• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just leaving this here, hopefully this helps.

nDleQFE.gif

Eliza's moves look crazy cool. I can't wait! :D

Is there any estimate on when we will get a playable version of Eliza?

I was going to make a Sekhmet joke about @Detective Q 's post because he said "bites the dust". <:3
There was a post there...but it's gone now.
1a6.gif

Anyway, about Eliza's release in the beta we can only speculate but hers is indeed a particular case. Even if Eliza herself has a lot of moves planned out, let's not forget Sekhmet, whom we haven't seen anything besides stance and crouch (not saying they haven't done anything of her). It raises the question - is Eliza going to be released in the beta "by herself" so they can get a head start at testing her moves or are they waiting until Sekhmet has enough moves of her own so both can be tested?
A innocuous observation but I'd estimate that at the rate they're going, June-July seems probable.

Reactions: Cellsai
You know, I did it on purpose, I’m a JoJo-fan too ;)

But good to know someone noticed it :D

Interesting observation, I keep forgetting about Sekh being a separate entity gameplay wise. The progress has been pretty nice, but I don't think they'll have her separate from Sekh in beta. I'm thinking that there's some shared animations (like what we've been seen so far) but there may be some vital stuff being implemented that can't be shown with out one another being partially done. I dunno heh.

Several posts have been deleted from this thread due to excessive derailment. I'm all for joking around and I don't expect topics to stay totally on track all the time, but seriously, Annie derailing hasn't been funny in a long time.

Also, that is an interesting idea with Sek not being playable in the beta. However, I would also think it's kind of suspicious how there has been so few streams recently after having such a heavy dose of Eliza. Methinks they've shifted work to Sek and are keeping her a secret until the nature of her play style is actually revealed.

I hope that's the case, I can't wait to see Eliza in action.

In other news, I forgot to bring this up, what's with her c.hp? It looks like such an awkward launcher.

I hope that's the case, I can't wait to see Eliza in action.

In other news, I forgot to bring this up, what's with her c.hp? It looks like such an awkward launcher.

I think it's more of a trip then a launcher

I think I'll be doing this from here on out: if I'm addressing a mode/stance, the name will be bolded.

I'm thinking that there's some shared animations (like what we've been seen so far) but there may be some vital stuff being implemented that can't be shown with out one another being partially done. I dunno heh.
Anything that shows the two "together" is likely Eliza. Sekhmet will likely be "by herself", while Eliza's liquid body is "anchored" in the staff. Question is: can it take damage like Fortune's detached head?

Also, that is an interesting idea with Sek not being playable in the beta. However, I would also think it's kind of suspicious how there has been so few streams recently after having such a heavy dose of Eliza. Methinks they've shifted work to Sek and are keeping her a secret until the nature of her play style is actually revealed.
Given Mariel's comment that they're "worth 2 characters", I don't see why not put Eliza in the beta and kill two stones with one bird: people have a new character to try and Lab Zero get the test-ball rolling.
As I conceded, we don't know if there's anything done on Sekhmet or not. Again, I'll echo Ravidrath's words: Eliza will have the spotlight all to herself after Big Band is officially released. I think it's fair to assume that special moves, Blockbusters and Sekhmet are being saved for that...or maybe even keep some surprises for the official release but I think this is unlikely. Mr Betaland did have Lv3 and all that jazz.
That's right, fellow followers of Oujo-sama! What we have seen so far is but the tip of the iceberg pyramid.:PUN:

what's with her c.hp?
Another reference to Maat.
tumblr_lyolj0FyVl1qzzvw9o1_1280.jpg

Given Mariel's comment that they're "worth 2 characters", I don't see why not put Eliza in the beta and kill two stones with one bird: people have a new character to try and Lab Zero get the test-ball rolling.
The main crux here is that regardless of what Mariel's comment means, we don't actually know how Eliza/Sek will function as a character. Their interactions may make it impossible to just release Eliza as a character by herself and swapping between them might be key to how she works.

And besides, it's not often LZ actually has anything big and exciting to reveal because of the way they're so transparent about everything. I'm actually totally fine with them keeping a lid on Eliza until she's in more of a complete state (especially before she's put in the Beta) so she'll actually be newsworthy on other sites.

