• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sphinx-sama is so kawaii. >:3
The other looks like a ceremonial beard stab followed by the ostrich feather turning into a serpent?
But damn! All things we haven't seen on stream before. Talk about working hard.

Is that palette a reference? Seems somewhat reminiscent of Fem Jedah...

Balder sure uses a lot of Japanese phrases to refer to his Egyptian-based tomato lady.
Oh my god DDB, you are ruling this thread with all these zingers.

Reactions: DDB
Oh my god DDB, you are ruling this thread with all these zingers.
Explain that last one to me, DDB is so good at his craft that he's escaping my understanding.

Reactions: ruins72 and Cawtime
Explain that last one to me, DDB is so good at his craft that he's escaping my understanding.
i think he is referring to the prototype where Ms "Eliza" Fortune dropping tomatoes when hit to represent how Eliza's blood mechanic would work

Reactions: Denizen
i think he is referring to the prototype where Ms "Eliza" Fortune dropping tomatoes when hit to represent how Eliza's blood mechanic would work
I think he's referring to Eliza's straight up blood palette.

Oh and here's what I'm assuming is Eliza's s.LP
81Gw812.gif

And c.Mk/c.Lk?
Wkybb9k.gif

Last edited:
That stream was AMAZING!! An embarrassment of riches!

That looks like cr.lk
Yeah, most likely.

All of my yes! She's even better in motion! It's too bad my internet was so crappy that I couldn't watch the stream ;_;

Ok I've really been looking forward to Eliza she was my top vote for the character poll and I'm still looking forward to her but there is something that has been on my mind. How is she doing all this?

Now we've only seen glimpses of her move set but so far we've seen lots of transformations I know shes an Egyptian character with and Egyptian theme but I kinda thought her move set would be more down to earth. I'm not sure if you guys have been looking at all the animation stuff but so far she turns into a harpy with one of her air attack and into a sphinx with what I can only assume is a ground attack (maybe Mlk). Now I don't really have a problem with it I'm just wondering if it covers in her lore that she can do this. I thought Skemet's attack would be the flashier one's.

Honestly ever since I saw that A.B.A was a character inspiration and that Eliza would have two forms. I just assumed she would play a lot like A.B.A which is not a bad thing I love A.B.A. I assume Eliza's attacks would be slow and calculated while Skemet would be fast and crazy. It might still work out this way what do you guys think of her so far?

Ok I've really been looking forward to Eliza she was my top vote for the character poll and I'm still looking forward to her but there is something that has been on my mind. How is she doing all this?

Now we've only seen glimpses of her move set but so far we've seen lots of transformations I know shes an Egyptian character with and Egyptian theme but I kinda thought her move set would be more down to earth. I'm not sure if you guys have been looking at all the animation stuff but so far she turns into a harpy with one of her air attack and into a sphinx with what I can only assume is a ground attack (maybe Mlk). Now I don't really have a problem with it I'm just wondering if it covers in her lore that she can do this. I thought Skemet's attack would be the flashier one's.

Honestly ever since I saw that A.B.A was a character inspiration and that Eliza would have two forms. I just assumed she would play a lot like A.B.A which is not a bad thing I love A.B.A. I assume Eliza's attacks would be slow and calculated while Skemet would be fast and crazy. It might still work out this way what do you guys think of her so far?
" Because of her kinship with her parasite, Eliza can control her own blood."
" In reality, Eliza’s charity blood drives primarily serve to feed Sekhmet and preserve her own beauty. "

It's right there in the character description, did you not read it?

No I read it but Skemet as a parasite is her skeleton, he has a cat like face but he is essentially just bones. As far as I know he does not transform into things such as birds and sphinxes I think they just added these moves cause they are Egyptian symbols and she is Egyptian. If so that's fine it fits her theme but it does not make sense how she just transforms into these things.

Valentine is a ninja nurse she pulls out a body bag to harm her opponents that makes sense she does not turn into a syringe to harm her opponents that does not make sense but would still fit the theme.

Eliza is a shapeshifting mass of blood therefore she can become whatever the hell she wants to be, this isn't difficcult to understand. Also Sekhmet is a she, not a he.

Eliza is a shapeshifting mass of blood therefore she can become whatever the hell she wants to be, this isn't difficcult to understand. Also Sekhmet is a she, not a he.

I did not know that she is all blood I guess that makes sense since she gets rid of all her skin when she transforms into sekhmet. I just figured the blood she needed was to rejuvenate her organs and what not. But if she's all blood I just she just needs...more...blood

I wonder if, as far as parasites go Samson would find Sekhmet to be really hot given his mannerisms.

Also yeah from whats shown Sekhmet cant transform cause shes pretty much hard bone but her host Eliza can being essentially kind of a blood slime woman though probably not to the pure shapeshifting extent of Double since she seems to need to be stuck with Sekhmet for the most part to do a lot of them.

