• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I Lost ALL of My Unlocks.

Yaruzu

Shitty Youtuber
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
Yaruzu
XBL
zYaruzu
Peacock Painwheel Ms. Fortune
Basically, I got the game I think about 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving the game. I had unlocked everything, except the Class Notes stage, and a couple of the #9 skins. After playing the beta a little bit to see if there were any new fully animated moves for Eliza, I went into the main game, and everything is locked. I'm back to square 1. I'm not very happy, and some assistance would be appreciated if possible.

It seems to be a common bug where all your unlocks get relocked after certain patches. It's not very well documented since people who own the DLCs get everything unlocked automatically, and most people who play regularly own the DLCs. Unfortunately I don't know of any good solutions to recover them except maybe to just use the unlock palette code to get the palettes back (and I think the code unlocks stages as well? I'm not sure).

This happened to me after the Fukua patch was released on PC. I got my completed tutorials, story modes and art gallery unlocks wiped. The only thing I did was that I tweaked some graphical settings in my Nvidia control panel... But that should affect saves. Try to contact L0 about this last month, no success. Tried again yesterday and now Mike will supposedly look into it.

But yeah, this killed my motivation to play the game.

It never happened to me before the Fukua patch though, it was only sometime after Fukua arrived that it happened
Get used to it.
That's not very nice:(

It never happened to me before the Fukua patch though, it was only sometime after Fukua arrived that it happened

That's not very nice:(

Well it's goddamn true. I've lost my unlocks so many times that I've just given up. It's not worth spending hours doing story modes and shit for a few extra palettes. Not having those stages is real annoying though.

Well it's goddamn true. I've lost my unlocks so many times that I've just given up. It's not worth spending hours doing story modes and shit for a few extra palettes. Not having those stages is real annoying though.
I can understand.

Can't really recommend this game to anyone on PC if it doesn't stop, or at least L0 finds out why it happens in the Stable game

I've had a similar issue, and I think it MAY have something to do with Steam Cloud erroneously overwriting your existing save data with its own. For me it only manifested itself in reset art gallery progress, but for someone who doesn't own the color pack DLC that may also mean reset stages and color unlocks.

I've had a similar issue, and I think it MAY have something to do with Steam Cloud erroneously overwriting your existing save data with its own. For me it only manifested itself in reset art gallery progress, but for someone who doesn't own the color pack DLC that may also mean reset stages and color unlocks.
Nothing like this has happened to me in any other games on Steam using cloud saves. Cloud-saves in Europa Universalis 4 for example works just fine for me (although I only recently started playing that game).

Decided to check my Skullgirls after reading this thread.
Turns out my story progress was wiped.
Just... why?

Decided to check my Skullgirls after reading this thread.
Turns out my story progress was wiped.
Just... why?
It has to be something with the cloud-save back-end of SkullGirls, because every other game that I have played with cloud saves on Steam works just fine and all. Which is really sad. I really want to like SkullGirls and it finally looked like some Fighting Game dev were taking the PC platform seriously

Any updates on this? The same thing has just happened to me, hoping there may be a solution?

Same happening to me... Still nothing for us poor souls? (except redoing everything !)

It has to be something with the cloud-save back-end of SkullGirls, because every other game that I have played with cloud saves on Steam works just fine and all. Which is really sad. I really want to like SkullGirls and it finally looked like some Fighting Game dev were taking the PC platform seriously
Heyo.
It's a bug. I've never been able to get it to happen on any computer with a dev version so I've never been able to fix it. I have tried to get it to happen somewhere useful since the PC version was first released.
If that means that we "aren't taking PC seriously" to you (if you can really ignore the beta, the frequent updates, the PC-exclusive features, etc) then your attitude sucks, yo.

Does it happen to you 100% every time we release a new patch? Does it wipe your options settings in the Beta also? If so, can you provide a -log when you boot the game up on a time when it wipes things? (Have you tried to help, in addition to complaining? No? Oh.)

I'll tell you what I CAN do, since I have never had the bug happen anywhere helpful to fix it:
Because people have a guess as to what it might be, I can easily disable cloud saving by default and make it a command-line option like -usecloudsaves. Let me do that. And if you were consistently having your savedata wiped previously, make some progress and then see if this makes it not get wiped. This way we make some progress and find out if that's really the problem. People who want to use cloud saving can do so at their own risk but the bug might be fixed for the majority of people.

Unfortunately that's the best I can do, because I "am not taking PC seriously". Never forget that.

I have done this starting from the current build.
In order to use Steam saves, you must add -enablecloudsaves to your Launch Options.

@DoncreteConkey @WindWolf @BeatNinja
If you have this problem, please save some progress and see if it gets wiped out with the next update.
Be helpers, that way if the problem isn't fixed it'll get fixed sooner! :^)

Reactions: Flotilla
Will do.
I notice only notice it's all gone when my macro buttons are gone for my first round, heh.

If you lose your unlocks, just play the game more. Unless you put no time into it and can't be bothered to play, in which I would wonder why you bought it.

If you lose your unlocks, just play the game more. Unless you put no time into it and can't be bothered to play, in which I would wonder why you bought it.

