• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I'm doing a kick starter! Any advice is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I didn't want to do this, but literally no one has said it yet.

Like, you're asking for us to give you money when you admit that you do not own this game...

...No one in this community is super unobtainable. All you have to do is just get to know people and people will help you out. You don't know a single one of us. Stop asking for us to give you stuff when you don't even know who we are.

I'm done.
On the contrary, I enjoy Funky Hellboy's, McPeanuts's, Duck's, PR6-let's, and even your content. (and now that I think about it, I think that 6-let is locally-based. If that's the case, I'd love to collab for some skullgirls! I may not have your game yet, but I'm certain that I can do very well at it and others. I'm resourceful, and a quick, visual learner.
"I don´t want to work, give me money to play my videogames in a brand new PC"

That´s what i think looking your KS campain, no offense, but this plataforms crowfunding are suppose to be to help projects that have something planned, and reading all you information looks like you don´t

Just look at this "cover for get backers interesed"
Ok, the art's bad, but going digital with a mouse after years of pen and paper is tricky. As far as the campaign, my goal is to make it amorphous, and to become what people who I ask about it want.

...and I'll work on digital art. Making swords out of paper and glue is easier!

Glad you like my channel. Everything on it is done with free software or from something I bought out of pocket. I have never asked for money from the community to produce content.

I may not have your game yet, but I'm certain that I can do very well at it and others. I'm resourceful, and a quick, visual learner.

Don't ask for money when you aren't involved in the community you're asking money from.

All of the streamers you mentioned have been streaming for at least a year and have built their stream from no monetary costs what-so-ever. You can't just come in and say that you absolutely can't stream or make content with less than $4,000 when everyone on that list managed to do it without spending even a tenth of that. That is an insult to all of us.

I'm not doubting you can play this game and I'm not trying to stop you from picking it up. I'm saying that promising content for a game that you don't even own yet is just irresponsible and naive.

Last edited:
114.gif

i would like for you to show off your current fighting game knowledge. because as it is, it seems like you don't really play games and you don't really own anything. fighting games is in my opinion without a doubt the hardest genre to learn and i have a hard time believing you have any time of extensive knowledge about any game simply by watching it.

edit: i don't care what game you talk about. teach me about something i don't know in any other game, or something informative in another game i might know about. you don't have to talk about sg, i know about and play other games also.

as some one who use to want to do something similar a while ago (and I bought all my own equipment mind you) I have come into conflicts with finding time to even to make videos and stuff, how would you be able to maintain a constant presence in the games you would want to cover's communities and become a source of knowledge for new players and good info for already good players. Do you have anything that would keep you from making content such as school and/or work because that would kill your channel off fast if you have too much other obligations.

good luck with trying to make content but it would be better for you to better establish yourself using free/cheap tools that you have easy access to

Locking this thread because there is nothing productive being done here, and I see how this is going downhill fast.

Good luck with your kickstarter, but please come back with another thread that is more well thought out and less of just a random idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.