• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Heroes of the Storm (Formerly Blizzard Dota)

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
So, sure you guys know about that Dota (Or MOBA, whatever you prefer, I like MOBA more) genre all the kids are raving about, right? The one that League of Legends really kickstarted into high gear? Well, Blizzard has been making their own entry into the genre for...quite a while now. At first, it was going to be a Starcraft 2 Add-On, called Blizzard Dota. But due to Valve, it was changed to Blizzard All-Stars. So that's all well and good, right? Well, turns out they restarted it to make sure it was juuuuust right, and changed it from Add-On to completely indepedant program/experience. And then we got no news for literally 8 months.
But, suddenly. A teaser appeared.
Along with a rename
It is now called "Heroes of the Storm". Which sounds pretty damn awesome.
What can we infer from this? ...Well, not much. There's three things in the logo (An Orc, a Star, and a Demon), so we can infer those mean Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo. It probably means that a lot of characters from all of Blizzards games will be in it...
But it could also refer to Three Team Battles. Which would be new and refreshing to the Genre.
You could also go back to old footage of the preliminary ideas at past Blizzcons, which had ideas like there being an extra "Siege" type of Hero, which excelled at pushing, and an interesting take on the Jungle Boss (Kill it, and it helps you push). But that could be all gone by now.

So really, not much we can talk about now, btu there will be more information at this years Blizzcon (November 8-9), so this thread will probably get more life then.

Until then, guess we can talk about how cool it could be, or which Blizzard characters we want in it.
Literally any character from Blizzard seems to be fair game since it's built on that concept.

We got Trailers, here!
Cinematic Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
And Developer Diary

What's everyone think? I'm SUPER Excited now. Definitely what I wanted, faster Dota with creative game maps and modes.

Can someone help me with the last week requirements? I only need to do two more matches and I'm done.

Can someone help me with the last week requirements? I only need to do two more matches and I'm done.
That depends.

When are you able to play?

I could aid you on Saturday.

That depends.

When are you able to play?

I could aid you on Saturday.

I'm free right now.

My username is WindRanger.

I need your number as well. Example WindRanger#0000

What time works for you on Saturday? I believe that I'm good all day long.

What time works for you on Saturday? I believe that I'm good all day long.

I'm free all day as well.

I'm free all day as well.
All right.

How about 10:30 in the morning?

I'll let you know if something comes up, naturally.

What time zone?

Don't we have another thread for this game?

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

Same. I'll get on when I can.

I just need 5 matches for the 10+ boxes, if anyone can help me out tomorrow that'd be Aces
Yo, Jutsei.

I'm gonna play right now, if you wanna add me.