• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Why not just change the gun then?
Try and imagine that.

Also this whole situation deserves another 'listen how games ACTUALLY get made' rant imo. Too bad our artists are not as blunt as Mike =]

Try and imagine that.

Also this whole situation deserves another 'listen how games ACTUALLY get made' rant imo. Too bad our artists are not as blunt as Mike =]

"Concept art is not supposed to be shown to fans"

"Why did you show us one each day then?"

I said this before, its a good design but, eh not sold on it being a "re-design." however I like nice old grandpa cowboy idea...like a lot...

Shoes bug me is all, why not some flat cowboy boots instead of balloon shoes?

"Why did you show us one each day then?"
Mainly because CF wasn't going nearly as good as they hoped it would and L0 desperately needed ANY kind of lure to incentivise backers. That's why they couldn't afford neither think characters through nor hide them from backers' sights since they didn't have much else to tease people with besides those concepts.

I wouldn't mind seeing some move animations now.
I remember the reception to Baozhai's redesign was kinda lukewarm at first... And then when some moves were shown people were more enthusiastic.

I can see the new Vasco have some cool moves combining swordplay and gunshots. Tbh I'm quite hyped to see what he can do now 'w' !

At vasco's shoes. Has anyone made a "what are those" joke yet? This is the time.

At vasco's shoes. Has anyone made a "what are those" joke yet? This is the time.
Aye, me.

I remember the reception to Baozhai's redesign was kinda lukewarm at first... And then when some moves were shown people were more enthusiastic.
They should really go ahead and post those character breakdowns for Baozhai and Phoebe already. There are still a lot of people that don't even know Baozhai can still use her harpoons.

I wish they can just show us in game design for Leilani and Narssus already >_<

One thing they might need to change is how Narsuss holds his scythe. Doesn't seem to work that well.

yeah that should change though i still want him to be missing a hand so his turnaround animation involves him taking his right hand off and putting it on his left arm.

I wish we get to see Kampan too. She had that big fist on her arm so i wonder how the turnaround will work...
(i just wish she doesn't change too much dfdffd, i grew pretty attached to her design )

I like the redesign, too bad about the original though...

This makes me scared about my husbandos if some of them actually get in the game, Baozhai's redesign wasn't as huge, but this case with Vasco is making me unnerved. :/

I wish we get to see Kampan too. She had that big fist on her arm so i wonder how the turnaround will work...
(i just wish she doesn't change too much dfdffd, i grew pretty attached to her design )
That's interesting cause we were shown her original design which predates even thar art from campaign. Some people already stated they liked original better. Although it was more of an artstyle change than redesign.

Reactions: Shan
Kampan is a cutie.

i would legit cry if they change her.

pls don't change my stream punk giant arm thief girl. ;v;

That's interesting cause we were shown her original design which predates even thar art from campaign. Some people already stated they liked original better. Although it was more of an artstyle change than redesign.

Yeah she had a smaller mechanic arm if i remember well? Always thought it made more sense than the bigger one Alex drew, she's a thief after all.

but scrap concept design mean you can use it for something else
you can make your own husbando with the remains of old Vasco
so it's not all bad
one door closes and another one opens (or however that saying goes)

Reactions: KaboomKid and Shan
Hm... Now I'm slightly worried about other changes, though I feel Tatanka and Kogi are already in the clear as it is. I wonder if Vasco's still going to have the same vocal as his teaser video...?

All in all, I feel I like the original design better, but hey, if LZ needs to change things up a bit to make things work, I respect it. I'm kinda more curious as to how he'll look once polished up, or how he's going to be like inside the game. Maybe he'll be one of those characters that feign innocence or naivete, and then it's revealed he's one of the most dangerous folk out there with a penchant for bounty hunting?

Truthfully, we don't know, but hey, I'm here for the ride.

