• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the semantics really that important. Stages coming with DLC character being shorthanded handed as X's stage/s is not that important of a note.

Are the semantics really that important. Stages coming with DLC character being shorthanded handed as X's stage/s is not that important of a note.
Particularly when one of the stages coming with Eliza is in her friggin house.

Yeah, didn't Alex say no one 'has' a stage?
Maybe, but our diva won't have none of that pleb crap.
Eliza be all like "We'll see about that.", snaps fingers and cue the building montage set to LOADSAMONEY (DOIN' UP THE HOUSE). :3

I shouldn't have missed that since I'm weary of inanimate objects that inexplicably have...eyes. *disapproiving squint at mic stand/staff*
326.jpg

It's not a bad thing. Heck! I personally prefer fighting games where each character has his/her own stage but it just seems that the IGG characters appear to have a stage and theme more evidently linked to them when compared to a good amount of the vanilla cast.
Likewise, Squigly's and Big Band's stories are more elaborate in terms of dialogue-driven battles and art assets than those of the vanilla cast. I'd wager the next three will meet that same standard.
For me, that just means they're putting a lot of care into these characters and that's never a bad thing.

Character-connected or not, it's certainly intriguing that we're getting another entirely new stage and one not even for the purpose of housing backer NPCs.

If the trend continues then it seems more than likely that Beowulf will come with a wrestling ring stage.

Personally I'm hoping for a look into the Graveyard or Central Park.

If the trend continues then it seems more than likely that Beowulf will come with a wrestling ring stage.

Personally I'm hoping for a look into the Graveyard or Central Park.
Hopefully one day there will be a circus themed stage so we can brawl under the big top. And it might be a relevant location or something I guess, but just imagine all the peanut shells on the floor.

I'd say it's worth a note. Lab Zero stated stages coming with DLC chars aren't necessarily their stages as much as a it all being a good opportunity to add a stage they wanted to include anyway.

Sure, if it's one stage per DLC char like with Big Band, it receives the unofficial patch of being Big Band's stage. However, since Eliza's coming with two, I reckon one will be her stage (Egyptian bathhouse) while one might be something not Eliza-related, adding to the variety of stages and locations instead. For example, dunno, maybe, hm, traaaain staaaage.

Or the Circus. That would be a really fun stage. They could even reuse the story circus theme for it and I wouldn't complain.

So I guess the team is waiting for a Super to be done to include her in the beta? I think she has more moves done than Big Band when he was added.

So I guess the team is waiting for a Super to be done to include her in the beta? I think she has more moves done than Big Band when he was added.
I think programming takes a quite of fair bit of time tbh, a lot of moves we saw on the steam whiffed because they had no data.

Last I've seen she has no collision/hit boxes. Maybe they're getting that sorted before Beta. Although BB's hit boxes weren't nearly complete when he entered Beta.

I remember Mike saying that they had to put things on hold while they dealt with the Valentine color palette situation and got the Fukua build squared away.

*Eliza supers*

Eliza: Sekhmet is unforgiving!
Sekhmet: YES, I AM!

Reactions: EA575
I don't know if you guys have seen this small bit of another of her moves, in progress by persona

http://emlan.tumblr.com/post/84310096772/another-one-of-mine-watch-the-full-animation-over

It looks like it could be possibly be a low unblockable command grab. Probably easy to jump over though. Might slam opponent into ground, or simply hold opponent allowing Eliza a free combo.

If anyone can link the animation I'd appreciate it (I know it is somewhere in the 90 minute stream, but if someone can say where I'd be grateful).

It looks like it could be possibly be a low unblockable command grab. Probably easy to jump over though. Might slam opponent into ground, or simply hold opponent allowing Eliza a free combo.

If anyone can link the animation I'd appreciate it (I know it is somewhere in the 90 minute stream, but if someone can say where I'd be grateful).

There is an animated version of it around and it was shown off a lot during that stream. But I can't seem to find any of the animated gifs of it at the moment, still looking through stuff though.

