• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guns n' Barrels - Double Combo Thread

Maybe I'm just going crazy, but I could swear I was told that Barrel loops don't work on Big Band? They sure are to me.

I'm not a Double player by any stretch, but here's some beta screwing around combos:

All of them full corner to corner carry.

Double: 7.4k
2LK 5MK MK 5HK xx 236HP
dash 2MP 5HK
j.MK(2) j.HK xx 214MK
2LK 5HK
j.LP j.HK xx 214MK
5LP LP 5MK MK 2HP xx 623HK xx 236PP

Big Band: 7.2k
2LK 5MK MK 5HK xx 236HP
dash 2MP 5HK
j.MK(1) j.HK xx 214MK
5MK MK 5HK
j.LP j.MP j.HP

Everyone Else (pretty sure): 7.4k
2LK 5MK MK 5HK xx 236HP
dash 2MP 5HK
j.MK(1) j.HK xx 214MK
5MK MK 5HK
j.LP j.HK xx 214MK

The 5MK link can be difficult on Parasoul, you can just use LK if you are struggling.

When going from Dash, c.MK, HK to j.MK(1), j.HK xx Barrel, is the barrel supposed to carry them all the way down like barrel loops? I'm finding it hard to find the timing to get the carry down.

When going from Dash, c.MK, HK to j.MK(1), j.HK xx Barrel, is the barrel supposed to carry them all the way down like barrel loops? I'm finding it hard to find the timing to get the carry down.
Yep, you do j.MK and just before the second hit, j.HK. You should jump up higher (which is why it doesn't work on double, however it functions as a much better AIR crossup than teacups because of it).

Gives you much more time to link than other barrel loops, the 5MK link is easier than even the LP and LK links off normal loops I believe.

Ok so... I can't get past the 7.4k damage wall. Here's what I've got so far:

Lots of stuff stolen from Age and Duckator, don't be salty at me plz.

Try
j.lp, j.mp, j.hk
j.mk, j.hk, barrel
st.lp2, cr.mp, cr.hp hornet bomber h

after launching

Reactions: noaa
Try
j.lp, j.mp, j.hk
j.mk, j.hk, barrel
st.lp2, cr.mp, cr.hp hornet bomber h

after launching

Nice! Just got 7636 with these changes on the first combo of the video. Before the last chain the undizzy is at 235. I'm really liking this.

New notations for it:

c.lk > s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > xx Cilia Slide
c.mp > c.hp > xx Fleshstep
s.mk > s.mk > s.hk
j.lp > j.mp > j.hk
rejump > j.mk(2) > j.hk > xx Barrel
s.lp > s.lp > s.mk > s.mk > c.hp > xx Hornet Bomber > xx Bandwagon

Last edited:

Got sick of my avery loop bullcrap against big band, so here's a thing. Should be universal except for the c.mp which can be switch to mp or c.mk to work with everyone else.

Reactions: Krackatoa
stuff
Can you end the combo with Legion instead of Bandwagon? Should be able to reach 10k with Legion instead...

What's legion her level 3?

I still think she doesn't lol

other then damage what are the benefits of doing these new loops? any good points for reset other then the loop?

other then damage what are the benefits of doing these new loops? any good points for reset other then the loop?
~Variety~

You can reset at most points in the ground sections with qcb+assist or my always favorite "dash and then mash grab as fast as possible"

What's legion her level 3?

I still think she doesn't lol
Yes the lv3.

I tried doing the same combo I quoted from noaa with the lv3 ender and got 10611. I only did one s.lp after the Barrel, though, but I doubt that one lp changes much lol.

Yes the lv3.

I tried doing the same combo I quoted from noaa with the lv3 ender and got 10611. I only did one s.lp after the Barrel, though, but I doubt that one lp changes much lol.

Did you had any doubt a lvl3 ender would do more damage than a lvl1 ender?

Did you had any doubt a lvl3 ender would do more damage than a lvl1 ender?
Not really, just felt like pointing out she gets 10k with the lv3 instead of the car, lol.

I don't have anything super solid, but I have a few.

