• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna have to be more specific there.
that gif where they push (and explode minettes brain somehow?) minette aside and move eliza while guarding her

Her tag-in should be Albus and Horace rushing in to shoulder check the opponent while Eliza slowly saunters onto the screen.
Or hold the opponent down so she gets a free hit. This is starting to enter KoF 2001 Zero realms. 0_0

And jam is talking about this:
eliza.gif

(It's on the same page as a archive entry so I know how to get there quickly. :3 )

that gif where they push (and explode minettes brain somehow?) minette aside and move eliza while guarding her
And jam is talking about this:
eliza.gif

(It's on the same page as a archive entry so I know how to get there quickly. :3 )

Jeeze the Waifu wars were fierce. I remember this other gif with Minette and Venus and...I'll leave the details out. It ends with Minnette eaten alive.

Reactions: Guymelef
What I assume is a hit animation looks legit!

Looks like an animation for being staggered from things like a Silver Chord or a non chained st.mp from Cerebella

Either that or a "strong" hitstun from being hit with heavy attacks.

Clawsome Bombs said:
Looks like an animation for being staggered from things like a Silver Chord or a non chained st.mp from Cerebella

Either that or a "strong" hitstun from being hit with heavy attacks.

It's the final frame of her Backdash animation; Sekhmet steps back first, then the blood coating that is Eliza stretches back and follows to Sekmet's position, thats the final splash as it impacts the skeleton and wraps around.

It's the final frame of her Backdash animation; Sekhmet steps back first, then the blood coating that is Eliza stretches back and follows to Sekmet's position, thats the final splash as it impacts the skeleton and wraps around.

Ah gotcha.
Eliza/Sekhmet just look like they're reeling right there.

With how fluid Eliza is, I'm surprised how long she's been able to hide her true nature from the public. All it takes is her being accidentally touched by anyone or anything (tripping, an overenthusiastic fan, hail) and she'd go all splorsh for a sec.

I also half expect her story will start with Eliza going "enough is enough" and deciding keeping her cover is no longer worth being on a Medici leash, hence not caring about using her powers in public.

Last edited:
With how fluid Eliza is, I'm surprised how long she's been able to hide her true nature from the public. All it takes is her being accidentally being touch by anyone or anything (tripping, an overenthusiastic fan, hail) and she'd go all splorsh for a sec.

I also half expect her story will start with Eliza going "enough is enough" and deciding keeping her cover is no longer worth being on a Medici leash, hence caring about using her powers in public.
I never knew I wanted this until now.
I also want this with a disney-esce villian song. Alas budget though...

I've decided that I like Eliza again. When's the next animation stream?

Beowulf is still better though.

I see that a lot of people are making Jojo's comparisons, and I can see why. Are the similarities intentional or is the fandom just making it up?

You know what's killing me? Eliza has completed character select art and I want to see it! All we have is the icon version so far:

CHqZr2A.png

Don't withhold your treasures Mr. Ahad!

Reactions: thepaintrain8465
With how fluid Eliza is, I'm surprised how long she's been able to hide her true nature from the public. All it takes is her being accidentally touched by anyone or anything (tripping, an overenthusiastic fan, hail) and she'd go all splorsh for a sec.

I also half expect her story will start with Eliza going "enough is enough" and deciding keeping her cover is no longer worth being on a Medici leash, hence not caring about using her powers in public.
She must be able to maintain her form as she still interacts with objects, chiefly the staff she carries around.
As for blowing her cover? Well, the parasite's function is the maintenance of her outward appearance so it's not like she's eager to shed it...unless there are remnants of Sekhmet's own psyche who wish to do just that.
I think we'd have to know more of her age old ambitions to figure what her game plan will be. Attain a position of power where being outcast for being a parasite host will no longer happen seems plausible.
Slightly related, and something I mused before, will she use the Skullheart? That thing seems horribly counterproductive in terms of letting a lady keep her figure. With a parasite that already does what is needed, there doesn't seem to be a point in using that thing... unless storming Trinityville is the next move.

You know what's killing me? Eliza has completed character select art and I want to see it! All we have is the icon version so far:
Isn't that where Fukua's invisible slot currently is?

It's great Oujo-sama is having more and ever welcome art assets and was about to question why Big Band doesn't but he and Squigs bypassed the whole voting business. Perhaps the DLC winners will get all new splash art instead of re-using the DLC announcement art.
In any case, it's certainly already well too elaborate for a placeholder; if they wanted that, they could simply use the announcement illustration (It also looks mildly similar to the illustration Mariel posted recently).

Indeed this wait is quite vexing but let us permit Mr Birdland to enjoy his rightful time in the limelight.

Muro said:

I'm pretty sure she doesn't slosh around like that unless she's moving really fast, i guess no-one expects you to be running around in heels anyway. As she has a certain degree of celebrity i'm thinking the general public aren't allowed close enough to her to uncover her secret and a reclusive nature can add a certain mystique to a person in her position. I'd also assume she wishes to keep her "cover" going for as long as possible as her Charity work is a free meal of blood donations. As Sekhmet is the Ancient Egyptian Cat-Goddess of Destruction (actually true, i saw a Statuette of her in Manchester Museum last week, next time i go i will take a pic of her and post it on this thread) i dont think there's much chance of her accidentally tripping, cat's have good reflexes (and if you're Sekhmet apparently you have cute bone-ears on the top of your skull too).