If anyone can link the animation I'd appreciate it
That animation is not in the archive because we do not have a .gif version of it. My humble endeavors are just compiling these things.

However, we have it on .mp4 format.
Courtesy of Cawtime.

Reactions: blufang
@Mike_Z Any chance for Eliza to be a charge character :). *insert evil laugh*

Don't be greedy, woof.

And don't make Mike enter this hellhole beautiful place.

Can't say it'd bother me if she was a charge character, since I already main Parasoul.
High five brother!!!

Another defender of the Canopy Kingdom reporting.

Surprised to see so many wanting to rep Team Bloody Tears.:PUN:

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Another defender of the Canopy Kingdom reporting.

Surprised to see so many wanting to rep Team Bloody Tears.:PUN:

Well it just kinda worked out that way for me in this case. I just enjoyed how balanced and fun to play Parasoul can be and once you get used to charging properly it's like riding a bike and it just becomes second nature. For a long time I couldn't play characters like Guile and Claw just because they were charge characters but once you learn the tricks to using charge characters fluidly it opens up a whole new world of opportunities. If Eliza happens to be part of that world I'm more than happy to stay with it. :D

Eliza as a charge character?! Booooooooooo

Eliza as a charge character?! Booooooooooo

There's no official confirmation that she is or anything, it was just speculation about the possibility of her being one. So no need to worry yet about it.

Yeah from what i can guess on her servant summons, it would be really awkward if those were charges

As a down charge it would work, but I hate charges anyway (EXCEPT BRASS KNUX) so it doesn't matter.

no it wouldn't, i dunno because 2(charge)8 motions usually are like anti-airs

Maybe Servant call could be DPB?

reverse dragon punch?? Naw, i have a feeling it will something like a qcb or hcf

Why can't it be a half-circle input? Haven't seen any of those in this game yet.

You have me curious, what kind of input is a pretzel?
Geese Howard's Raging Storm, if I'm not mistaken. I recall struggling a LOT to pull off that move in Capcom vs SNK.
It's Down-Back, Half-Circle Back, Down-Forward + Punch.

I wouldn't mind other SNK inputs like the QCB>HCF or QCF>HCB though. Those were relatively easy to pull off.

But if we wanna talk crazy ass inputs, IMHO Arcana Heart takes the cake. At least from the games I played.

No, wait! Anyone remember SUMMON SUFFERING? People wrote FAQs for that move alone. d/f, u/b, f, d, d/f, d/b, A+B sounds a little crazy, after all.

You have me curious, what kind of input is a pretzel?
In numpad terms, 1632143.

And Mike said he purposely doesn't have any HCB inputs. All inputs are and forever will be quarter-circles, DPs, Charges, or full circles.

Reactions: blufang
Geese Howard's Raging Storm, if I'm not mistaken. I recall struggling a LOT to pull off that move in Capcom vs SNK.
It's Down-Back, Half-Circle Back, Down-Forward + Punch.

I wouldn't mind other SNK inputs like the QCB>HCF or QCF>HCB though. Those were relatively easy to pull off.

But if we wanna talk crazy ass inputs, IMHO Arcana Heart takes the cake. At least from the games I played.

No, wait! Anyone remember SUMMON SUFFERING? People wrote FAQs for that move alone. d/f, u/b, f, d, d/f, d/b, A+B sounds a little crazy, after all.

Gotcha, and yeah I like those QCB>HCF inputs myself because it's an easy rocking motion and is pretty easy to pull off in a pinch. I love using Milia Rage's Winger overdrive on wakeup to mess with people that are too close.

In numpad terms, 1632143.

And Mike said he purposely doesn't have any HCB inputs. All inputs are and forever will be quarter-circles, DPs, Charges, or full circles.
That's a shame, I can't really get behind full circles because they feel really unintuitive for a game where tapping up can sometimes lead to jumping. Double halfcircles and Halfcircle > direction inputs are my bread and butter but that's from years of Guilty Gear.

Except 360 detection is a thing and you won't jump. Mike thought of that when he put in full circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.