-HK jump back j.lk j.hp. bursting can whiff during either move, but there is a spot in the middle where it can hit.
-slide, otg sweep (can cancel to luger or cat heads). If they burst late it will whiff even without cancelling.
-during cat heads, get to about half screen distance and use titan knuckle cancelled to whiffed luger.

If you use projectiles to invoke burst isn't the opponent not left open for the unblock able follow-up? I mean, or so I've found in my research... (Totally would be stoked for unknown solutions regarding that beyond settings for incoming mixup)

I've experimented with a few sequences of combos to meterless ToD that are pretty basic and easy online. Will record/post later today but please keep the ideas coming!

If you use projectiles to invoke burst isn't the opponent not left open for the unblock able follow-up? I mean, or so I've found in my research... (Totally would be stoked for unknown solutions regarding that beyond settings for incoming mixup)

I've experimented with a few sequences of combos to meterless ToD that are pretty basic and easy online. Will record/post later today but please keep the ideas coming!

Yes, if they burst after a projectile hit, they can block. That's why you want to whiff luger, making the hurtbox from titan knuckle disappear, but not hitting them with the projectile.

Cat heads -> titan knuckle wiffed luger doesn't work if they just wait for the cats to hit them after landing titan knuckle and burst then. Of course its not really a bad position to be in either if you have some time left for cat heads.

Uploaded this one as well. Turns out it's basically the same as the one @Age posted, but w/e.

Anyone getting anything decent off of max undizzy airthrows/ground throws (that is, something that never hits combo stage 5)? Doing an airthrow into OTG c.MP c.HP xx fleshstep into another ground chain ended with H hornet bomber xx car is about 3.3k at 1.00 damage multiplier (and tack on a few hundred more for an assist in the combo wherever it fits). It generally means an airthrow reset adds only about 2k to a touch for Double most of the time (and maybe 30% of a super meter), either by coming at max undizzy or from discarding a lot of damage by resetting early into throw damage scaling.

Edit - You can tack on about 200-300 damage by catching the airthrow bounce before the OTG and doing a c.hp xx cilia slide in the first combo chain, then using the OTG or extending with an assist to get the second chain xx h bomber. So maybe topping out at 4kish with a hard hitting assist, which is getting a little more scary.

Last edited:
Double's Flashstep combo on Parasoul and Fortune (6.8K, 1 meter):
2LK, 5MKx2, 2HP xx 4LKHK,
2LK, 2HP xx 214K,
5LPx2, 5MP, 5HK,
j.LP, j.MK(2), j.HK xx j.214MK,
5MKx2, 2HP xx 623HK xx 236PP

On everyone else (7.2K, 1 meter):
2LK, 5MKx2, 2HP xx 4LKHK,
2MP, 2HP xx 214K,
5LPx2, 5MKx2, 5HK
j.LP, j.MK(2), j.HK xx j.214MK,
2LK, 5MKx2, 2HP xx 623HK xx 236PP

Is there a nice preferably standard Double combo I can start off learning?

The encore standard would probably be:

c.lk mk mk hk
j.lp j.mk (2) j.hk xx barrel
c.lk mk mk hk
j.lk(1) j.mk (2) j.hk xx barrel
lp mk mk c.hp xx H hornet bomber xx super

This is not any easier than Luweewu's, which will do more damage, but it has the advantage that it's the same combo off of a throw or airthrow OTG and it's universal until Big Band is in the game. It also retains the red knockdown the whole combo so you can do a titan knuckle in one of the ground chains to get a slide knockdown, which gives enough time to do stuff like hard tag or just set up distance for zoning.

edit - Fixed to show you only do one hit of j.lk

Last edited:
So what would you guys say is the most practical, but most damaging and fairly universal?

Luweewu's are completely practical, and they're just cilia slide combos started from a ground chain instead of raw so you need to have them down anyway for cilia punishes and things like pushblock -> cilia. The one I posted does about 6.8k with a car super at the end so it's not a huge difference either way though.

