• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Lea was an unexpected surprise. I really enjoyed the game she's from since I am a sucker for beat-em-ups.

Lea was an unexpected surprise. I really enjoyed the game she's from since I am a sucker for beat-em-ups.
Well Lab Zero seriously urged SG fans to back Mercenary Kings kickstarter, Brady was working on it, Kinuko was working on Scott Pilgrim, her and Persona are friends with Paul Robertson who's doing pixels for all the Tibute's games so they are like least surprising actually.

@Ravidrath had some good info re: this whole thing on NeoGaf, so here's a repost:

How will the Guest Incarnations be integrated to the game?
Ravidrath said:
Right now we're thinking that a dimensional rift opens up in Ajna's Inner Realm, and you meet the other characters in there. Don't want them? Don't go in there.

Definitely want to position them so players can use them as they see fit, but without detracting from the main story and other in-world characters. So I think it'll likely be a late game kinda thing, so Indivisible's characters and everything are established and you have them for endgame stuff.

I also see them as great New Game+ fodder - work them into your team to mix things up on a second playthrough, etc.

What were your criteria for selecting guest stars?
Ravidrath said:
This all started because Joe Madureira (!!!) reached out to us about a crossover. We liked the idea, so I reached out a bunch of other indies and they all agreed.

We usually approached them with a character in mind, but ultimately who went in was up to them. Sometimes it was based on who was the most recognizable, but in the case of Calibretto, we wanted someone that would really stand out from the rest of the cast.

And we tried to get some kind of balance in the roster, i.e. a grappler instead of a straight-up melee guy, people that have abilities in their games that could be "mage-y" in Indivisible's battle system, etc.

I love that first response - I'd like the option of them being a little separate from the rest of the game so I can dip in if I want, or just stick to the actual core game. Definitely an NG+ thing for me! :)

And don't get me wrong, they are something I'd be excited to use NG+. Calibretto in particular I've always been a big fan of!

I'm a big fan of both Shovel Knight and Guacamelee but not very enthusiastic about this. Sounds like a kinda cheap idea. But they're completely optional so whatever.
I don't understand the dinosaur, tho. Is it gonna keep the modern clothes? Without them he doesn't look like much of a character.

Reactions: Rakurin
I'm a big fan of both Shovel Knight and Guacamelee but not very enthusiastic about this. Sounds like a kinda cheap idea. But they're completely optional so whatever.
I don't understand the dinosaur, tho. Is it gonna keep the modern clothes? Without them he doesn't look like much of a character.

We're adapting them to our style, but they'll mostly be as they are in their games when it comes to clothing, weapons, etc.

Maybe some slight tweaks here and there, but mostly need to make sure that the character is the character. We're getting everything approved by the devs every step of the way so it's true to them.

And I think Zackasaurus will be ridiculous and a lot of fun. I think he's probably the one I'm most looking forward to seeing what we do with him.

As long as they're optional or newgame+ stuff, I don't see why they shouldn't be in here, if they're gonna help fund the game plus it'll be fun in general.

Reactions: Rakurin
This is great, but I do hope it's more of a NG+ thing.

When's Papyrus?

Please one frame just one frame of Annie in her indivisible style clothes.

Reactions: DDB and Cas Chronon
Actually, @Ravidrath , how does the Annie one work? Do you have to run designs past Autumn? I know Alex designed her obviously, but with the IP held by Autumn, how much say over the characters do they have?

Actually, @Ravidrath , how does the Annie one work? Do you have to run designs past Autumn? I know Alex designed her obviously, but with the IP held by Autumn, how much say over the characters do they have?

We don't need to do that for Autumn, haha. We direct everything with SG, after all.

Dear god, the singularity has finally accomplished its dark objective

Just wondering, anything about Annie in particular that made her the one to use as the SG rep?

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Dinosaurs are overrated :YYY
Deez beech... <3

Dear god, the singularity has finally accomplished its dark objective
Just wondering, anything about Annie in particular that made her the one to use as the SG rep?
Look at the number of people who won't shut up about her and ask that again. :^P
I'm still gonna try and change her into Venus.

Behold!

GEORGE
pzcoi8xnaexqdrxvci5r.png

George is a dragon slayer of the highest prestige. As a special class of soldier from the Iron Kingdom, it is his duty to travel through the regions of the empire and quell any troublesome monsters or demons. His lance Scalesbane, crafted along with his chainmail from remnants of his first kill, has proven quite effective in his battles against unholy creatures.

The Iron Kingdom is rapidly growing through aggressive campaigns of conquest, but George cares not for their policies or politics. His authority extends to the borders of the empire, yet he knows that greater evils lurk in every corner of the world.

Also behold,

Oh hey look my patron saint is going to be in the game. Thanks you LZ! I also really like how the incarnation trailers add more lore to each character. It would be easy to just read their already given description, but having that extra unique bit of information adds a lot of fuel to the Hype Missile.

Reactions: Kai
It would have been so cool to have Isaac in the Steampunk city :'( I hope he gets at least to be an NPC
Wow Mike I thought your waifu was Aeon :00

I would verrrrrry much imagine that Undertale and Shantae crews were contacted about guests already. It's not like L0 just skipped over em. Either they said no, or they're still in discussions. Either way, nothing we say here will affect that outcome.

I would verrrrrry much imagine that Undertale and Shantae crews were contacted about guests already. It's not like L0 just skipped over em. Either they said no, or they're still in discussions. Either way, nothing we say here will affect that outcome.
I would imagine Wayforward was (probably also since Christiana Vee also worked with them), I don't think they contacted Toby Fox though or didn't want to or he's in discussion.

Being nitpicky here, but how do you make chainmail out of dragon scales? Wouldn't that just be scalemail?
Loving the ouroboros thing going on tho.
With the Dragon Armor perk in your smithing skill tree

Reactions: Muro and The Dave
I just realized this but George's dragon skin scarf kinda looks like Leviathan....

Like it matches up pretty close.

so that's why Leviathan looks like he's made of just this bony material...

Reactions: Not-So-Saint
At this point if they add Shanate (Doubt it) my entire party will just be guest characters.

not only the initial roster but a Dinosaur, Luchador, Giant Mech War Golem AND shutting up that one guy for a little while?

this game is got all the right moves and all the right places. If this game doesn't get made I don't think I'll ever be able to love

I just realized this but George's dragon skin scarf kinda looks like Leviathan....

Like it matches up pretty close.

so that's why Leviathan looks like he's made of just this bony material...
squigs j.mp. makes so much sense now.