Last edited:
Yeah, I just imagine Eliza's body probably has the consistency of flesh once she's in her "normal" state, and she can just make it more liquid when she needs to. People probably wouldn't notice anything until they tried to cut her. That's what makes sense to me anyway.

However, I do wonder how Eliza manages to mask the smell of so much blood. Either she puts on perfume and goes for long durations without transforming, or her body just has a naturally pleasant scent. Maybe Eliza's blood smells like roses?

^Perhaps all the iron from the blood is absorbed by Sekhmet when feeding thus neutralising the odour?

Or more likely its just another part of the illusion that makes her appear as flesh and clothes etc, she probably smells as sweet as she looks

Sekhmet is the Ancient Egyptian Cat-Goddess of Destruction
Lioness, to be precise.

This got me inspired so here's a compilation of deities and motifs that appear in Eliza's moveset (feel free to add or correct):
Sekhmet - Goddess of fire, war, vengeance, healing and medicine (and apparently multi-tasking...), Sekhmet's name comes from the Ancient Egyptian word "sekhem" which means "power". Sekhmet's name suits her function and means the (one who is) powerful. The burst animation is a reference to Sekhmet's aegis, a golden cultic object that serves to highlight her solar attributes.

Nekhbet - predynastic local vulture goddess who was the patron of the city of Nekheb, her name meaning of Nekheb. Referenced in air throw.

Ma'at - goddess of truth and justice. Eliza's ostrich feather headpiece is a reference to her (and the tiaras that were so popular in 1920's fashion). The common depiction of Ma'at kneeling with her wings spread is referenced in c.HP.

Apep - personification of all that was evil and commonly seen as a giant serpent. Referenced in s.MK alongside Ra (or Bastet).

Sistrum - a sacred musical instrument of the percussion family, it likely originated in the cult of Bastet. Appears in c.LP.

Solar barge - a ritual vessel to carry the resurrected king with the sun god Ra across the heavens. Referenced in c.HK.

And, of course, Albus and Horace, reference Anubis and Horus, respectively.

Last edited:
Here's what I think, y'all mothafuckas should just stop overanalyzing shit. Eliza is a shapeshifting mass of blood, stop worrying about the finer details of such a state of existence. I bet you that Alex Ahad doesn't.

Meh, it's fun to think of all the details. I do that frequently with comics and it's jus another thing to talk about.

Regarding Eliza's consistency, I imagine she has two "modes":
-Battle mode: less focused on maintaining the illusion perfectly, utilizes extra mobility, strength and speed at the cost of consistent form.

-Passive mode: Not in any danger or has the need to fight, thus she focuses more on keeping her body perfectly passable at the cost of instant battle awareness. Depends on Albus and Horace for first-contact protection.

Here's what I think, y'all mothafuckas should just stop overanalyzing shit. Eliza is a shapeshifting mass of blood, stop worrying about the finer details of such a state of existence. I bet you that Alex Ahad doesn't.
How wrong you are. Like you couldn't be more wrong in this case about Alex. If you're talking about references to mythology anyway.

Reactions: blufang
How wrong you are. Like you couldn't be more wrong in this case about Alex.
You actually know the guy so I guess I am wrong. I think you're cool Maji so don't rub it in, that's a fast track to getting on my bad side.

Back on topic, what's the ETA of Eliza's release? I'm a bit out of the loop.

Last edited:
You actually know the guy so I guess I am wrong. I think you're cool Maji so don't rub it in, that's a fast track to getting on my bad side.

Back on topic, what's the ETA on Eliza's release? I'm a bit out of the loop.
well, Mike Z previously said that he really will only put her in the Beta after this BB patch Fiasco is over with, because prioities, personally i would say 1 month until public playtesting

Back on topic, what's the ETA of Eliza's release? I'm a bit out of the loop.
Alex just adores his myth stuff. Though as far as some of the other things discussed, like her smell, I'd have agreed with you. Rule of cool.

Reactions: Denizen
I just assume she sings jazz but what kinda of music does Eliza make?

She's a 1920's club singer so she does whatever that is.

In before Night Phyre and a long winded explanation of the finer details of musical genre.

We all love you man.

She's designed to be classy, so I imagine it would be your standard, "sexy lounge singer" fare. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Right lounge singer, I meant lounge singer.

I still like that idea of her scatting, though.

*scoobydoobywhapowscubitywubbityohahhhhhhhdonateyourblooooood*

well, Mike Z previously said that he really will only put her in the Beta after this BB patch Fiasco is over with, because prioities, personally i would say 1 month until public playtesting
Assuming that we get BB through within the month is there enough of Eliza to justify putting her in the beta yet? The art streams have been pretty non-existent the last couple of weeks but we know work is being done on her. How much of her is ready to at least be tested in the game, and how much of Sekhmet has been done as well?

Eliza Wins: "Ugh, bottom shelf."

Status
Not open for further replies.