• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Indianapolis Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaww

Reaction score
Steam
klaww213
PSN
KlawwG
Valentine Filia Fukua
Hello all, I have been informed that since skullheart went down there has not been a new Indianapolis thread.

There are currently weekly meetups at Arsenal game room on Wednesday nights from ~6pm to ~11pm-12(as in, the building opens at 5, and i am USUALLY there then, but most people don't show up til 6 or later. And the place officially closes at 11, but the owners don't tell us to leave til usually 11:30). There is plenty of room for additional people, we usually have 4-6 setups, feel free to bring your own. I am the only one that MAINS skullgirls, but there are about 4 others that will play. There is no charge for these, free parking behind the building. Any other questions, feel free to ask!
The address for Arsenal Game Room is 874 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis, IN ‎
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&so...142769&spn=0.080367,0.169086&t=m&z=13&iwloc=A there is the google maps directions to the place. (NOTE: it says it is closed, but it is not, they are only doing a name change soon and maps thinks it's closed)

I will make a seperate thread for it, but will mention here:
There is a monthly tournament at The Tilt Studios in Indy, and while they do not USUALLY have skullgirls, there will be a skullgirls tournament for the one in March, as the owner is willing to give it a try for the Encore release. but if it doesn't have a good turn out it won't happen again! this is on the top floor of the circle center mall, on March 8th. I have never been before, due to lack of SG, but the event page says 10 am to 10 pm. There is an entry fee of $10. here is the facebook page for additional info:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1391868711077562/
You can discuss any other meetups or local arrangements here as well!

Reactions: LuxadeSwag and Kai
I'm gonna see about bringing a car load of CHI folk down for a monthly sometime this spring/summer.

Awesome! Let me know in advance, as my schedule is set up so I can't regularly go to the monthlies because of work.
I'm hoping they'll still run skullgirls, because to my knowledge only 2-3 people are signing up for this weekend...

Awesome! Let me know in advance, as my schedule is set up so I can't regularly go to the monthlies because of work.
I'm hoping they'll still run skullgirls, because to my knowledge only 2-3 people are signing up for this weekend...
You need to keep it alive, then! I'm probably looking at something like June or July for the trip up, so as to give people time to recuperate from UFGTX.

Hey there klaww, I was that Solo Parasoul that came down recently! Like I said before, I didn't even know there was a local scene at all, but I'd like to do what I can for SG around here, even if it ends up as mostly just us playing. I'll be sure to try and show up when I can while I'm in Indy here. Sorry to you and the other guys if I was a bit quiet, that's just how I am and I really was having fun watching everyone.

Though I wanted to ask, do you or does any of the other guys live near the northside who could drop me off? I live up close to Carmel, and it isn't a super big hassle for me to drive down, but I actually work downtown, relatively close to Arsenal Gaming actually, and get off work close to 6 pm, yet I normally have a carpool to and from work. So while I could potentially just walk down after work, I'd need some sort of ride home, so if you or if you know anyone I could hitch a ride with, that'd be nice.

Alternatively, if you or anyone else (including any potential lurkers) want a ride and are on the way from the northside, I'm totally fine with picking people up.

I am in the deep southside, so I can't help you there. I do believe kyle and rob are northside (not 100% sure though) so we can figure something out next time i see them/wednesday.

Aw man, found this thread while lurking (which I need to stop, I have an account)! Of course the only Indiana scene is up in Indy. I live about 50 miles or so away, and its an hour drive. Plus, I play keyboard/pc. Maybe one day I can make it.
In the event that I do, expect a tiny girl mixed in with y'all! I think next week I MAY be able to make it. I have money saved from a Comic Con fund (which we can't go to this year :c). I'm also using that fund to buy a fightstick, ahah. (which I hope delivers fast enough.)
See y'all in the future!

