• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that we get BB through within the month is there enough of Eliza to justify putting her in the beta yet? The art streams have been pretty non-existent the last couple of weeks but we know work is being done on her. How much of her is ready to at least be tested in the game, and how much of Sekhmet has been done as well?
Oh sorry, I meant 1 month after BB is released, a lot of Eliza needs to be cleaned up before she can be considered in to the beta

Oh sorry, I meant 1 month after BB is released, a lot of Eliza needs to be cleaned up before she can be considered in to the beta
Do you mean a good ammount of roughs and all of her programming at that point?
Because I remember bb and Squigly only haveing...2-3 cleaned up animations.

Reactions: Woofly
From the latest stream: servant_summon_medium
Is it fair to assume this is a special move and each button has a different effect? Light summons Albus, Medium summons Horace and Hard summons both?

EDIT: to avoid clogging the page with several screencaps and because I just got better quality ones from the archive stream...
zDk7Bgj.png

Latest stream screencaps added to our WIP archive entry. Link is in the first page, as always.

I guess lobbying for PC A&H is out of the question then....no wait! Freakin' Andy was votable. :3

Last edited:
Whoaaaaaaa these guys are cool in action. I'm guessing Horace is some kind of Anti-Air shoulder tackle (like SF4 Balrog's thing he does).

???
you mean the headbutting move? it hasn't been that long since I've played sf that I've forgotten moves of the characters...right

???
you mean the headbutting move? it hasn't been that long since I've played sf that I've forgotten moves of the characters...right

Yeah that one. Where he leaps up and goes "heheheh". Personally the move pisses me off internally. It's just...ugh. But Horace here does it with style.

Do you mean a good ammount of roughs and all of her programming at that point?
Because I remember bb and Squigly only haveing...2-3 cleaned up animations.
I really hope they don't put Eliza in for a few weeks. Give BB time to shine on retail before attention shifts to Eliza.

Wrong about body part AND direction...ah well still looks awesome.

qikbI2e.png

It looks like Eliza jumps, Horace catches her in mid-air and uses the momentum for a dive kick.
So it IS her jump forward!

No, it's one of her specials. "servant summon - medium"
whoops :(

Question is whether the move includes the Eliza Jumping part, or it's an Air-Only special.

Ie it could be a divekick (jump first, then do QCF MK, have horace jump in, alter your jump arc and kick downward)
Or a grounded overhead(?) like eg Ibuki Hien (be grounded, QCF K, Eliza jumps forward, then Horace jumps in and kicks diagonally down)

If it is like Ibuki's Hien, I hope it is fairly fast.

If Eliza's blood/sand mechanic is still there, what I want to happen is that she has a make-it-rain super that uses the blood/sand that's on the screen. That way, you'd have Eliza second, call her as an assist and as she gets hit the blood/sand will be on the ground. Then, with enough blood/sand, your opponent makes a shitty assist call, then you DHC into Eliza and their assist dies.

The game is lacking something that can make assists straight up die at neutral.

Reactions: JELIFISH19
Question is whether the move includes the Eliza Jumping part, or it's an Air-Only special.
The file name kinda gives the idea that each input will involve Albus or Horace being called for a different action so my guess is on it being like Hien. When servant_summon was first mentioned, it was over this frame:
EE2ZbpB.png

It seems like Eliza is ringing a little bell. I think it's a fair bet that all versions have this start up.

EDIT: getting lucky with the stream peeks. Here's Albus.
iyhOeR9.png

Just me or they both look stouter? Buffer and shorter? Albus' snout and ears seem leaner though, probably to match Anubis.

Last edited:
Her radiance is simply magnificent. Since she's an idol, and all, I sincerely hope they don't tone it down, at ALL. If anything, her standing idle, (after looping) she should flip her hair and have sparkles fly.

I really hope they don't put Eliza in for a few weeks. Give BB time to shine on retail before attention shifts to Eliza.
And besides, stealing Big Band's spotlight? That's Fukua's job. :PUN:

Cerebella probably needs to check that severe case of yaoi hand infection in her right arm.

