• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

"if Beta do ___, if real game do ___" bugs?

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
Is it just me or is this legit?

At first I was able to join and play fine, but now it's stuck in permanent lobby search, and when I try to join a lobby.

I can't even make a proper lobby now, either, and the buttons aren't coloured in the bottom right.

I tried to do "validate game cache" but the problem persists.

also is it just coincidence or are all the lobbies names casual matches- beginner?

timer still counted down during ultimate show stopper?

Another thing: supers don't freeze the timer properly, but they still fade to grey when it happens.

The greying out means it wont time over during it. Mike answered that recently somewhere. Val lv3 the only thing to actual freeze the clock.

The greying out means it wont time over during it. Mike answered that recently somewhere.

I thought supers were supposed to freeze time, though. That doesn't happen even if it's not greyed out (which I thought it would grey out whenever it froze).

The greying out means it wont time over during it. Mike answered that recently somewhere. Val lv3 the only thing to actual freeze the clock.
I thought supers were supposed to freeze time, though. That doesn't happen even if it's not greyed out (which I thought it would grey out whenever it froze).
Yeah, I thought all, "cinematic," supers were supposed to freeze the clock.

Once and for all - grey means it won't time out. Stopping is optional. Some supers slow it down (EKG), but most just won't time out.
A complete list of what stops it:
Being snapped out, so doublesnaps don't eat the timer.
Beowulf grab mode during supers, because it is long and common and you don't immediately go into a finisher automatically so he could wait the maximum time before doing anything and run the clock.
Big Band's taunted Tympany ending, because you can't DHC out of it so it is basically just a cinematic.
Double's Lv3, because it is long and common.
Daisy Pusher last part, because you can't DHC out of it.
Val's Lv3 cinematic, because you can't DHC out of it.
That's it.

To the original post:
I can make lobbies in the current beta just fine? Are you still having the problem? Did you try deleting your savedata just in case? Did you capture a log of trying to make a lobby?
The buttons being colored is not a bug, menu buttons are not colored now because it was decided that that didn't fit the theme or something. If those were bugs those wouldn't come from character scripting changes anyway. :^)

Booted up the game just now and none of those problems happen.

This is odd because at the time, I'd restart the game and it'd still be there.

I did not make a log. Sorry.