Reactions: Balder
I know, I meant move property wise.
Pardon my erroneous assumption. m(_ _)m

Looking back through the archive and the thread, can't find a definitive claim of its properties.
I'd say it's either a launcher that likely requires both hits to connect in order to place the opponent in a juggled state or a "get off me" attack. It also looks like it can work as a unorthodox anti-air.
tumblr_n0wushd66X1rqetdco2_400.gif

The main crux here is that regardless of what Mariel's comment means, we don't actually know how Eliza/Sek will function as a character. Their interactions may make it impossible to just release Eliza as a character by herself and swapping between them might be key to how she works.
Indeed.
I'm hoping Eliza works as a full dual stance character. Sekhmet seems too intricate to just make a Blockbuster appearance.
And now that you bring up their interactions and the chance of one not functioning without the other, it does make me wonder about Sekhmet having a "time limit" tied to the blood mechanic. This would make the character very resource management heavy - expend the blood to power up Eliza's special moves and Blockbusters OR swap to Sekhmet?

I do understand the idea of keeping the character under mummy wraps. As much as I love the step-by-step reveals that come with streams they only serve us who are already in-the-loop. Having something that's a big surprise to both fans and the general public certainly serves its purposes. (Especially since I haven't seen anything SG related on EH and whatnot since Encore's release.)

Reactions: Soitenly
Man.... Im so ready for eliza.... So ready. I want to start speculating on her moveset and how she will play. I dont care how hard or easy she is to play... I just want her done already... Gah.

I dunno, I think she looks kinda stiff.

OMG I really want her now because she rocks that Nocchi/Amelie cut

DzJddZJ.jpg

6zejBWb.jpg

Slightly off topic, but that Amelie movie was overrated. Good movie, but not as good enough to warrant the multiple posters I saw in college.

Slightly off topic, but that Amelie movie was overrated. Good movie, but not as good enough to warrant the multiple posters I saw in college.
...get out. The movie as a whole was brilliant. It's like tale sof Symphonia in that while certain aspects when looked at individually may seem average or good, then entire piece is great because of how it's put together.

ON TOPIC: Ojou-sama would make a great Amelie >_>

I dislike the concept of calling something overrated unless it's really overrated, things like SAO or something where people try to make it out to be more than it is. Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain (I love saying the name) is as good as it's praise, the thing about it getting a ton of attention was that it was french, something we(americans) weren't used to, especially in theater releases. It's a loving, quaint, quirky look into life and love, and does it so good.

Now I want a French Eliza voice DLC.

Reactions: Covenant
I don't know many french voice actress but how about Geneviève Doang or Claire Buyot?

I just enjoyed the movie. It made me laugh =). And I LOVE girls with short cuts like Amelie and Nocchi as I mentioned.

Let me think about it...

3HVWYW64M4OFGSVOOEOIKH4MUTKKAV5C.gif

*fixes self* ...I concur.

I don't know many french voice actress but how about Geneviève Doang or Claire Buyot?
The point of voice packs is them being done by the character's original VA or rather the additional costs being slim to none. Like all other voice packs, this hypothetical thing would be a extra done out of kindness from Lab Zero so we can't expect them to book another VA for that end.

This reminds me of my wish for a bi-lingual Pungeon Master Spanish speaking Ms Fortune. Qué pawsa, esé?:PUN:

I dislike the concept of calling something overrated unless it's really overrated, things like SAO or something where people try to make it out to be more than it is. Le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain (I love saying the name) is as good as it's praise, the thing about it getting a ton of attention was that it was french, something we(americans) weren't used to, especially in theater releases. It's a loving, quaint, quirky look into life and love, and does it so good.

Kayane for Akai no Ojou-sama

@Balder , there's a stream for that animation occuring now. Don't let Ojou-sama down!

Reactions: Balder
Oujo-sama.
Ojou-sama is something else entirely. :(

I know the stream was on-going, hence having snagged those. Alas, I don't think I'm welcome in those places. There's only so much Pokémon talk I can stomach before fleeing. Might as well pelt me with rocks.
And Mariel puts freakin' Kanye West playing when she streams. That crap wards me off like...well, pick your folklore and things that ward off spirits and whatnot with 100% efficiency.
Truly, I am woe's shadow.