I wonder if all parasites can transform and manipulate their shape to an extent.

I wonder if all parasites can transform and manipulate their shape to an extent.
Sekhmet does seem to be able to fit snugly into Elizas body regardless of her claws and horn-like skull bits so she probably can to an extent.

No I read it but Skemet as a parasite is her skeleton, he has a cat like face but he is essentially just bones. As far as I know he does not transform into things such as birds and sphinxes I think they just added these moves cause they are Egyptian symbols and she is Egyptian. If so that's fine it fits her theme but it does not make sense how she just transforms into these things.

Valentine is a ninja nurse she pulls out a body bag to harm her opponents that makes sense she does not turn into a syringe to harm her opponents that does not make sense but would still fit the theme.
The idea is that Sekhmet is not transforming, just the blood mass surrounding her. Now how does that translate to her crouching move where she turns into a sphinx, I haven't the foggiest idea. I guess Sekhmet is just really flexible too.

Reactions: Monkfish and Balder
everyone keeps say eliza slow but from the stream she doesn't seem that slow. Maybe they just haven't made her the right speed yet or something in the game yet

If we're talking True Parasites then I would say yes. Samson, Leviathan, and Sekhmet have all shown some shapeshifting ability. Now before people go correcting me on Sekhmet, think for a moment. If Sekhmet stayed her usual shape all the time then Eliza would be HIDEOUS.

I did not know that she is all blood I guess that makes sense since she gets rid of all her skin when she transforms into sekhmet. I just figured the blood she needed was to rejuvenate her organs and what not. But if she's all blood I just she just needs...more...blood
Check out her official character art:

Capture5.jpg

See the way all her blood/skin has come off her arms and changed into that snake? Or the way her feet are unraveling into that mass of bloody ankhs?
(Bonus point - I never noticed how Eliza's bracelets get incorporated into the snake's design here. That's a cool touch.)

As for Sekhmet fitting into her various forms, I would just put that down to artistic license. Though Eliza's hit animation does look mental at the moment. Sekh's head looks all twisty in it.

Reactions: Denizen
A more prolonged look at what was shown today. One can never ingratiate oneself in too many details.
CQv6jXW.png

I dare say that's the entire face coming off. It looks like Sekhmet.
Notice Eliza's hands during the sphinx transformation. You can see this maneuver poses no discomfort for Sekhmet.
The cat is formed from the blood mass of the shin. Shout-outs to Tabasa.
Both arms form a single hissing asp. The tongue might be Sekhmet's fingers.

Side note, given the usual logic, I believe this might be the base artwork for Story mode.
EJkcL3o.png

It does make me wonder why use in the select screen though...

A more prolonged look at what was shown today. One can never ingratiate oneself in too many details.
CQv6jXW.png

I dare say that's the entire face coming off. It looks like Sekhmet.
Notice Eliza's hands during the sphinx transformation. You can see this maneuver poses no discomfort for Sekhmet.
The cat is formed from the blood mass of the shin. Shout-outs to Tabasa.
Both arms form a single hissing asp. The tongue might be Sekhmet's fingers.

Side note, given the usual logic, I believe this might be the base artwork for Story mode.
EJkcL3o.png

It does make me wonder why use in the select screen though...
Thats placeholder art, Big Band had placeholder art too.

She totally needs Abdul references, throw some Tsk, Tsk, YES, I AM! Tsk, Tsk!

When does she come to beta?

Thats placeholder art, Big Band had placeholder art too.
We figured as such when a screencap of the select screen first appeared but I was left wondering why use a new art asset for placeholder when the DLC 1 announcement artwork could have served that purpose...but I suppose this whole business involves coding in assets and whatnot and that is a completely esoteric subject for me. <:3
(Unless Eliza and Beowulf are getting new splash art.)

Oh man I can't wait until she's in Beta.
With Big Band announced for a official release on the 22nd this month and what seems like most of Eliza's ground normals done, it might be earlier than we think. Again, it depends if Sekhmet is required for the character to begin testing and, if so, how much of her is done.
Alas, even if I speak against my interests, I think Mr Birdland should at least get one month of "official release limelight" before players get something new to toy around with. Big Band's "15 minutes of fame" have already been fukued up as it is.

I really like all of the animations Eliza has so far as they are really creative. The sphinx one is great, I would assume that is her crouching pose.

I really like all of the animations Eliza has so far as they are really creative. The sphinx one is great, I would assume that is her crouching pose.
it's either cr.MP or cr.MK with P being far more likely. her crouching lights where shown in the stream, too (cr.LK being the cat and cr.LP the snake/jackal bite) and we've known her crouch, her cr.HP and cr.HK for some time now.

i just hope this palette makes it in the game, though it seems it was overwritten during the course of the stream ;_;
Liza.png
I'm a huge sucker for the combination of blue, white and orange

Status
Not open for further replies.