Jesus christ, I didn't think Horace would be that fat, I thought he would wear a girdle
Yeah it looks like the weight of age is wearing on him. Don't get me wrong he's still a beast, but I thought he would look more like he does here.

I really don't like Albus's new look, he looks like a different person.

Technically he does look more like a Jackal, but it makes him look less like a big beefy bodyguard.

Cerebella probably needs to check that severe case of yaoi hand infection in her right arm.
yaoi hand infection?

I was curious how tall Horace and Albus are when compared to Big Band. So, I stole borrowed Cellsai's compilation from this post, sized Big Band up to scale and added the Eliza and bodyguards pic in scale for a rough comparison. They're not tiny, that's for sure.
H3zWTxa.png

Reactions: blufang
Remember that Big Band is always squatting gratuitously in combat, so I would say that they're as tall as he is.

yaoi hand infection?
It's a joke when someone's hand is very large proportion-wise to the rest of the body. In the picture it only looks like one of her hands are insanely big, so I made the joke like it was a disease that she contracted in her hand.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think Horace would be that fat, I thought he would wear a girdle
C'mon, the poor guy is sensitive about his weight. He must be all like "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned!", to which those with some knowledge of ornithology counter with "Birds got hollowed skeletons, fat ass!". Alas, poor Horace...
Alex did say he was out of shape but yeah, he put on a few extra pounds ever since his first appearance.

I was curious how tall Horace and Albus are when compared to Big Band. So, I stole borrowed Cellsai's compilation from this post, sized Big Band up to scale and added the Eliza and bodyguards pic in scale for a rough comparison. They're not tiny, that's for sure.
Eliza is probably the taller of the ladies (if we count Double as a nun) and even she looks short next to them. But I do think, if those illustrations are the final models, they both got shorter...
Albus said:
....and in Horace's case, wider. BOOM!
Horace said:
Motherfucker!
Albus said:
Come at me, bro.
Horace said:
RAAAUUUUUGHHHHHH!!!!
*they break several objects worth more than a year's paycheck in the scuffle*
Eliza said:
With help like this, who needs nerfing? :|

Anyway, going back to the subject of summon_servant, I wanted to add that the move concept and how it is implemented in the game can vary significantly. Previous examples would be emlan's proposal for c.LP that got in as j.LP and Maji's Nekhbet transformation that was used for the air throw. So in this particular case, while the concept art gives the idea that it's a air special move, that might not necessarily be the case.

I actually like Horace's new look, gotta represent the hefty dudes in badass-suit-fighters.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing if not just because it's high time portly gentlemen get a respectable representation, even if it's a bird man. Horace having a few extra pounds is just one aspect of the character while the average overweight character in a game is a one-dimensional buffoon that is never anything more than "the fat guy".
I just got a little pseudo-headcanon of the otherwise stoic Horace getting charisma-breaks from fat jokes. Albus' an asshole. :P

T-101 Sekhmet
Should it go with T-1000 Eliza? She also has some limited shape-shifting powers so it wouldn't be all that out of place...
Team her with silver Double to really mess with the opponent. :3

Balder said:

T-101 Sekhmet

Should it go with T-1000 Eliza? She also has some limited shape-shifting powers so it wouldn't all that out of place...
Team her with silver Double to really mess with the opponent. :3

+ Robo-Fortune

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing if not just because it's high time portly gentlemen get a respectable representation, even if it's a bird man. Horace having a few extra pounds is just one aspect of the character while the average overweight character in a game is a one-dimensional buffoon that is never anything more than "the fat guy".
I just got a little pseudo-headcanon of the otherwise stoic Horace getting charisma-breaks from fat jokes. Albus' an asshole. :P
Hah, no worries on that man, I liked their little exchange. I like Albus being the asshole friend who's got ol' Horace's back, but doesn't stop from ticking him off from time to time. Gotta get that weakspot hah.

Speaking of their exchange, I'm curious about how their voices should sound and whether or not they'll be holding auditions for them. (I wanna throw my hat into the ring if possible hah, and am hoping since they're not full fledged characters the L.A. stipulation won't be in effect.)

Part of me wants Horace to be British, but another part wants him to have a bit more of an exotic accent due to the fez.

Status
Not open for further replies.