Aw man, found this thread while lurking (which I need to stop, I have an account)! Of course the only Indiana scene is up in Indy. I live about 50 miles or so away, and its an hour drive. Plus, I play keyboard/pc. Maybe one day I can make it.
In the event that I do, expect a tiny girl mixed in with y'all! I think next week I MAY be able to make it. I have money saved from a Comic Con fund (which we can't go to this year :c). I'm also using that fund to buy a fightstick, ahah. (which I hope delivers fast enough.)
See y'all in the future!
which direction do you live? I could help meet you halfway if it's south.
and that's fine if you play keyboard, we play on my laptop so you'd be fine. :)
hope you can make it!

which direction do you live? I could help meet you halfway if it's south.
and that's fine if you play keyboard, we play on my laptop so you'd be fine. :)
hope you can make it!
I live in a suburb by Bloomington, ahahah. I honestly don't know if my parents would be okay with me coming up, my dad grew up in a bad side of town and has an odd view of Indy. Plus they despise the idea of meeting people from the internet (despite them meeting through AOL in 1999). If I DO make it though, maybe meeting up in Martinsville would help? I don't know. It's all up in the air. I'll get in touch with you with the end result though.

I live in a suburb by Bloomington, ahahah. I honestly don't know if my parents would be okay with me coming up, my dad grew up in a bad side of town and has an odd view of Indy. Plus they despise the idea of meeting people from the internet (despite them meeting through AOL in 1999). If I DO make it though, maybe meeting up in Martinsville would help? I don't know. It's all up in the air. I'll get in touch with you with the end result though.
sounds good! I can meet you in martinsville if you make it this week but i wouldn't be able to any other time (i'm on spring break. If it consoles your 'rents at all, it is not someones house, it is a public game room.

Do u guys still do weekly metups on Wednesdays

Do u guys still do weekly metups on Wednesdays
Yes! The place was closed today and will be next week (we are gonna do something at someones house, detail later) but after that, yes, weekly meetups are still a thing.

Nice pls tell when the nxt meetup will be at

Okay, so Arsenal was just temporarily closed, and they just announced they are permanently closed.
Right now we are kinda a mess and really don't know what to do. As for this week, we won't be doing anything. Our "leader" is messaging a few places and trying to find a new place. I will keep you all posted.
HOWEVER, there is a godlike tournament at the Tilt this saturday. Skullgirls at 6.

Okay, so Arsenal was just temporarily closed, and they just announced they are permanently closed.
Right now we are kinda a mess and really don't know what to do. As for this week, we won't be doing anything. Our "leader" is messaging a few places and trying to find a new place. I will keep you all posted.
HOWEVER, there is a godlike tournament at the Tilt this saturday. Skullgirls at 6.
Welp... that's a drag.

Welp... that's a drag.
Yeah. The monthly is completely unaffected by this, if you are still planning on coming down to it.
We should have a new area in 2-3 weeks. It's just a matter right now of finding a place that is big enough and on a convenient time for everyone.

That totally sucks about Arsenal. :( Hope we can find a new good place that works for everyone.

I'll still go to Godlike this Saturday though. Sadly I haven't had IRL practice since I dind't show up last week, so hopefully I do okay. I'm just glad Godlike is still having Skullgirls at all!

I'm surprised that it's still there as well.
we are currently investigating a new place. We will be asking around at Godlike for what day works best for everyone before we do anything concrete.

I'm surprised that it's still there as well.

I think I remember Kyle saying there that the turnout was bigger than expected, so that could've been a part of it. I also think that maybe there was supposed to be another crew coming down last month that would've entered SG but didn't? Not sure about that one but it would be cool; I'd be happy with a solid 8 players for the monthly.

Any updates on the place n how did skullgirls do saturday

no real update. we have messaged the church but have not heard back yet.
we had u entrants to sg on saturday deven though we made it free.

