• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hitboxes for the color blind?

Zidiane

Doing my best
Reaction score
Steam
Zidiane
PSN
zidiane5
XBL
Zidiane
Cerebella
I don't know much about color blindness, but there's a player I know who says he can't see Red and Green, and thus cannot really use the hitboxes to find out where which moves hit and what not. Is there any way to implement an option to alter the colors of the hitboxes (like one shading/coloring of hitboxes for those who can't see red and green, and different settings for those who can't see other colors)? I know Skullgirls has done a lot already to help color blind people (in ways I don't remember), but I think this would be another awesome thing they can do.

I've got red-green weakness colorblindness, and though seeing the actual hitboxes is no problem to me, determining what type they are can be pretty bad.
It's not a big problem to me since I don't go super technical on the hitboxes that often, but I'm sure someone else who's also colorblind and actually cares about the technicalities would have some trouble.
(also maybe it's just me but it's almost impossible for me to tell between red ground bounce and blue ground bounce, aside from maybe their size difference).

Oh, that's cool. He said he didn't look at the hitboxes cause he couldn't distunguish what was green and what was red, but I guess if you can see it just not the color it's good. But I think there are still a good number of moves that are vulnerable or not vulnerable in places that would be important to know.

Edit: Also, can you tell if/when a move is invincible? That seems like another important thing to know.

Moved to the Feature requests section.

Chalk me in as another slightly colorblind person that can have troubles distinguishing between hitbox colors as they are moving. Yeah im red green weird. It would be cool to be able to give the hitboxes different colors... Like be able to make any hitbox all black and have the rest not show up.. That way we could easily see what the box affects.

Actually that might be a really cool option... Have blackout for hitbox or hurtbox or throw box or collision box or invincible box... Or basically any SUPER LOUD COLOR. Then we could toss on the color and play the move back and see what it does as a hurtbox... Then we could look at the same move, but change the loud color to collision boxes...

Well it would be cool.