• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Yes. That was my point. "I don't care about this game on its' own, but ANOTHER game is enough to make me care!" is saddening, because of that first part. Not that you said it.

Well, there is a more positive way to see this : as science have shown, your team draw and animate anything super well. So it's always fun to see a character you like in upgraded fashion! More often than not, when a character is in a crossover, it's in diminished form/lower res ect...so that's a great way to introduce people to your art style while avoiding comments like 'oh it's those that draw boobie ladies...'.

Beside, once lured, they'll stay for the game. Since it's not a second fighting game and it's an unusual battle system, there's no shame in using tricks like that to attract, it's not like you were defiling your game with them afterall, unlike the Poochie syndrom!

You know, looking at the comparison. I kinda like the Indivisible style better.

Reactions: CountofBleck
I had a whole thing planned to just add Minette in here instead, but alas computer troubles and business means you just get Annie.

Truly the best possible outcome.

View attachment 12330

Shovel Knight's horns and general buffness hide it pretty well that Annie's got a few inches on him.

Nice

Kind of miss the old cartoony charm of SG. Also that should be posted everytime someone makes the brilliant suggestion of copy/paste SG characters into Indivisible and vice versa.

Why is Annie who is a child is as tall as Ajna?

there are some pretty tall 12 year olds out there too

Annie was secretly Lowly Worm this whole time.

XmMLyr7.png

Reactions: missingno
......must be the water.

Might be a combination of Annie being tall for her age and Anja being short for her age.

dude Ajna is like 16. and the average height of a woman is like 4 feet 10 inches (from Indonesia for women 16 years +) . Given how Ajna is more built/ tomboyish, we can give Ajna a few more inches so let's say 5 feet (around about there) And Annie is about... 5 feet 3 inches? Shovel Knight is around 4 feet 10 maybe 9 inches.

from there we can measure out everyone else in their height by stacking people up. compared to Ajna.

She was going to be a tall woman?

I don't know, maybe Ajna is really a runt.

Not like Ramzi doesn't tower over her.
Not like Ramzi doesn't tower over her.
Ramzi
10366073_739599076091113_2047697395526080083_n.jpg

Might be a combination of Annie being tall for her age and Anja being short for her age.
I didn't forget you, 13.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
That's why I'm hoping for a surprise. I'm not sure, but I heard there's going to be a 505 Games press conference, so hopefully they'll reveal something there, like another guest Incarnation (based on what Peter said to Polygon, that they hoped to reveal more guest characters in the future). The right character would give the campaign a very important boost, I think, but this is just my opinion, of course, I don't want Mike or any other member of the team think I know how to run THEIR business.
Remember to post it if it really happens

Am I allowed to be depressed by the embedded suggestion that only a character from another game can help this game succeed? :^)

Yes.
From what I've seen from stuff like Soul Calibur 2, 4 and 5 that's kind of the deal.

"Hey that game has that other game character who is my favourite! I should buy it!"

No surprise it's called crossover promotion. But if it's with nice guys like yacth club it's okay because maybe they want you to succeed. If I'm not mistaken the whole idea came after someone of these guest characters' owner offered you to include them or something, most probably because he/she wanted to boost the campaign through their fanbase, no? We're talking about indies after all, not some AAA company that gave you some character of theirs to boost their now-lowseller's sales.

So stuff is nice this time probably. You can have some determination if you want.

Ajna is SHORT, yo. She's a kid, and from a country full of short people.
thank you Mike. trying to explain that to people. it's also fun to find her height and then find everyone else's height from her.

If I'm not mistaken the whole idea came after someone of these guest characters' owner offered you to include them or something, most probably because he/she wanted to boost the campaign through their fanbase, no? We're talking about indies after all, not some AAA company that gave you some character of theirs to boost their now-lowseller's sales.

So stuff is nice this time probably. You can have some determination if you want.
If I remember correctly, it was Joe Madureira, the guy behind Battle Chasers. Also, can't read the word determination without thinking of Undertale anymore.

We can calculate the Ajna size for inverse comparision. Some of the guest characters has his/her measures know?

wait they are throwing Shillings at us? well no wonder this game isn't funded yet. Mike Z only takes REAL AMERICAN US DOLLARS.

That way he can take this money back to the motherland where it is worth much more, there he can feed all the children and still be able to make game for Silly American Consumers.
That would be a bad idea. VG production in Russia is pretty shit =/

It is an interesting idea though, just in theory, how practical is it to travel somewhere where food, rent and internet are much cheaper then in California and work from there? I mean not for Lab Zero, but just hypothetically speaking, if someone decide to move to cheaper American region or to some low cost easy-to-get-to country, how much can said person save and how plausible it is?

It is an interesting idea though, just in theory, how practical is it to travel somewhere where food, rent and internet are much cheaper then in California and work from there? I mean not for Lab Zero, but just hypothetically speaking, if someone decide to move to cheaper American region or to some low cost easy-to-get-to country, how much can said person save and how plausible it is?
Assuming someone is willing to leave their entire friend group, leave their family, and that their significant other is also willing to move with them...and that they are willing to make the choice to live in Montana or wherever specifically because it's cheaper, ignoring all the other factors that contribute to an enjoyment of life?
(That's a lot to assume.)

According to this random site, it's about 20% cheaper to live in Montana than in LA.

However, that actually has no effect on the cost of the game. (^.^)

About salaries and the cost of the project, to paraphrase a PM I sent someone else before:

-begin rant-

YOU SEE THIS?
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2014/09/05/GAMA14_ACG_SalarySurvey_F.pdf
You see how the average salary across ALL ENGINEERS is $93,000/year? Yeah, that's not just LA, that's industry-wide.
You see how ALL the average salaries for engineers with 6+ years of experience are over $100k/year? That's industry-wide also.
You know what I made on Skullgirls? Less than $40k/year. Less than $35k/year, even. UNDER HALF the ENTIRE INDUSTRY average and WAY UNDER a THIRD of what I COULD be making as someone with team lead experience and over 10 years of game development experience. I am not going to be making even close to $100k, $93k, etc, on Indivisible. I'm taking a MASSIVE PAY CUT just to work on this project.

And if you want to dig deeper there is the "$10,000 per man-month" thing, which essentially says, as a rule of thumb, "estimate that total costs to the studio for any project will be about $10,000 per person, per month". You can look that up all over
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/128224/Opinion_10000_Is_The_Magic_Number.php
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Davi...business_Shovel_Knight_Planning_and_Sales.php
etc.

If you use that figure alone, our cost is about $3.5m. NOTHING TO DO WTIH LOS ANGELES AT ALL.

-end rant-

Last edited:
You know, that anatomy works fine...

I see it now, but it still looks like her left leg is sticking out in the first image to me. Weird.

Reactions: Muro
Seeing Annie in the Indivisible Artstyle made me want to see other SG characters in the same style.

It is similar enough for people to recognize, and it is different enough to be its own thing, and i love that.

I love everything about Indivisible, i just love you people at labzero.