• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Since I'm a noob, is it normal to hate 180 inputs or am I the only one?
I have mixed feelings on Half circle notations. Doing double half circles are a pain to do but I seem to mess up fewer half back forward movements than 360 movements.

I used to main Millia and her reversal felt good using the quarterback+half forward and it feels a lot smoother that way.

They do take some getting used to like any input so just practice them in training until you get more comfortable.

I mean it's just that it's hell to input that with a keyboard. Double quarters are doable tho. Tomorrow a 360 pad that my brother ordered should arrive so I guess I'll try it with that and see how it goes.

In Guilty Gear half circle or 41236 motions can be difficult with keyboard and Hitbox. If you miss either one of your diagonals the move won't come out. For double quarter circle or 236236 moves you can omit both of your diagonals and still get the super.
It's completely normal to hate half circles. Skullgirls and Persona have no half circle motions. Street Fighter 4 has them, but you don't have to hit all your diagonals. Personally, I'm not a fan of them.

To be perfectly frank, it is just like anything else that is execution heavy... practice makes perfect.

I'm currently working on sticking Ram's mini IAD loop: [IAD > k > s > 8D] * 3 and just landed it vs Sol yesterday for the first time.

Prior to that, the last execution hurdle I remember was Rise's special to super in P4AU: 214A > 236x2B (I think... it's been a while).

Up next I'd like to work on learning Arakune or Zato which of course means negative edge combos.

Keep hammering it out and you'll end up barely remembering that it gave you trouble.

I thought you didn't need to hit all the diagonals in Xrd.
Also I thought Xrd didn't have negative edge.

I thought you didn't need to hit all the diagonals in Xrd.
Also I thought Xrd didn't have negative edge.
I don't know about arakune, but for zato, eddie's moves only come out when you release the button, he is basically negative edge the character

Reactions: Spencer
With Arakune (in Blazblue of course), bugs during curse are used via negative edge.

There's some leniency on half circles on Xrd (as long as you hit 4 2 and 6 in the right order you should be good) but not sure abut ACR. as a keys player too, i know the pain

something strange is that i've been able to get 4136 inputs to count as half circles on Steam Xrd while Console Xrd doesn't let me do that...

There's some leniency on half circles on Xrd (as long as you hit 4 2 and 6 in the right order you should be good) but not sure abut ACR. as a keys player too, i know the pain

something strange is that i've been able to get 4136 inputs to count as half circles on Steam Xrd while Console Xrd doesn't let me do that...
There is no leniency on the console version. That's really nice that the Steam version developers are thinking about keyboard players.

1453195399231.jpg

So the new FEMALE character is Kum Haehyun. SHE is the girl featured in the image on the left at the bottom right. SHE wears the guy person human thing as a costume and you can see her when he gets hit and i assume in her supers or instant kill

this character is all kinds of weird I cant wait for more

I dunno why people have problems with those, but that's not uncommon for people to complain about them.

So the new FEMALE character is Kum Haehyun. SHE is the girl featured in the image on the left at the bottom right. SHE wears the guy person human thing as a costume and you can see her when he gets hit and i assume in her supers or instant kill

this character is all kinds of weird I cant wait for more

How did saying go? "Oh, Japan."?

Also says in that page that Revelator will come to consoles on May 26th. Probably won't take too long to localize, too.

I mean it only took a month for the first Xrd to come here. I understand being skeptical but there's reason to be optimistic.

Unless you live in Europe. Sorry Europe.

Funny how we got Leo and Elph on PC before PS3/4 in Europe got them.

Also I believe Chronophantasma Extend took longer than that and it was after Xrd. Could be wrong though.

So Haehyun's gimmick is that she's a girl in power armor?

That power armor is also Gouken.

There is no leniency on the console version. That's really nice that the Steam version developers are thinking about keyboard players.
Damn. So you mean the shortcut that lets you do 4236 = halfcircle isn't on the console version?
I have it for steam.

Damn. So you mean the shortcut that lets you do 4236 = halfcircle isn't on the console version?
I have it for steam.
Just did some testing for Xrd on PS3. Apparently you can omit one of the diagonals on half circles. 426 doesn't work tho. For 632146, you can actually omit both diagonals. You can also omit diagonals in 236236 moves. The only shortcut that works for AC for PS3 is for the 236236 moves.

That's nearly two weeks after the JP release. Not bad.
Also right on time for the EVO lineup announcements hehehe

It shouldn't be a problem considering not much has changed in terms of balancing.

Well fuck, I'm going to get Xrd when the summer sales come around. How's the PC port?

Well fuck, I'm going to get Xrd when the summer sales come around. How's the PC port?
the pc port is fine. just fine. everything works and besides a few things that i would nit-pick over, there really isn't anything to be like "Hey don't get the PC version of X-erd (Yes I will always call Xrd, "X-ERD", because that's how it was pronounced back when they made the trailer for it. and I found it funny.)

Agreed with Ninja.

I played a bit on PS3 and there is nothing really missing aside from a few match finding things. I miss the lobbies (though I don't really know why), and I ilked being able to pick my region... but that's about it.

There were some known scaling issues with the UI, but they weren't even noticeable to me.

they fixed the UI issues for the most part

Not too much of a wait is always nice, hope PC will see it soon after. Probably getting the PS3 version since I doubt it will and they're probably still not going to use LZ's driver.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator NA release date is 6/7/16.
Little late.

Little late.
I really should read the thread more......
cdb32029365baeab6d9cceb264a3cf97.jpg

the pc port is fine. just fine. everything works and besides a few things that i would nit-pick over, there really isn't anything to be like "Hey don't get the PC version of X-erd (Yes I will always call Xrd, "X-ERD", because that's how it was pronounced back when they made the trailer for it. and I found it funny.)

Actually there seem to be connection problems that simply won't allow you to connect with certain people even if they are very close.

But other than that all problems were fixed. (memory leak and inability to rebind some keyboard buttons)

Reactions: ArgonBern
So Arcsys seems really nice from what I'm reading. Noice.

Yeah, their PC team is quite dedicated to add patches.

Lately they even made a survey on twitter as to what default keyboard button settings should be for their future titles. There should be more patches to Xrd coming and they did patch out nearly all problems with GGXX AC +R.

Hell they even added widescreen mode instead of bars on sides in AC +R for people who wanted. Way more than I expected.

Last edited: