• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

again it's a cool thing to ask but to be on the safe side just keep it in the suggestion thread. I really don't Mike to take out a cool idea like Ajna using her chain to grab enemies during combat and drag them back in.

I really don't Mike to take out a cool idea like Ajna using her chain to grab enemies during combat and drag them back in.

I highly doubt Mike will take out something if it's said in this thread if he was already planning it - he'll just say "good thing I was doing it anyways" and it'll be fine. I mean, using chains to grab enemies is hardly an original idea. What I'm sure they just wanna avoid is another JuJu incident - don't take specific ideas like "an offscreen Asian sniper shoots the target for her level one".

Again if it's planned it's planned, he wont' take stuff out simply because someone suggests it before it's properly revealed.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
One thing I've been wondering about, will there be an option to level down or lock your level, in normal or NG+ runs? Since the game's supposed to be particularly focused on skill over grinding, I'm hoping to see some fun with low level runs.

I wish The World Ends with You's level slider was something every RPG had.

Reactions: Radnar
Sad to see no Ajna (or Beowulf) cosplayers at a convention I went to this weekend. It would've been a nice way of bringing attention to the game. I was considering cosplaying as her on my last day, but I didn't think I had the right clothes for it.

One thing I've been wondering about, will there be an option to level down or lock your level, in normal or NG+ runs? Since the game's supposed to be particularly focused on skill over grinding, I'm hoping to see some fun with low level runs.

I wish The World Ends with You's level slider was something every RPG had.
I recall Bravely Default having this kind of system?

Do we actually know if we "level up" in the traditional sense of stats, or if it's bound to equipment or the amount of action points an Incarnation/Character/Ajna can have?

:C

BD has options to turn off EXP/JP/Gold drops so you can stop leveling any further, but I'm looking for something where you can take your high level party and level them back down.

I remember Mike mentioning a system where Incarnations you're not currently using will gradually accumulate an XP multiplier for the next time you swap them back into your party. So that sounds like traditional leveling to me.

I remember Mike mentioning a system where Incarnations you're not currently using will gradually accumulate an XP multiplier for the next time you swap them back into your party.
Certainly didn't say this, about XP anyway.

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Huh, what am I thinking of then? I'm certain I remember something like that.

I actually remember something like what missingno is describing as well. Can't remember exactly what it was but what he's describing definitely sounds familiar.

Me too, but I'm pretty sure that was just Mike talking about that kind of system from another game, in the context of his wanting to implement his own system that would achieve a similar outcome (no characters left behind).

Reactions: gluemchen
I remember there was also that one interview with Peter where he was describing the enemy scaling concepts, and the way he worded it, some people might have misconstrued that as him talking about XP gain or something.

But yeah, at one point we definitely had a discussion here that was focused on inactive party members. Regardless, we'll all see how the system turns out eventually.

Reactions: ArgonBern
I remember Mike mentioning a system where Incarnations you're not currently using will gradually accumulate an XP multiplier for the next time you swap them back into your party.

Here's what Mike said (Pg 157):
Do you plan to have a certain way to force the player to play with more than almost always the same 4 characters the whole game?

FF4 FORCES you to change your party by removing and adding characters through plot. VP doesn't force you, rather it strongly encourages you to change up who you use.

For example, say characters must be used in combat to level up, but when not in combat they meditate or analyze the fights they watch, and can practice...so they'd receive a bonus to their XP gain for each fight they do not participate in, and that bonus would decay with each fight they do participate in. Thus to more quickly level up a character they'd have to sit out, whereas if you kept them in constantly they'd still level up but much more slowly.
Or it could be things like they level up by being in a fight, but levels don't give you extra Action gauges, so to get those they'd have to meditate by watching battles.
Etc.

Worth pointing out that this was just one possible idea to demonstrate possible ways that they may end up doing it, nowhere does Mike say that this is what will be in the final game (it could be completely different or not present at all).

FF4 FORCES you to change your party by removing and adding characters through plot.
That reminds me of how I looked forward to Kain betraying my party because he always came back higher level and with better gear than everybody else, to the point that I encouraged my other characters to betray me, too.
Dang, I guess I should try to say something relevant, too... um... Oh!

The impression I got about "levelling" was that there might be a slight statistical increase over time, but the game overall would be designed to encouraged skill-based progress. Gaining new abilities would be "finding stuff" or "doing nice thing for a character and getting a reward."

Has there been any word about how quests and dialog can work? Guacamelee had a pretty good, seamless style of prompts in-world as you walk over people and pickups appearing after you'd done stuff.

Here's what Mike said (Pg 157):

Worth pointing out that this was just one possible idea to demonstrate possible ways that they may end up doing it, nowhere does Mike say that this is what will be in the final game (it could be completely different or not present at all).
Ah yeah that's the post I was thinking of. I guess he never does say it's going to work like that, he's just throwing out ideas. Thanks for finding the post!

Any updates on that thingy that allows Indivisible indiegogo upgrades?

no... Lab Zero will update us when that happens. and I'm sure it will be on the Indiegogo updates too so you should get an email about it. We're just going to have to wait.

Update time! New office, new staff!

God the entire team is so lovable
Everyone one of you are the best
now would you look at THESE SNEAK PEEKS
I'm getting all excited again
144983475983456.png

Whose dog is that and what's his/her name? Tell me more about the dog.

Those characters look perfect for an old-school beat 'em up game

Forum stopped following the topic again =_=

You guys picked up some really talented people here. Here's to a long and beautiful working relationship and to getting closer to the goals of epically awesomer looking Indivisible ^_^

Those characters look perfect for an old-school beat 'em up game
Yeah, Alex has always had a knack for pooling interesting character ideas together, any of which could make for a cool looking game. For those who don't know, he also has the Vulcan Heel group, the Halloween Dash group, and the Black Torch group, among other cool stuff.

Of course, knowing all of that just makes me more excited to see the crazy designs they're coming up with for Indivisible. Those monster sketches already look insane, even in blurry camera form.

@ sneak peak. Those look like the backer npcs. blade tail girl with claws on the right looks awesome.

Last edited:
the Vulcan Heel group
Vulcan Heel is fucking rad. Before Indiv was announced I was wondering if the "secret project" was actually VH. Alex keeping old OCs around for ideas is good.

If nothing else all of Alex's OC's should be turned into like Comic Books. Even if they are 1Shots I would like buy the heck outa them. The designs are just that interesting. I just love em all.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
If they were one shots I would definitely buy them.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of Alex's NPCs be dropped into Indivisible as characters, like how Panzerfaust was turned from a Vulcan Heel character into a Skullgirls one.

Which I'm totally down for because hot damn all of Alex's designs are godlike

@ sneak peak. Those look like the backer npcs. blade tail girl with claws on the right looks awesome.
Wait, backer npcs are already being designed?

we don't know.

Tank is just guessing that they MIGHT be guest npcs
If they are, I think I missed an email.

If they are, I think I missed an email.
Did you pledge for the Monster/Boss/Secret/Incarnation tier? If those really are Backer characters, then that's probably what tiers they're for. It sounded like they were trying to lock those requests down several weeks ago.

Hmm, yeah, I guess that actually could be what those are. I think there were about 15 or 16 of those pledges total, which would be roughly the number of sheets on that table minus the Divinity Tier. Sounds possible.

Did you pledge for the Monster/Boss/Secret/Incarnation tier? If those really are Backer characters, then that's probably what tiers they're for. It sounded like they were trying to lock those requests down several weeks ago.

Hmm, yeah, I guess that actually could be what those are. I think there were about 15 or 16 of those pledges total, which would be roughly the number of sheets on that table minus the Divinity Tier. Sounds possible.
No, I pledged for the tier for an NPC, nothing like those you mentioned.