• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Help Advertise Indivisible!

So Tiyuri from Chucklefish tweeted he was interested in throwing money at cool indie games. I threw him a link to the fundraiser and said the prototype might be worth checking out.

No idea if it'll pan out but no hurt trying, right?
aye.

That doesn't tell much... If you can't say who you've messaged, then that's ok. But if you can, please let us know if you do hear anything (They'll report/make video or they won't)? it'll help out our cause to help you ^_^

No, that´s say everthing lol, basically the same situation so let´s stick on our current plan.

eh, while kinda true, knowing who they've contacted might help us a little so we don't overload someone else to the point of verbally projecting their annoyance XD Also could possibly help us learn who else we can cross off the list, who to add, and maybe even send a couple of our own messages to the outlets. =3

Today's been a slow day, but at least the next paycheck is coming soon. What about mentioning some tentative stretch goals to gather more attention? Mike Z Voice mode would be an awesome thing, to be honest, after all, the Soviet Announcer for Skullgirls helped a lot in getting more funds for that campaign, imo.

I'm going to help. Is it possible for Lab Zero to get some more days? Just asking.

Okay so i'm going to leave this up for one of the admins to see if it's okay to email this person

So SuperBunnyHop is totally in loop with Indie Games, The thing is... they haven't done anything on Indivisible yet. So, if it is possible we could try contacting them via twitter

Twitter for everyone: https://twitter.com/superbunnyhop

For anyone who is part of the LZ PR crew this is the guy's email:
gweidman@superbunnyhop.com

I'm going to help. Is it possible for Lab Zero to get some more days? Just asking.

21 days left. Unless you mean days after the fundraising ends? Because I'm not really sure, but if that would be the case, I doubt this campaign would be so important to L0.

I think Mike Z said if it's really close, they can ask for a few more days.

Also, I've tried messaging Gabe Newell via Valve, hopefully he'll get the message. Link to contact Valve is here. After looking into Notch, it seems he's done with the whole "public profile" thing, and his site specifically says he's not interested in funding people's projects. On the other hand, he recently retweeted something of Jim Sterling's, so there's a good chance he knows about the campaign already.

I left a message on Markiplier's YouTube page, but with as many subscribers as he has, I don't think he'll notice. And while he's covered Electronic Super Joy, it looks like the bulk of his vids aren't Metroid or JRPG themed.

On the plus side, the current Salty stream has over 950 viewers, so it's a great place to spread support.

For anyone who is part of the LZ PR crew this is the guy's email:
gweidman@superbunnyhop.com
Why do their PR team have to contact them? Why not just send in a tip yourself?

If you see a site you think should cover Indiv, send them a tip.
It's far more useful to post here with "Hey, I just contacted this site about Indiv. Y'all should do it too." than "Hey, all y'all should email these guys."

he recently retweeted something of Jim Sterling's
Did he? Didn't show up on my feed.. Hope it's not doing the whole "Eh, we'll pick which ones you should see" crap like facebook's been doing..

So I've been trying to think of other ways to help this and all I have a few half thought ideas which I'm only mentioning in order to hope that someone else expands on them.

I don't know, well, pretty much anything about the Them's Fighting Herds indiegogo aside from the fact that it's done and has some past with Skullgirls. If there's anyway of reaching out to that community, could that help?

There was support from youtubers doing videos on Indivisible but it's not we can just ask them to do the same playthrough or whatever again. Any stuff like speedruns or events that'd help?

We could use the following hypothetical example, (or one like it) to increase how much has been payed. While the indiegogo isn't at 7000 backers, (yet) let's say it is for the sake of argument. One day $5 per existing backer average, (reduce those who don't pay and add those who pay more) is paid. That $35,000 more so if we ever do a rally of support or something one day. And if it's existing fans it doesn't have to be just one day. Though I'm worried about that idea sounding kind of needy/ a scam, see: "Heeeey, we could really just use 5 more bucks today and maybe tomorrow, sooo...."

Sorry if these aren't helpful, though it might be a good example of why I shouldn't be in charge of raising support. I'd be begging voice actors, 505 or even Arc Sys at the first sign of trouble.

Did he? Didn't show up on my feed.. Hope it's not doing the whole "Eh, we'll pick which ones you should see" crap like facebook's been doing..
As I understand it:
upload_2015-10-25_1-3-9.png

Them's Fighting Herds indiegogo aside from the fact that it's done and has some past with Skullgirls. If there's anyway of reaching out to that community, could that help?
Keep Skullgirls Growing had a tier at which they'd give the Z engine to Mane 6 back when TFH was Fighting is Magic. So, a lot of their community helped us back then. Them's Fightin' Herds did mention us during their campaign, though. They've been friendly and probably already know about us.

Any stuff like speedruns or events that'd help?
I heard something about an Indiv Prototype speedrun competition, but nothing specific yet. Likewise, I'm not sufficiently "in" the speedrun community to spread it well in there. I've posted onto /r/speedrun, but that's all I have.

use the following hypothetical example
I'm pretty sure people've already given all they can, though there's a chance of donation-increases after paydays. Especially since one of the most frequent comments I've read is "I love it but I'm broke."

I do think something to push the small tiers would help; it's easy to think "Why should I add anything? It's a drop in the bucket, it won't help." So, speedrun fans, and people who buy soundtracks/wallpapers.

Keep in mind that we won't really know the full impact of things like the Grumps video until the final week. Currently the pledge rate is slowing because the weight is shifting to the holdouts from those groups that are waiting for the final days. Obviously, it'll be a combination of those late comers and pledge upgrades that will represent the final push.

Right now, in addition to general word-of-mouth, we just need to keep bringing new eyes to the game, even from sources that aren't necessarily gaming related. If you work at a place where you're allowed access to a screen, see if you can loop the Indivisible trailer on it for a little bit. If you're going to any kind of public event, bring your fliers, and if you're going to any one of these big conventions happening at the end of the month, then tape Indivisible stuff all over your bag. Anything practical that gets someone to ask "What is that?" can help.

Another important thing about the last week, is that we need to make sure to collectively ping all of the groups that have supported L0 so far, so they can send reminders about the campaign to their followers. Hopefully most of these folks will be on top of that themselves, but we don't want them to wait until the last minute to get the word out.

Another important thing about the last week, is that we need to make sure to collectively ping all of the groups that have supported L0 so far, so they can send reminders about the campaign to their followers. Hopefully most of these folks will be on top of that themselves, but we don't want them to wait until the last minute to get the word out.

Should we make a list just to be sure? And make sure of who'd be receptive to the last week ping?

Last edited:
I think we've kept a decent list of major sources in the media coverage thread, but drop any names that you think might be missing. Supporters from Twitter probably won't need much prodding, but it might be worth sending notes to guys like Joe Mad again once we get close to the end.

Zone you beautiful bastard...
and you know what's the best thing? since posting of this on twitter money is rolling back in. TIME TO TAKE THIS ROCKET TO THE STARS ABOVE~!

and in SG we got the HYPE TRAIN as a Easter Egg, how much are you betting we get the HYPE MISSILE in Indivisible?

Reactions: Shockdingo
I have no words for this beauty. But what would've made it even more awesome than legally possible is if Roti was there too just standing on the nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
and you know what's the best thing? since posting of this on twitter money is rolling back in. TIME TO TAKE THIS ROCKET TO THE STARS ABOVE~!

and in SG we got the HYPE TRAIN as a Easter Egg, how much are you betting we get the HYPE MISSILE in Indivisible?

I mean we got some guns, and they said technology is in the world but not really distributed properly... so WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!

What would be the best place to put ZONE's animation that isn't hentaikey so we can share it?

Wanting to share it (and generate traffic for ZONE where we can too), but need a SFW link too.

Someone said he contacted Gabe newell, but I'm having doubts on how much he would have to do with it.

Btw sent a message to Tearofgrace. I don't think he's the RPG type but I thought it might be worthwhile.

Someone said he contacted Gabe newell, but I'm having doubts on how much he would have to do with it.

Btw sent a message to Tearofgrace. I don't think he's the RPG type but I thought it might be worthwhile.
Aye, I tried focusing on the Linux/Mac versions and Lab Zero's innovation with the Z engine, hoping those would catch his attention. Pretty doubtful, but I figure worth a shot.

I haven't watched it, but isn't that guy makes rude reviews or som'in?
Maybe you should try watching it to find out. :O

It's a bit hard when everything I do is at a 15kb/s speed. so watching a 13 min video I have to set aside almost 30 mins to buffer it.

oh it's Jim again. Sorry. Confused the Thumbnail with someone else that likes to rag on games

Any chance of a youtube mirror of the hype missile? With all the flash exploits found, i've taken it off my computers.

Any chance of a youtube mirror of the hype missile? With all the flash exploits found, i've taken it off my computers.
you want me to make a vid of it? fine. that is if Zone hasn't done that already

needs moozak

also can you use just links? It's kinda tough to load this page with those images loading...

Yeah.. 10 megs takes several minutes for me to load at my current connection, which also lags the piss outa my laptop.

Has anyone else contacted BaerTaffy?
http://www.twitch.tv/baertaffy
If his stream is online, You can prob catch his attention.. and if I'm remembering right, You should beable to donate $1 to get a message to pop up. So a good chance to get him to see it too.

Youtube Version of Zone's Thingie

again all thanks go to Zone because he is the coolest.

don't forget to take this vid and spread it around everywhere. People might be leary at clicking on the hentai key version of the flash so the youtube version is a tad bit safer.

Last edited: