• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a race tho. >.> I just had it full screen when Persona finished the drawing so I capped it. XD

Its totes a race. lol Nah, but I only said that cuz I was about to put the image on here as you posted it.

To be honest it's not that bad, you just have to make sure you use the time during transformation wisely and make each hit count. Besides it's not like you're forced to use the transformation and her normals in her regular state looked pretty good so far from what we've seen. Not to mention it may work differently from A.B.A's transformation or the scaling on her health loss could be more reasonable in this game. It won't be exactly the same as A.B.A after all, I'm sure MikeZ would not do that and neither would Alex Ahad. XD
Yeah you know, this is basically how I see the modes being. I would be surprised if that didn't happen.

Didn't they say you would automatically turn into Sekhmet when your health gets low enough? And if so how, because I'm all of the sudden imagining Eliza bursting out of a combo into Sekhmet form.

Didn't they say you would automatically turn into Sekhmet when your health gets low enough? And if so how, because I'm all of the sudden imagining Eliza bursting out of a combo into Sekhmet form.

If that's the case, I'd imagine it'd be like in Persona 4 Arena with Awakenings. If you're in a combo, and your health gets low enough for it, you don't change until you go back into neutral. But I don't like that for Eliza.

That was just one possibility they mentioned I believe. They could be doing something completely different from that and honestly they haven't said much about what mechanics she's actually going to have or is planned to have when she's finished. We don't know if she'll still have the blood mechanics the same way they were when they were first shown off, we don't know how Sekhmet will be activated or work (assuming she's able to be activated at-will) or anything else other than what her normals are, her grabs, and some of her specials.

Having Sekhmet as a separate modes noticeably increases the cost of making Eliza compared to any other char since it's basically making two characters at once. All the additional frames for normals, specials, supers, etc.
Afaik it was stated Sekhmet won't be a full character. It could be something like "She can't block, and the moment she's hit she turns back into Eliza", which would reduce costs as you don't need no Blockstun/Hitstun animations. Then she doesn't have any special moves or supers at all but just a really fast run speed and 5 way airdash and boom she's "cheap"! Or something along those lines.

I'm more concerned about that Blood mechanic she was supposed to have, we haven't seen any of that ever and the only thing I faintly remember being said about it was "It might not happen" .. which I might be recalling falsely, but yeah with something "big" like that you'd think it would have made /some/ kind of appearance by now?

Afaik it was stated Sekhmet won't be a full character. It could be something like "She can't block, and the moment she's hit she turns back into Eliza", which would reduce costs as you don't need no Blockstun/Hitstun animations. Then she doesn't have any special moves or supers at all but just a really fast run speed and 5 way airdash and boom she's "cheap"! Or something along those lines.

I'm more concerned about that Blood mechanic she was supposed to have, we haven't seen any of that ever and the only thing I faintly remember being said about it was "It might not happen" .. which I might be recalling falsely, but yeah with something "big" like that you'd think it would have made /some/ kind of appearance by now?

What I'm thinking on the blood mechanic is that they likely felt basing her biggest gimmicks solely on taking damage to do things like recover health later in the match with a block buster or get a bunch of hits from it like they showed off in that preview during IGG was just too bland and uninteresting, or they thought of other things that they believed would be more interesting instead. Of course they could just not have put the blood mechanic in yet and are focusing on getting her attacks and everything else settled first before adding in the blood mechanics over top of everything else.

I never thought of Litchi's staff and staffless mode. That type of two modes could be interesting. But there has to be an incentive to using the second mode. That's what I'm getting at. She shouldn't be too solid in normal mode.
Or the mode simply specialize in different things without being weak: Eliza=heavy hitting&pokes; Sekhmet=speed&mixups.

If they wanted to make the blood mechanic better, they could just have specials that produce their own blood in addition to being hit so that its not so much of a disadvantage to use her gimmick.

About Sekhmet, it's possible she might just have basic moves and no specials/Blockbusters of her own and said basic moves could share the same frames like how in ye olde Street Fighter II, Lights and Mediums looked pretty much the same.
As for the blood mechanic, its proposed use is powering up specials/Blockbusters so I'd wager they want to implement all of those before determining how the effect works. We also have to bear in mind that if Eliza drops blood on hit, THAT might create a problem with the ESRB. Might be a reason why Lab Zero had to rethink the whole thing.

The idea is that Eliza has very low health (to the extent that she dies in one combo), but if she dies with 5 meters she transforms into Sekhmet, who is the best characters in the game.

If they wanted to make the blood mechanic better, they could just have specials that produce their own blood in addition to being hit so that its not so much of a disadvantage to use her gimmick.
THIS.

Why tack on the blood mechanics to just supers. That's so lame and boring bleaahhhh. I mean supers that take advantage of this is cool but so far nothing's really unique about Eliza...I want sekhmet personally....

yeah this too. I want sekhmet to be a full character but if we can't have that then getting it out of it I think is an idea or perhaps something else because a lot of people wouldn't last long if at all :/

Came back from church to find a miracle. Sekhmet is confirmed and my hype has increased 1000 fold.
...huh? Where

Eliza confirmed weaker than Demifiend.

:PUN:
Dude, I fought the demifiend in DDS and died so many times and still haven't beaten him. That guy just isn't fair. If I had known he would have become so powerful I wouldn't have gotten all those Candelabras in Nocturne.

...huh? Where
In the stream going on right now. They're animating Sekhmet

RSFbRSF.png

SEKMETH - Try it at least once. It's awesome.
To those interested and proficient in the art of gif-making, hit the 3 hour mark for crawling Sek animation. And at 03:43 to watch it being played in reverse (fair chance it will be her backward walk cycle).

EDIT: I knew there was something about that first doodle that was ringing a bell. (Roles seem switched though.)

Last edited:
Wait a minute, ok Sekhmet is in but we can't be worried about the budget, because the real deal is:

NOW WE HAVE TWO CHARACTERS TO WAIT INSTEAD OF ONE.

Guys. Don't worry about the budget. Let them worry about it.
Pretty much this. Behind schedule =\= over budget. Contractors iirc are payed by-the-frame. For all we know, Bigband could have been under budget compared to other characters which would lave more funds for eliza. Add that to whatever they get from eightysixed, the occasional free work (fukua shadows, linux port), any bones their publishers(or any other 3rd party) may have dropped, and the fact that we have no idea how many frames Eliza will be (yay smearing!) or how much will be spent on Beowulf or Robo-Fortune, there just isnt much to go on for us to objectively state what they can or cannot do.

L0 has proven time and time again that they know what they're doing. We should sit back and enjoy the show.....and occasionally make sexy faces while cheering them on.
[makes sexy face]
[cheers]

Pretty much this. Behind schedule =\= over budget. Contractors iirc are payed by-the-frame. For all we know, Bigband could have been under budget compared to other characters which would lave more funds for eliza. Add that to whatever they get from eightysixed, the occasional free work (fukua shadows, linux port), any bones their publishers(or any other 3rd party) may have dropped, and the fact that we have no idea how many frames Eliza will be (yay smearing!) or how much will be spent on Beowulf or Robo-Fortune, there just isnt much to go on for us to objectively state what they can or cannot do.

L0 has proven time and time again that they know what they're doing. We should sit back and enjoy the show.....and occasionally make sexy faces while cheering them on.
[makes sexy face]
[cheers]

We'll find out plenty more tomorrow when Salty starts up, and hopefully we'll not only learn who the VA is for Eliza but might get to see and hear her live on top of seeing more new stuff for Eliza and possibly even the announcement of her addition to beta, or at least a projected date for when she will be added to beta if it isn't tomorrow night. :D

We'll find out plenty more tomorrow when Salty starts up, and hopefully we'll not only learn who the VA is for Eliza but might get to see and hear her live on top of seeing more new stuff for Eliza and possibly even the announcement of her addition to beta, or at least a projected date for when she will be added to beta if it isn't tomorrow night. :D
Fuck me, I hate timezones, when does salty start on your guy's end?

Well I was just using the listed time, you could do the conversions yourself but I went ahead. 8:00 PM on PDT time should be 3:00 AM UTC, I think.

The poster should always be the one doing the conversions, if not then why would I even care to write in english here? You could just google translate it to get a sense of what I said.

Download Fox Clocks and stick a PDT clock on your browser. Everything Skullgirls/Lab Zero related it always given in PDT.

But yeah, I'm pretty hype for Sekh getting a walk cycle. I never really doubted that she was getting a playable Sekh form despite the lack of showing anything Sekh related for so long, but it's nice to finally see some new stuff. It's also a neat budget saving trick how her walk is the same back and forward.

Download Fox Clocks and stick a PDT clock on your browser. Everything Skullgirls/Lab Zero related it always given in PDT.

But yeah, I'm pretty hype for Sekh getting a walk cycle. I never really doubted that she was getting a playable Sekh form despite the lack of showing anything Sekh related for so long, but it's nice to finally see some new stuff. It's also a neat budget saving trick how her walk is the same back and forward.

Yush, the walk cycle also looks awesome, I mean it looks like Sekhmet could walk under just about any standing or high-hitting normal attacks which is pretty crazy. :O

h wow, that's neato.
Salty's on Thursday PDT right? I haven't been to Salty in FOREVER.

The poster should always be the one doing the conversions, if not then why would I even care to write in english here? You could just google translate it to get a sense of what I said.

Considering Salty is an event a number of people travel to, using PDT might be more apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back