We got 2 new people to show up which was nice, for a total of 7 entrants, though they didn't stay for their rounds cause they had to leave early. I'll admit I was pretty salty when I lost, but I felt a lot better when I got my Salty Runbacks afterwards. :PUN:

Yea had no money this time ( life, bills,blah,blah) but plan to see me attend alot me

Reactions: klaww
Well been awhile so wats the word on the meet up

Our leader, if you will, met up with the church, and we can get a room on Sundays from 3-9. We aren't too sure about this time/day, but i think we may roll with it for the next month or two. I think we may be starting next week, but not certain.

Sounds good then. Won't be able to make it this week (if it's even happening?) since I'll be in Chicago until Monday I think. But this works out well I think.

Also I'm sorry I didn't make it to Godlike this month D: . We haven't gotten together in like a month, so I had no word of the events, and google searches for Godlike kept telling me about previous events and I didn't see when the next one would be (since before I wasn't following the location's FB page). I was also out of a car that weekend so I probably wouldn't have been able to make it anyways, but hopefully the future ones won't be as bad.

Its next Sunday rite?
As in May 11th, yes, and every sunday out for the near future.

I'm still feeling sick, so I wasn't going to show up this week. :( Maybe next week though since I doubt I will be sick for 3 weeks straight

Yeah, sorry, I don't usually check skullheart. But yeah, unless something else comes up, just assume sunday meetups are a go.

Since klaww isn't super active on SH or in SG in general, I guess I need to do better and step up a bit in general. If you have any interest at all in coming to the local or the monthly, please post so so we can get some talking/help done. And please try to show up to anything because showing up is what keeps this stuff alive. If you don't feel like you're good enough, that's exactly the kind of person who needs to show up in locals, and I can try to help out which is a lot easier with local play than online stuff.

For the locals, Sundays at Broadway (linked above) are still where people meet up. There might be another place opening up in Indianapolis soon but we don't know yet. If you want to play SG and can bring your own setup or laptop, please do. Most everyone already has SG on PS3's and such, but whether or not it gets played depends on who is there and what people feel like playing; either bring your own setup or if you can't just wait to ask to set up SG somewhere (or ask around for me to bug people about it).

For the Monthlies, there still is Godlike/Naptown Clutch(?) at Tilt Studios (also linked up there) are still what we got. As long as we got a minimum of 4 people who'll play, I'll try to get whatever bracket going. Usually we can wrangle up some guys to get at least that many, but it'd be great to just get people who really were into SG there. No matter the size though, there's usually a setup present that we can play Casuals, or if nothing else people can Money match me or anyone else there.

Apparently the next monthly is Naptown Clutch here, and apparently it's going to be slightly bigger than the usual Godlike, so it'd be neat if we could also get more SG people going as well. I'll set up an event page for it soon.

klaww if you're reading this, learn an easy filia combo :(

EDIT: of course with my luck, this was the week where the weekly meetup was canceled

Last edited:
I'm going to school in Indiana and I really want to start going to monthlies since I'm not too far from Indie. Problem is I'm pretty much at the mercy of whatever carpools people here get together. I should be able to get a ride to Naptown Clutch since apparently it's a bigger event than Godlike. But if that doesn't happen, in the unlikely event that anyone happens to drive through or around the West Lafayette area, I'd really appreciate it if they could spare me a ride, and I would be willing to pay for gas of course. I don't think I'll need a ride for Naptown Clutch but I'd like to be able to come down to future Godlikes as well if I'm in the area.

In any event, I hope we can get a strong showing for Skullgirls!

Reactions: fenster
Wanted to make new thread, over here.

If any mods like @Dolfinh are around, I think we should close/delete this thread, old Topic creator isn't around anymore and it seemd okay to make a new thread from some other mods I asked.

Wanted to make new thread, over here.

If any mods like @Dolfinh are around, I think we should close/delete this thread, old Topic creator isn't around anymore and it seemd okay to make a new thread from some other mods I asked.
I'm just gonna go ahead and say ok to this, seems perfectly reasonable. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.