• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

How do I Skullgirls

Yeah, honestly, when I played Devita in KOF XIII once, he was a bit rusty at the start, and as usual I'm gllt so

FLASH KICK (ash/parasoul main here ya know that)

and him blocking it a few times did not stop me because I'm gllt, I just kept riding that flash kick train because it was working
until the rust wore off and it turned from just him blocking my flash kick to taking huge chunks/almost all of my health with HD Vice combos as a punish
and then I wanted to flash kick a lot less (but still did because of nerves, and died a lot for it)

So yeah, him just baiting out reversals didn't mean much until baiting out reversals was costing me entire characters/the match/the set.

Different game, but still. I think your opponent realizing how much it -hurts- to be punished after being baited successfully is what can turn them away from wanting to mash a reversal...

...and in turn, with players like me, how little you punish after baiting a reversal is what can turn me into just wanting to continually press my luck because of not having much fear of the consequences.

Not really improving at the video game. Hmm.

Have you recorded any sets lately? Last couple of things I see here of you playing are from april 2014 where you were still missing tons of conversions and combos, so hard to gauge anything on you getting better or not. Doesn't matter if its win or loss, just post something where you feel dissatisfied and we can look at it to try and help you.

Not really improving at the video game. Hmm.

we should play a long set at some point.

If it's alright with you I'd like to add you and play some sets sometime (maybe before CB, maybe not), reading your notes I feel like the things you're trying to work on not only with your filia but also in general are things that I need to work on as well. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to watch much of NWM so maybe you're way better than me and it wouldn't be fun to fight me but I think it could be a helpful experience.

Have you recorded any sets lately? Last couple of things I see here of you playing are from april 2014 where you were still missing tons of conversions and combos, so hard to gauge anything on you getting better or not. Doesn't matter if its win or loss, just post something where you feel dissatisfied and we can look at it to try and help you.

http://www.twitch.tv/domoisspecial/b/660462784