• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indicator for assist/tag lockout

Strawberry

Oh No
Reaction score
I have no idea if this is a good idea or even a helpful one, but I find myself uncertain of when my lockout period for a particular assist ends.

While I realize there is a little red/green button that displays information about when tags are /possible/, it's often fairly ambiguous because it's very small and because it also changes based on other factors, not to mention (please correct me if I'm horribly mistaken) that on a team of three, each assist can be locked-out individually.

I humbly and tentatively would like to propose we use the very same padlock graphic that represents locked art in the art gallery and overlay it across the character's small portrait in on the health bars to represent whether they are currently locked out. It's a little change but I feel it might be more informative. Please let me know if I'm wrong or if this is a terrible suggestion.

Each assist is not locked out individually.

When the light is red, you can't tag to or call assist for EITHER character.

You can't tag in the air, and you can't call assist in super-jump state.

If your assist gets hit, it's locked out for 90 frames, and if you snap the assist, it's locked out for 300 frames.

That's everything, but if you wanna keep it super simple, if it's red, you can't tag or call assists, if it's green you can tag or call either assist.