That's a dumb non-solution to an acknowledged problem. I use the art gallery for reference, I'd prefer not to have to play through all the story modes (or beat Marie 300%) just to have uninterrupted access to it.

That being said, I appreciate the automatic disabling of Steam Cloud. Steam Cloud likes reenabling itself after being disabled, so preventing that is a good thing.

I don't know what it will do but one thing : THANKS.
I don't care what ungrateful pricks think, thanks for the efforts.
There's just one thing, I don't know if it can help with this issue but despite having lost all unlocks and progress, I still have my custom mapping...

Anyway if you want any intel from someone having these troubles :D, I'm your man !

Well, there's a new build from last night.
I disabled Steam Cloud.

Did anyone lose their progress?

Can't really say myself, I started re-unlocking today... I'll keep this thread updated if anything happens.

I went ahead and bought the DLC, it nicely unlocks everything for you :D So I can't really help any more unfortunately.

Considering that some of the money spent on the DLC now goes to Lab Zero, it's definitely worth the purchase, especially if you want to see this game grow! (which I do! :P)

I went ahead and bought the DLC, it nicely unlocks everything for you :D So I can't really help any more unfortunately.
Considering that some of the money spent on the DLC now goes to Lab Zero, it's definitely worth the purchase, especially if you want to see this game grow! (which I do! :P)
DAMMIT thank you very much THAT'S NOT GONNA HELP ME SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Reactions: DoncreteConkey
I didn't lose my macro settings or volume settings in the update.
I'll clear a story mode and let you know if something happens to it.

Im not really sure if this thread is still going or this is where I should say something but ive had a simliar problem. I dont mind the lessons constantly resetting since I already got the achievement but losing progress on the other while no a problem is a little annoying. The best example I can give is instant hair dash. Once its count was near 90 then down to fifty then yesterday it totally reset. I am not good with computers but I enabled the console thing(-enablecloudsaves) thinking it would change things and it did not. The number actually reset again. I think the backer builds mean I do not have to fear loosing any unlockables so its not too big of a deal but the fact that I cant ever seem to get any other achievements is a little discouraging. This falls into the same problem as the things others on this thread have listed right?

I am not good with computers but I enabled the console thing(-enablecloudsaves)
Okay well, the -enablecloudsaves, actually ENABLES what Mike thinks would be causing this issue.
So, get rid of that from the launch options.
Then, unbold the larger half of your post o_o!

Yes progress on story mode, colors, and achievements will be lost because of this issue.
That patch that went in should have been the last time it was wiped, unless you enable cloud saves.

Try disabling cloud saves and working on your achievements, if they get cleared again, then post back here.

Also an update for Mike:
Filia's story mode is still cleared on my machine.
But I don't recall every update clearing my macros and sound settings, only some.

I enabled the console thing(-enablecloudsaves)
Yeah, like Skarmand said, the point was that if you didn't want to have the problem you should NOT add that option. Only add it if you want to have cloud saves. :^P

So try removing it and see if the next few updates leave your stuff alone.

Okay well, the -enablecloudsaves, actually ENABLES what Mike thinks would be causing this issue.
So, get rid of that from the launch options.
Then, unbold the larger half of your post o_o!

Yes progress on story mode, colors, and achievements will be lost because of this issue.
That patch that went in should have been the last time it was wiped, unless you enable cloud saves.

Try disabling cloud saves and working on your achievements, if they get cleared again, then post back here.

But I don't recall every update clearing my macros and sound settings, only some.
Apologies. I honestly do not even know how I did part of my post in bold in the first place. As i said, I am not so smart with computers and I apologize. I will do as you two have mentioned and study the results. thank you and Sir Mike for your time.

Hey, if you take it out and your problem gets fixed then that's good enough for me!

Ah. This had been happening to me. But I only noticed when it happened to the tutorials since I don't pay attention to the story modes anymore unless its for a new character. And I bought Squigly and the color pack back when I got the game so I don't have problems there. Although I just checked and I'm kinda sad I lost my art gallery stuff. I had a lot unlocked. :'(

Hey, if you take it out and your problem gets fixed then that's good enough for me!

Well I really do not know for sure if it will stop but I did take it out and so far looks like everything has reset again. Forgive my lack of general usefulness but I am unsure of what to do. As far as any possible improvement in did do a test by unlocking some content and then booting up the game again and so far that content has remained if that is anything useful to know.

Well I really do not know for sure if it will stop but I did take it out and so far looks like everything has reset again. Forgive my lack of general usefulness but I am unsure of what to do. As far as any possible improvement in did do a test by unlocking some content and then booting up the game again and so far that content has remained if that is anything useful to know.
Not having that -option wouldn't restore anything you lost, but if you take it out and stuff doesn't get reset by the next couple of builds I make then I'll consider it fixed.

@Mike_Z
8/14/2014

Lost Filia story mode progress.
Lost Volume settings.
Lost Ensemble saves.
Lost GGPO default settings (0 --> 2)

Macro buttons are still set(!)
Achievement progress is still saved (1/8 treads of fate)

Last edited:
When in doubt, cout.

This ain't Windows programming, and I already printf, it's just that that's only in the beta.

Why ya gotta shit on my rhyme.