• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Idea]HP restoring delay on training mode

Colossi

THE ONE THAT DODGES
Reaction score
Steam
Colossi
Fukua Cerebella Unknown
I've never played other big fighting games before and I may be saying something stupid, but few days ago I've watched a Decapre gameplay commentary somewhere on youtube and there is a part during the video that he shows the training mode.

When she does a combo and she drops, the dummy's HP doesn't regenerate until a few seconds pass without dealing any damage to the dummy, and then the HP regenerates. I suggest that this delay before regenerating the HP would be nice on training mode to calculate the damage with resets, since the combo is intentionally dropped and picked up.

Reactions: Φ
I've done it sometimes and all, but I don't think this change would be too difficult to implement and it only adds more to the game.
It's not something like WE NEED DIS NOW, but it's something nice to add.

Reactions: Killabyte and Φ
while adding stuff is always cool, i think this change wouldn't add much to the game...

Adding something is more than adding nothing.

I use save states in 3S OE training room specifically to avoid what you're suggesting.

Maybe as an option we could choose the delay, that could be put to 0.

Maybe it's different in Ultra but in AE that "feature" is one of the most annoying parts of training mode -- especially since damage scaling changes dramatically at different health values

Save states give you all of the control you're looking for without having to mess with health regenerating on knockdowns/with loose resets