• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

The next incarnation IS A WHAT?!

Lanshi

hc4kl08rkcxmml4xflkd.jpg

Lanshi is a dog, which can only mean one thing: reincarnation as an animal, resulting from his ignorant ways in a past life.

Captured as a pup, Lanshi was mercilessly abused by his new owner, who hoped to turn the massive beast into a vicious guard dog. But throughout years of mistreatment, he somehow remained friendly and obedient. Eventually dismissed as useless, Lanshi was abandoned one winter morning to wander the desolate mountains alone. He now lives a lazy life taking frequent naps under the sun, and survives on scraps provided by the adoring townspeople of his new domain, challenged by none.

Of all the questions surrounding him, the most mysterious is how this seemingly docile dog possesses the Vajra, a powerful relic that allows him to conjure and manipulate lightning when threatened. Karma works in mysterious ways - perhaps the artifact is somehow connected to Lanshi's previous misdeeds.

razmi no like. she's a cat person.

Both Nuna and Lanshi are super cool, they are tied for my third favorite I think behind Tenoch and Naga rider.

Wonder how big Lanshi is supposed to be. Normal giant dog or giant giant dog?

Lanshi is pretty cool, I wonder what he was like as a human.

I need that "My god" meme photo with the dude taking off the sunglasses for my previous post.. woulda been perfect lol

razmi no like. she's a cat person.
tumblr_nch8bz8DYV1re6njyo6_1280.png
(That took me way too long to find T~T)

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
It's really cool that the trailer didn't spoil all of the incarnations and there are still some nice surprises. :D

And no, I wasn't ready for Lanshi.

DEFINITELY not loli! No giggling, think more ... serene, or oracular. Contemplative.
Oh man. SHARK GIGGLING >=[

Zee DoG is amatho tho.

Dogmeat anyone? Dogmeat was THE companion.

Anybody thought of his possible interactions with Roti?

according to that, on Nov 6th, we had 0 backers but gained ~$28k... yeah I don't trust it already

The Backers tracker is something new (they create this thing in the middle of Then Fighting Herds campaign). Sometimes he marks 0 backers for days, and count every backers in one day (you can see this easily in the Indivisible campaign).

As @Mike_Z already said, the Crowdcharts prevision are very bad... and any prevision will fated to fail (mainly because the final rush).

But at last a tracker...

I wake up and it's at 912K, best thing I ever woke up to I believe!
edit: by the time I wrote this it jumped to 914K!!

Lanshi is great, I have a thing for bear-sized dogs, I call it shitmypantitis.
When I was younger I visited my grandparents in the Ukraine. We then visited some other "family members I've never seen or heard of" and when we arrived at their house, the first thing you saw was a 2.5 meter tall cage with a Tibetan Mastiff inside, practically filling out the entire cage with its body and fur as it stood up on its hind legs and growled at us. I can still remember it being way taller than my dad, its paws were about as large as my torso, a freaking monster.

I wish I could say I was dreaming because I've never seen a dog that large ever again. So, Lanshi is great.

dudes syncing anime to these glorious events?
I can't pack out the anime quotes just yet, not yet. I have to let the desperation thrive, amass more naysayers and supporters. Once we're funded, this will explode.

Lanshi is just... just...

I'm at a loss for words.

Gonna have to quote Crusty Sean on this one:
"And I gotta say- WOW you're, like, fresh incarnate. You've hit the max! Where d'you even go from here?"

What I'm trying to say is, I like him a lot.

I really like Lanshi. I'm excited you guys are creating incarnations that are not strictly humans.
Also where can I get one? I want one. He's adorable. The little artifact makes a bowtie. It's very cute.

The new dog incarnation is giving me Persona 3 flashbacks.

Considering his description, I get the feeling that he'll be kind of a useless character that does something like 100-200 damage with any of his attacks, when at normal health. But when he gets down to his last 10% of his health, he activates the Vajra to do huge damage. So you'll have to balance using the Vajra and keeping him alive by healing, which may push him past that health cutoff point.

... Or maybe the Vajra is just his super. Dunno.

that would be kind of pointless because you could just give him low max health to begin with if he really is "useless" at over 10%

Unfortunately the campaign is sure to slow down again once the 20 days left are visible on the page, so I wouldn't put much hope in the current pace.

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Unfortunately the campaign is sure to slow down again once the 20 days left are visible on the page, so I wouldn't put much hope in the current pace.
Well I can see how you think that with a lower level of pressure to donate, but think of it this way: A) We have more time to build publicity and spread the word, and B) people looked at this campaign and said "1,500,000? yeah right they will never make that" but we have 60%, so we can show them that the campaign is more possible than they thought and give them more confidence in backing.

Reactions: ArgonBern
It's only a good thing. Even if the pace slows down we can assume it will pick up again near the end, except this time it will be safe

Besides, 600k in 20 days is something that people believe. And we will still get the final push at the end of those 20 days.

While the beginning of the campaign was full of doubts, now we reached a more "believable" state for the common eye, so people that were afraid to donate, will now donate more.

Also, the fact that we are getting an extension will probably be reported by the media, and people will see: "welp, this guys already made a million in 40 days, i believe they can do half of that in 20 days"

Reactions: The Dave and RPG
Lanshi is a dog, which can only mean one thing: reincarnation as an animal, resulting from his ignorant ways in a past life. Karma works in mysterious ways...

You could say that Karma is a... bitch.

eh? eh? get it? because Lanshi is a dog, and Karma is usually personified as a female, and that female dogs are called bitches?

eh... heh... well i find it funny...

UNITED WE STAND
LAB ZERO CREW AND FANS ETERNALLY UNITED
INDIVISIBLE FORCE OF PRIDE AND GLORY

Hell yes. I was hoping there'd be a dog incarnation!