• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I just wanted to mainly vote for HOS.

mainly because I like the Guilty Gear story and I wanna know more about the man formerly known as Frederick.

nuh-uh.
he had two friends.
now he wants to kill one of them.

Fredrick's entire relevant plot is already available.

So the poll just ended a couple hours ago. Results will be revealed on the 16th.

come on baiken make that last push

I think she's faking it considering she keeps changing the arm when she turns around. :P

Seriously though, why the hell did ARC make such asimetric characters like Dizzy and Baiken in a game where you mirror sprites?

Last edited:
I think she's faking it considering she keeps changing the arm when she turns out. :P

Seriously though, why the hell did ARC make such asimetric characters like Dizzy and Baiken in a game where you mirror sprites?
Because "fuck you anime" that's why.

Get ready for the results tomorrow.
tumblr_nw85fo7fAN1txww12o1_500.gif

Why would you design a boss character entirely around the fact you're not mirroring sprites but then make an asymmetrical playable character and just mirror the sprites?

You referencing SF3? I don't remember who was asymmetrical there. Oro? He at least possibly could be switching his hand as he seems to be able to untie them easy enough. Necro's with his tatoo (I think it was asymetrical)? Hardly comparable with a missing arm and miscolored wings.

It really took me a while to understand that Baiken is actually missing the arm because of that. :P

You referencing SF3? I don't remember who was asymmetrical there. Oro? He at least possibly could be switching his hand as he seems to be able to untie them easy enough. Necro's with his tatoo (I think it was asymetrical)? Hardly comparable with a missing arm and miscolored wings.

It really took me a while to understand that Baiken is actually missing the arm because of that. :P

Gill

Gill

Well I was asking about the character that WAS mirrored even though it was asymmetric. Gill wasn't.

I might have not been clear enough.

Last edited:
I would like all of the top 4 in but I'm kinda sad that the one that likely had the biggest chance to get in outside a popularity poll is the one that won

What a waste, as said, she was getting in soon regardless.

But hey, Dizzy players enjoy. At least her animations will look great.

Well I had already assumed she was a guarantee so i was trying to vote for others but oh well guess I'll be seeing my other main again soon maybe ^^

Wow, Dizzy actually won! I would have bet on Bridget knowing japan, but yeah. This is awesome.
Again, I understand she was probably gonna get in, but the reassurance is worth it, especially knowing the second choice was gonna be Bridget. Honestly I'm just glad she kept him out of the game.

Though I'll admit A.B.A was a long shot, I still feel a bit bad. ;-;

Was anything ever confirmed that they were going to add DLC characters outside of the polls? I'm very happy, I can't wait until she gets added.

An imgur or embedded image would help please. can't open it for some reasn

Seriously though, an imgur of the poll results would be great.

So, you got all these characters that could get in, and everyone voted for the one most likely to get in even if they didn't win a popularity poll?
My condolences to all the ABA and Bridget voters
well, at least it ain't Holy Order Sol.

Seeing as people have been screaming for Alex for years in SF and they didn't get him, many people (including me) don't want to risk it. Saying that any of these characters are a "sure in" is disingenuous as anyone voted above them might have had pushed out one of those "sure ins". Unless we get all of those characters (which I doubt) then someone must be left out.

I have the results in picture form.

tumblr_nwbbk7uvbz1r9s07oo1_500.png

Top 3 is surprisingly really close. Guess people really didn't want the Order Sol fanboys or something, haha.

I have the results in picture form.

tumblr_nwbbk7uvbz1r9s07oo1_500.png

Top 3 is surprisingly really close. Guess people really didn't want the Order Sol fanboys or something, haha.
Seems more to me like the 3 under Sol got scared that their favorite characters weren't as popular as they'd want people to believe. :^)

At least he made top five. That is something.

Are you serious? Only 3.7 behind A.B.A?
For shame.

Wow Kliff only had 800 god bless.

lol this reminds me of the SG waifu war aftermath nice. The salt is great even if I don't like the whole 'vote to put a character in' concept in general.

Order Sol went down hard [from 1st to 4th] since the mid result. Granted he had only a slight lead, but the mid result reveal definitely worked against him. I elaborated much more on why this would be bad for him on DL, but DL as usual gets glitchy on times so I can't link my full post.

inb4 we get more posts on why x person's gameplay is objectively superior to y person's gameplay or how x person should not even be here because they 'would have got in anyway' nonsense posts as if we know the developers.

Also people now can't pull the "it should matter for those who go to arcades" angle when that was what the vote was about. Face the fact that waifu voters can travel easily to arcades too. Japan is easy to get around in. Also hardcore GG fans can be waifu fans at the same time.

I guess I should also brace myself for Dizzy's new theme not being as good as Awe of She.

Because, let's be honest, nothing can beat Awe of She.

Don't they include the old GG themes anyway? Also yeah Awe of She is awesome hard to top.

Well, at least Daiji gets to play both of his waifus.

It's difficult to hate the Dizzy voters when we know the alternative would have been HOS. Add his gimmick to a new character if his gameplay is really what appeals to people.

I miss Robo (with or without the Ky look) and Zappa the greatest Midnight Carnival character ever but since they didn't have a chance in hell of getting in, I'm glad Baiken and Bridget did at least. Only one generic waifu for those two is a good deal.