• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Im ready to learn now~

Jac

Have the courage to disobey
Reaction score
PSN
Doctor_Zorg_MD
Squigly Squigly Squigly
After lurking the forums a bit, I'm all ready to start talking.

I've been playing SG since December a year ago so I've been around for a bit. Just im looking to increase my skill at it all.

So i have a thousand questions on timing and such. I've tried to pick up every character save Cerebella/Painwheel. They've been ardorous to learn for me.

Dash/Jump cancelling in aerial combos is my main issue. Characters i have trouble doing this with is Filia (after j.MK), Peacock ( i do j.LP, j.LK, dash, j.LP, j.MP and always seem to drop it...) If just practice spamming is all i need then i guess i solved this one on my own lol...

I would like to learn some Big Band/Double combos for characters since they are fat and hard to keep up. Well actually Big Band is easy to combo for me. The only characterwho cant really do it anymore is Double.

Lastly I would like some Squigly Seria cancel help. I have no idea how to make Seria canceling in a combo easier.

are you using two punches to dash or are you double tapping forward? two punches tend to be easier if you arnt already going that route. other than that it just takes time and practice.
for the seria cancelling, are you using the shortcut or are you doing it manually?

On dashes, i tend to double tap forward.

On seria cancelling, ive tried the shortcut but i dont seem to be grasping how im supposed to time it very well. Every once in a while i'll land it but it's often not happening.

try using the double punches for dashing, i think it makes the timing easier.
for seria cancelling 1) make sure you have it charged up 2) try to do the seria cancel right after the normal hits. this will give you the most time to link something else afterwards.