• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Idea: Healing Pushblocks

Healing Defense: Yay or Nay?

• Might be fun?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Haha nope.

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

The Dave

Reaction score
Steam
TheDaveofHouston
Robo Fortune Eliza Cerebella
'Cause sometimes, even blocking hurts.

I was fighting Marie last night and, somewhere, in between twentieth and twenty-first skull of pain, I had an idea: "Gee, I finally figured out blocking this stage of the fight, and being able to push Marie back is nifty, but even defense is hurty. If only I had some dip for my chips... aha!"

Not a lot of health regained- maybe two chips worth? (One of which would just negate the chip you take blocking the initial hit anyway.) It would give defense more options to deal with pressure, especially projectiles.

On the other hand, I'm still really new to this, so there's a good chance it hilariously breaks the balance. It's that hilarity potential that makes me willing to suggest it in the first place. Plus, there've been experiments lately about solo's regenerating red health, so I thought it might not be as crazy as I fear.

Hope it's a fun idea. Thanks for taking a look!

This would be pretty broken. Fukua/Parasoul's projectiles would instantly become near-worthless for zoning because you're effectively giving the opponent health if they block it, for example.

IDK man. Sounds like a bad idea because, like Flotilla said, zoning would become very useless. Plus it would make the neutral game too different.

Possibly... Admittedly, the only time I've been seriously zoned by Parasoul was this one time I was online and my Fortune got pounded and horribly violated... On the other hand, if it's only for when you can push the block, it would still keep you in place- just make it harder to be chipped to death. So, for instance, Argus Agony would only heal you one or two chips, and you'd have to be really good to get those. Then again, my Peacock's a bit limp; others may more stiffed by the experiment.

A mechanic that rewards you for turtling? And even moreso vs Peacock players? I love it.

All bad joking aside, This wouldn't really be implemented too well considering chip damage does in fact play a huge factor in not only Skullgirls but fighting games alike, and it reminds you to avoid turtle matches and keeps you on your toes (at least that is how I see it). Plus, we don't necessarily need Health Gaining Sagats (shudders)

The reward for pushblocking is the extra space between you and the enemy, the risk is that the enemy can be prepared and use the movement to their advantage.

The mechanic is already balanced IMO