• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How about a "handicap" feature?

DryRoastedLemon

I am the lemon.
Reaction score
Steam
joshiii_kun
Ms. Fortune Cerebella Filia
Hey guys.

This is my first post here, and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here. Excuse me if I am!

I'm a newcomer to Skullgirls, but I've been picking up the pace pretty quickly. I am by no means a pro (as was recently proven to me in a very one-sided fight - Ouch!), but I am good enough to beat my friends. At this point one of us is kind of "lagging behind", and I feel like that's kind of ruining the experience for him. Even with him using three characters I can beat him pretty easily. Of course the best solution to this is for him to get better at the game, but since he's pretty much only playing it online with us (that is, me and another friend of mine) that really doesn't give him a lot of opportunity to sharpen his skills.

So that made me think. What do you guys think of a handicap feature, where you can select by a percentage how much extra damage you will take? Has this been discussed before? I couldn't find anything about this via the search feature.

Of course, there is probably a really tiny chance this would ever be implemented, but I'm just interested in the views of my fellow Skullgirls players.

Mod Edit: Moved to SG Feature Request section.

I don't know if there already is a way. I think there might be, perosnally, I don't know it though.

If not, then yeah, this would be a rather good idea. I know that in other fighting games, when you select a character, you can select damage multiplyer/health amount.

Note: Wouldn't this fit better in the Skullheart Support & Feature Requests section? Nevermind!

I believe this is on the "add it at some point" list. Unfortunately there are still quite important things to add in Skullgirls first, but things like this are also implemented in the meantime.

Note: Wouldn't this fit better in the Skullheart Support & Feature Requests section?
Nope - Skullheart support is for this site. Skullgirls is managed by an entirely different group of people who actually know what they are doing.

Pretty sure that this is on the wishlist but not currently in the game.

Also, @DryRoastedLemonm keep in mind that if your opponent is using 3 characters that those characters will do less damage and have less HP, so it's not really a handicap.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Nope - Skullheart support is for this site. Skullgirls is managed by an entirely different group of people who actually know what they are doing.

Ah, my bad. Thanks for letting me know. ^^

I believe this is on the "add it at some point" list. Unfortunately there are still quite important things to add in Skullgirls first, but things like this are also implemented in the meantime.

That's good to know that it's already being considered! :)

Pretty sure that this is on the wishlist but not currently in the game.

Also, @DryRoastedLemonm keep in mind that if your opponent is using 3 characters that those characters will do less damage and have less HP, so it's not really a handicap.

EDIT: Ninja'd

True that. It's pretty much balanced out, but what you can do when you have multiple characters is allow for them to recover health when they're not currently fighting.

Well then, I suppose my question has been answered!