCEE.
Didn't the xbox version get released awfully in Europe as well?

Didn't the xbox version get released awfully in Europe as well?
Right. I just remembered the Xbox still exists.
And it's not ArcSys's fault that Persona got released too late in Europe. It's more of Atlus, the publisher, not having an EU branch.

Right. I just remembered the Xbox still exists.
And it's not ArcSys's fault that Persona got released too late in Europe. It's more of Atlus, the publisher, not having an EU branch.
Persona 4 came out in Europe about 3 months after it came out in the US.

FES was about 5 months.

PQ was 3 days.

EO 4 was a couple of months.

Granted they have done bad, with p3 and I think SMT 4, but in the last 10 or so years they've been alright.

it's almost as if Europe's localization and marketing skills are poop on dog stick.

Reactions: EA575
Persona 4 came out in Europe about 3 months after it came out in the US.
They probably meant Persona 4 Arena, which was region locked on the PS3 (!?) and came out in Europe 9 months after it came out in the US.

Anyone found out who is the winner for the Character Poll? Bet's are on Japan's favorite dude who looks like a lady.

Unsure if this has been posted already.
Best lion king has had his arcade mode released somehow.

Reactions: EA575
Anyone found out who is the winner for the Character Poll? Bet's are on Japan's favorite dude who looks like a little girl.
FTFY

Character poll hasn't started yet, it happens late September apparently.

and I want my one eyed one armed pink haired samurai please

So in the midst of all this Jam and Revelator business, I have a question about the ending of Xrd -SIGN-'s story mode.

So Ky gets shot in the back. Great. He dies. Not so great. He somehow gets up, but his eye is red, and whatshisface makes some remark along the line of "No, you can't be-" and Ky kills him. So what's with the eye? Is Ky a half-Gear or something?

So in the midst of all this Jam and Revelator business, I have a question about the ending of Xrd -SIGN-'s story mode.

So Ky gets shot in the back. Great. He dies. Not so great. He somehow gets up, but his eye is red, and whatshisface makes some remark along the line of "No, you can't be-" and Ky kills him. So what's with the eye? Is Ky a half-Gear or something?
Thats the implication, perhaps gear status is transferable like an STD

Either it's like an STD or whatever had been happening to the Japanese is now happening to non-Japanese populations.

Either it's like an STD or whatever had been happening to the Japanese is now happening to non-Japanese populations.

You mean Ki Overflow Syndrome, though it seems to happen only to those who have a high accumulation of Ki (Ky doesn't)

You mean Ki Overflow Syndrome, though it seems to happen only to those who have a high accumulation of Ki (Ky doesn't)

Maybe Dizzy overflew Ky with her Ki if you know what I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Apparently, Ky swapped one of his eyes with Sin's, so that Sin could go around without people realizing he's part Gear, since Red Eyes seems to be a Gear thing. This is why Sin has the eyepatch. One theory is that having a Gear eye transplanted in him is what's caused him to become one.

...why Ky's eye wasn't Red this whole time is another story, with no answer...

What I'm getting from this conversation is that Guilty Gear story is super, super dumb.

Always was, always will be.

Wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the fan poll ends up being put into the console version of REVELATOR. I just hope that there aren't any problems with localization when it hops the ocean.

Wouldn't be surprised if the winner of the fan poll ends up being put into the console version of REVELATOR. I just hope that there aren't any problems with localization when it hops the ocean.

It took about a month last time. It should go the same way this time. Localization for the US was done already with the Japanese release.

whaddaya mean a month
US release was a week and a half after the JP release
it was the limited editions that got delayed

Reactions: k0mbatdan and EA575
Oh yeah you're right. Let's get some more of that week and a half goodness, ASW. And maybe cut it down to a year and a half for Europe. :PUN: