• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Caleb

Savage Bypass
Reaction score
Steam
Von_Kalev
Cerebella Robo Fortune
hotline-miami-wrong-number-poster-three.png

A brutal conclusion to the gruesome saga, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number follows the escalating level of violence through multiple factions born from the events of the original game and driven by uncertain motivations. Step into the murderous mind of several distinct characters - each with their own motivations and methods of execution – as storylines intersect and reality slips away into a haze of neon and carnage. Blistering combat, an unmistakable visual style, and a powerfully intense soundtrack will once again push you to the limit and questioning your own thirst for blood.

-Twenty brutal chapters twisting through interconnected storylines of many different playable characters, each set against a variety of new locations and time periods.
-Delve into a world of violence with unique gameplay styles and savage new weapons through different playable characters throughout the game.
-Hundreds of new sprites and animations in the distinct visual style create lush new areas to clear floor-by-floor and a driving new soundtrack keeps your heart racing and begging for more.

More info: http://www.devolverdigital.com/games/view/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number

Teaser:

Music:

Release date: Q3 2014.

---

I LOVED Hotline Miami, and I still play it. The music, the story, the violence, the details... I wasn't expecting much and the game was an amazing surprise!
Wrong Number is good news. I can't wait to play it, for now it sounds very promising.

Anyone else is expecting this game?

Yesh

Could see that coming. The first one got really popular (which is totally deserved), and I guess the publisher pushed for a new one.

Hope they "fix" some AI, to make the game a little less unfair (though, it's really not much)

Also, looks like we have 4 main protagonists. Multiplayer...?

Reactions: Caleb
I think that multiplayer was discarded. This time seems like we will play through various characters/factions in the story, apparently including Jacket and The Pig Butcher. Everything sounds very promising!

And the release date is still is not announced or talked about, although the Steam Library Update Site where they leak most of the stuff that goes on for sale in there says that it will be out by the end of the year.

I can only hope...

And the release date is still is not announced or talked about

Argh crap... I saw this topic in the feed and somehow thought: "Wow you haven’t heard about Hotline Miami 2 in a while, maybe there’s big news about it now! Like release tomorrow or something!".

Goddammit.

I played trough the first one again a few months ago and I really want to play the sequel -.-

Argh crap... I saw this topic in the feed and somehow thought: "Wow you haven’t heard about Hotline Miami 2 in a while, maybe there’s big news about it now! Like release tomorrow or something!".

Goddammit.

I played trough the first one again a few months ago and I really want to play the sequel -.-

There is this huge leak though of the entire game (or part of it, I refuse to watch it) on Youtube, to the point that in Devolver Digital's Twitter they confirmed it was indeed real, so the game coming out soon is not out of the possible options.

I take my bet they will launch it during November (Black Friday sales) or December (Xmas Sales).

I'm so sad. I was expecting this for september, now we don't have a clue.

"Your patience is appreciated and will ultimately be rewarded with everything you hoped for and nothing like what you expected"

kermit-yay-flail-o.gif

Sin título.png

March

And it's not as good as the original! Which is depressing...

At least it's another soundtrack for my playlist.

I'd have to disagree but okay.

i knew he looked familiar

In all seriousness, though, the game was worth it. I can understand where the dissapointment comes from, though: having to rely more on guns than melee, the levels being too big and the bugs that carried over from the first (as in, the dog jumping between walls, you being able to go through walls during a finisher) not being fixed, but the feel of the same game is intact, and I still feel like a god when I finish a room.

10561708_10205638572819182_2731270110871387515_n.jpg

I have lost my mind... completing Hard Mode as we speak

Last edited:
The fact that the game has a hard mode that makes the first levels as hard as the the last few blew me away.

Reactions: RPG
Oh, this game is awesome! I'm so happy about it. The story was very dark and interesting, and I like how depressing it was at the end.

The music is outstanding. Perturbator rules.

tumblr_inline_nm7aftYaol1r08gtr_540.png

i have gone legit mad...
fucking
hard
mode...

FUCKING HARD MODE

I am looking forward for the Level Editor, they said that it will come out during this quarter, so GET HYPE.

I think I heard something somewhere about jacket and biker being in the editer.

As playable characters? Do they play any different if so?

As playable characters? Do they play any different if so?

I don't think so, I mean... Jacket will probably play like in Hotline Miami (the masks are returning?), and Biker has the cleaver and the throwing knives.

I'm hoping for playable Ninja Girl. She could be fast, and has the katana and the shurikens!

Isn't that just Biker?

nope, katana has bigger reach and she throws 3 surikens at a time, but slower

tumblr_nn2irwXqgo1r2kgzuo1_1280.jpg

I think I should stop...

Reactions: Caleb
Reactions: Jimbob and Caleb
Amazing news!

Is it PC only?

So far, no confirmation on how this will be implemented with the console/vita release, only the PC version is getting all the fuzz.

Just played the shit out of the first game, and holy shit am I hooked.
I won't rest until I A+ every level.
Only then will I think of buying this.
Also, level editor sounds good. Got a few ideas up my sleeve I want to try out for level designs.

It takes a special machine to get A+ on every level.

It can get annoying when you think you know how to A+ a level, and then you're a few points off.
Thank god for the internet.

I was really surprised when that one guy showed up as a secret.
You know the guy.

e2aea227ab.jpg

oh yes
i did it
i feel satisfied

Time for me to show off my sick skillz.

My Best Score:
isPylqo.jpg

Used to be in the top 200. ;_;

I got 100% on HM1, but I gave up on the second. Fuck A+ing every level.
acwgioS.jpg

What's your guy's best score?

UPDATE ON HOTLINE MIAMI 2.

What they added in the game files:
tumblr_nnkrv4WXef1tj1kpuo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnks6sTtp01thyvsyo1_1280.png

level editor hype 2: electric boogaloo

Okay, whos gonna remake hotline one in two with the new wepons and breakable objects?