Anyway, ran through the archive and snagged a few more.
kqYjSOQ.png
wpI4695.png
dQA5hGQ.png

Reactions: tristePinguino
i like Kanye's more R&B styled stuff

also i don't get how Liz is keeping herself together with Sekh out of her like that
maybe pure spite
Liz seems like a gal who would ruin your day just because she's feeling spiteful
"fuck this person in particular for no particular reason"

i unno
personally i think it would be funnier if she just kinda melted without sekhmet in her
plus it makes for good inbetween frames
like smug melting

wouldn't Liz melting smugly be cool

she can control blood right? I imagine after getting use to her powers she's found loop holes in her power. She's most likely she's held together because she gathers a large amount of blood in that area of her body. Much like the bodily organ never expressed round sisters

she can control blood right? I imagine after getting use to her powers she's found loop holes in her power. She's most likely she's held together because she gathers a large amount of blood in that area of her body. Much like the bodily organ never expressed round sisters
Or y'know, magic.

This stuff doesn't have to make complete sense, dudes! It'd be a far more boring game if it did.

i just want smug melts now
now Liz will just be a disappointment because she doesn't do that

she could do both

You could turn off the sound.
Tis what I do when the situation demands.
Truthfully, I'm simply not much of a streams person. I never can keep up with everything that's going on and, strange as it may sound, it makes a bit more self-aware of my "disconnectivity " within the fandom (as a EU online warrior that hasn't touched the game in ages). (.__.)

Or y'know, magic.
Egyptian magic, if Persona is to be trusted. I don't think he is.
I had a half-baked theory of Eliza being a lich and Sekhmet's true purpose is to prevent her from decaying but the liquid body seems to null that possibility.

i just want smug melts now
Melts are only good if glorious Dai Goten Maou palette is added.
SB4_BASARA_SS_-_Oichi.png

Incidentally, in this very last stream Persona expressed his personal distaste to the excessive amount of reference alternate palettes and had he the time, most if not all would be original. Can't say I wholly disagree....as long as there's room for Oichi, Tsuzurao, Mariah, Mathilda and Ragyo. :3

Incidentally, in this very last stream Persona expressed his personal distaste to the excessive amount of reference alternate palettes and had he the time, most if not all would be original. Can't say I wholly disagree....as long as there's room for Oichi, Tsuzurao, Mariah, Mathilda and Ragyo. :3

I fully agree. I have an Eliza palette coming to me and I have always decided I wanted to make an original color I think looks cool rather than a reference.

I have to agree with Persona. Every palette doesn't have to be a reference to anything

Reactions: Error Macro
I have to agree with Persona. Every palette doesn't have to be a reference to anything
But...but...MUH REFERENCEGURLS! D:

This one is a little complicated for me to have a definitive opinion on. Here's the thing: if the game simply must be shock full of references, I prefer when they stay within the alternate palettes as that feels like the least "intrusive" of choices.
As I said in other pastures and I think I'm amongst the vast minority in this matter, I believe Skullgirls' excessive amount of memetic humor and references are detrimental. I'm not opposed to the concept but in some instances it feels forced in the sense if offers nothing but reference for reference's sake that doesn't seem to suit the character nor the game world (I think Big Band's "My planet needs me." is a good example. I'm sure we all thought of that when seeing his winpose but it doesn't seem to fit the character at all.).
I can't say I'm a saint in that regard as I have made plenty of referential suggestions but they are, in my humble perspective, suitable for the character in a manner I feel won't make them act out of character and are not throw in for the sole purpose of memetic humor. Of course, all these things are highly subjective.
It doesn't detract my appreciation of the game or its characters but I do feel it's a aspect that chips away a bit of "professionalism" in its presentation, if that makes any sense. But this long winded ramble is of the game in general...

Concerning palettes, I only have one criteria to determine if I like it or not: does it look good? Doesn't matter if it's original or reference. I won't like a palette that stings the eyes or is completely unsuitable for the character just because "ohmigosh reference!"
In this matter it all boils down to case by case, IMHO. I love Parasoul's Megurine Luka and Kneesocks palettes simply because she looks amazing with those colors. Meanwhile, my favorite Bella palette is a original based off her bunny girl costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.