Edit - You can do a slight switch on the Fortune/Para variant of Luweewu's combo by doing a dash lk c.mp c.hp xx flesh step chain after the slide, which gives an easy juggle from the c.hp bounce with mk mk hk. Ups the damage to 7.1k

Last edited:
Slightly refined chain into cilia slide combo:

All except Parasoul, Fortune, and Double:

c.lk mk mk c.hp xx cilia slide
c.mp c.hp xx flesh step
mk mk hk (launch)
j.mp j.hp
(rejump using a super jump; bella needs only a normal jump here)

~7.4k with a car ender. The j.mp j.hp chain is also a gruesome reset point. Never uses barrel -> lk link.

The Cilia Slide combo gives you slightly more meter while giving your opponent slightly less (If you look at my videos, barrel loop gives the 1 bar while cilia slide is just shy).

As a side note: when making combo videos, don't have them at 5/Full meter so we could see total meter build. 3 meters is usually enough for most combos.

Reactions: Nuuance
The encore standard would probably be:

c.lk mk mk hk
c.lk mk mk hk
j.lk j.mk (2) j.hk xx barrel

This is not any easier than Luweewu's, which will do more damage, but it has the advantage that it's the same combo off of a throw or airthrow OTG and it's universal until Big Band is in the game. It also retains the red knockdown the whole combo so you can do a titan knuckle in one of the ground chains to get a slide knockdown, which gives enough time to do stuff like hard tag or just set up distance for zoning.

how much damage does this do? I do love those universal combos. Depending on how much damage it might be negligible because this game is primary about resets and reset opportunities. haha I'm a scrub so I can't do either combo yet.

I'm not sure if I'm going back to my team of three or sticking to Double solo but is there an actual UNIVERSAL bnb for her in Encore? Is the one obregon posted it? I am HORRIBLE with this type of thing and I just need to know so I can start getting back into things :)

I'm not sure if I'm going back to my team of three or sticking to Double solo but is there an actual UNIVERSAL bnb for her in Encore? Is the one obregon posted it? I am HORRIBLE with this type of thing and I just need to know so I can start getting back into things :)

At this point we wait till a more qualified double player responds.

The standard barrel loop is universal until Big Band comes out (you have to do a momentum trick on the j.MK after j.LK for it to work on him.) Does 6.8K 1 meter @IknowReal

The Flashstep combo I posted earlier for Fortune and Parasoul is also universal (including BB) and does 6.8K 1 meter as well (a little more actually, but still 6.8K.)

Reactions: IknowReal
The standard barrel loop is universal until Big Band comes out (you have to do a momentum trick on the j.MK after j.LK for it to work on him.) Does 6.8K 1 meter @IknowReal

The Flashstep combo I posted earlier for Fortune and Parasoul is also universal (including BB) and does 6.8K 1 meter as well (a little more actually, but still 6.8K.)
okay here we go one step at at time..

c.lk mk mk hk

c.lk mk mk hk (the timing on this seems werid when I hit c.lk I catch everything else.)

Green Complete
Red in progress
White Loading

Last edited:
okay here we go one step at at time..

c.lk mk mk hk

c.lk mk mk hk (the timing on this seems werid)

Green Complete
Red in progress
White Loading
It's probably the second chain that you're doing wrong, you have to get used to that. You should be attempting to hit them with j.lp as soon as humanly possible.

It's probably the second chain that you're doing wrong, you have to get used to that. You should be attempting to hit them with j.lp as soon as humanly possible.

I had a ton of problems with the 2nd chain initially. I finally started hitting 12. I took it down because it was really horrible the fails.

0_0 I think you where right..

For anyone looking at this in the future i'll break it down how I am learning it with tips maybe they'll help someone else.
c.lk mk mk hk (okay everyone do this)
(This is really quick j.lp ASAP j.mk your chilling in the air as soon as you hit j.hk go immediately into barrel I was waiting around on the j.hk to hit like how j.mk was this is wrong)
c.lk mk mk hk Assuming you did the 2nd l ink well you should be free to hit c.lk link.
Green Complete
Red in progress White Loading

Last edited: