• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hot Sauce Thread

Indonesian families make their own hot sauce (read: sambal) and in a variety of flavors. Although I don't like spicy food in general I prefer anchovy sambal. If you mean liquid hot sauce I suppose I can tolerate Tabasco and it tastes really good.

Reactions: b0nk
Indonesian families make their own hot sauce (read: sambal) and in a variety of flavors. Although I don't like spicy food in general I prefer anchovy sambal. If you mean liquid hot sauce I suppose I can tolerate Tabasco and it tastes really good.

Nah Tabasco sucks.

But sambal sounds amazing, pass me some.

Has anybody tried hot sauce and Soy Sauce with Shrimp Fried Rice? It tastes good.

I have it taste gr8.

I was at the P E P P E R P A L A C E in Maryland today and saw some spicy soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. I almost bought some =o

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
y'know, I really like going to firehouse subs to try out the sauces.
problem is i usually hate the taste of those sauces because many of them seem to have a Tabasco aftertaste
and i hate Tabasco.

y'know, I really like going to firehouse subs to try out the sauces.
problem is i usually hate the taste of those sauces because many of them seem to have a Tabasco aftertaste
and i hate Tabasco.

Well I know they have some cayenne and dave's insanity there, so try those? (Ghost pepper has an after taste though, but cayenne is the go to pepper for hot sauces -_^b).

so long as it doesn't have that same fruity taste Tabasco has I'll probably like it.

so long as it doesn't have that same fruity taste Tabasco has I'll probably like it.

It's not fruity in the slightest (the ghost pepper). Just check the ingredients for lemon juice and you should be good.

oh shit im free now time to post

have you ever put hot sauce on a pizza?

Reactions: b0nk and Fosh
please respond

I have, sorry I was on a business trip for a week lol

Cholula is my go to for pizza.

was the sauce like a substitute for the normal tomato sauce? or did you just like put hot sauce on the already made pizza?

this is important

I put sauce on already made pizza.

On that note, you can mix hot sauce with ketchup and it's kinda da bess.

Reactions: SmashBlade
I forgot saying that I put hot-sauce and ketchup on a barbecue sandwich.

I forgot saying that I put hot-sauce and ketchup on a barbecue sandwich.

mix it all with mayo too

like fuk it go crazy

In other news, CaJohn's makes these awesome pepper purree's of every pepper:

50715-cajohns-6-pack-gourmet-select-puree-gift-set__21202.1411590880.1280.1280.jpg

Only six of them showed here but they make more -_^b

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Just tried "arson fire" hot sauce for the first time... Omg exquisite heat. I only touched the tip of my tongue to the hot sauce , but man, even an hour later now I can still feel it. The taste of the chili was pretty awesome. But really, what thus sauce will do Is allow me to add heat to a dish without killing the other tastes in the dish with vinegar or whatever they use to package the heat in normal sauces.
It's made from moruga scorpion chilis and Trinidad scorpion chilis (75%) the moruga was the hottest chili in the world as of 2012 with an average scoville of 1.2 million units and a high count of more than 2 million scovilles.

This chili sauce is mixed with the weaker Trinidad chili and is only 75% chilis, so it isn't as hot as the moruga. Any of you heat seekers out there might want to order and try some if you already haven't.

I tried some Semper Fi hot sauce.

nice level of spice with a great flavor.

i don't like hotsauce it's way to hot for me. I love going for something sweet like pasteries or cake~❤ My dad like to eat hot things. one time he ate this tiny little orage pepper and he had to drink a entire cartoon of milk to stop from bursting into fire! LoL

i put some hot sauce in ramen the other day. wasn't the worst

My mom usually puts hot sauce and a bit of vinegar (not sure which specific vinegar) in my Cup Noodles. Another thing that I like to eat.

Suggest to me your hottest sauce that is still tasty and not just in it for the hot

I mostly use Texas Pete and while it adds more flavor to it, it's not really all that spicy.

I've put hot sauce on my pizza so much I forgot what normal pizza tastes like.
Also has anyone tried putting wing sauce in ramen noodles, i know its not technically "hot" sauce, and it sounds kinda weird but its the best thing ever you just have to try it.

I gave this as a Christmas present for one of my brothers a few years back:
butt-pucker-xx-hot-sauce.jpg

Nowdays it's nothing to him. As for me, I can barely tolerate anything spicy at all. xP

I like using sriracha to draw a pentagram on my frozen pizza before baking. I call it a Sorcerer Supreme. :D I find it tastes better on a plain cheese, though...

Also, somebody mentioned Waffle House, and this reminds me of a delightfully terrible thing I do there: They have this in-house made salsa, "Casa de Waffle Sauce," see? Well, I figure, "It's the house sauce, and it's Waffle House. I should have it on my waffles. With syrup. And butter. Just 'cause." Surprisingly not bad, and always gets a rise out of whomever I'm eating with.

@b0nk

That mayo mixed with hot sauce suggestion sounds ridiculous man! Will have to try since I love mayo and hot sauce so much, but never thought to combine them! Will make my usual ham sandwiches a bit more tasty :)