Mike Z was voicing someone other than Vasco in that video. Like an old Cowboy recalling Vasco and his feats.

that said... Old Vasco and that Voice. [or better yet the voice of Kai] in that role would fit 100%

Honestly I was most looking forward to how they were gonna do Dhar, and he's basically the same! So I'm pretty happy :P

Iirc, they also said some of the incarnations they revealed may not even be party members, but people around the Inner Realm that can help with other tasks, so we don't even know who was gonna be playable in general.

Reactions: KaboomKid
At least we know everyone shown in the campaign is gonna be there in one way or another, so that's good enough.
Pretty curious to see the NPCs incarnations in more detail tbh, like that blacksmith girl

here's my two cents on the redesigns so far.

qadiras redesign: a good redesign, and i like the fact that she fights with her shield rather than a sword.

phoebes redesign: perfectly fine, not enough change to elicit a happy or angry reaction but still a good design.

Dhar's redesign: same as phoebe.

baozhais redesign: the hair could be better, and i kinda miss the cool looking fish cannon, but other than that it’s fine.

vascos redesign: a tall and lanky look; that's fine, making him black instead of white; that's fine, but other than that, his colors don't mesh well, the tired eyes and fluffy beard makes him look too nice and gentle, the hat and shoes just make him look silly, the revolver rifle fits his backstory better than the gentleman style revolver rapier, and taking one of the only two long range sharpshooters (the other one is zebei) and the only character with a gun and making him a mid to short range fighter just feels like wasted potential.

final thoughts on vascos redesign: if you want to make him tall and lanky with darker skin that's fine, but for everything else go back to the old design. also if this message and most of the fan backlash (look at the twitter comments for his redesign, they are mostly negative) go ignored, then goodbye one of my possible favorite team members.

P.S. i'm begging you lab zero, keep the nuna, kushi and lanshi changes small.

Reactions: Kit Ballard
Redesigned Lanshi will be a cat.

THUNDERCAT!

Redesigned Lanshi will be a cat.

THUNDERCAT!
Maybe a puppycat or a catdog?

In other news:
giphy.gif

3og0IIvlbAAJSEH4Ck.gif

giphy.gif

That's one v-hairy vicious looking attack :o !

Everyone is cut and cancelled.
Welp, guess I'll play Indivisible for the backgrounds.

if this message and most of the fan backlash (look at the twitter comments for his redesign, they are mostly negative) go ignored, then goodbye one of my possible favorite team members
I don't think it's right to assume that if LabZero sticks with Vasco's new design, then that means they're ignoring everyone's feedback. Since these design changes were made last year during pre-production, they've already spent a lot of time deliberating on the new Vasco, and there could be tons of big reasons why they would decide to stick with the new model for him despite people's feelings. For one thing, they could have already been animating him by the time they revealed the model sheet to us.

Something else that's been pointed out too, is that even though the old design worked as Vasco's initial concept, this new Vasco may have an entirely different backstory now. He only has to be named "Vasco" to be Vasco. He could no longer be a cold mercenary, but a disheveled veteran reliving his glory days through Ajna. The way he dresses may be a defining aspect of his personality that comes up in dialogue. He may even be a schizophrenic that's literally assuming the role of a different guy. We might not know a lot of these things until we play the finished game for ourselves.

Overall, I think where our feedback is most important is for the Backer Previews that are coming. That's where LabZero needs us the most, and where we really find out if our opinions are being ignored or not.

Pretty cool stuff! Loving that small peak at the updated game
Seeing it in action i really feel like it's nothing like the prototype anymore, congrats L0 it's looking so lively and dynamic

Looks like Dhar has some stone/earth bending power too now? Assumed that it was ice when I forgot who was streaming Dhar animations some days ago (who was it already i kind of feel bad to have forgot...)

So Dhar's shoulder pad ain't just for show nice.

I might've missed it, but is there no longer as much of an indication as to which party member(s) the enemy targets before attacking?

I might've missed it, but is there no longer as much of an indication as to which party member(s) the enemy targets before attacking?

The characters flash red right before the enemy attack actually :o .

Yeah, Belu's attacks are all considered AoE, so I guess the system is going a little bonkers and marking everyone in this case.

HOLY SHIT DHAR'S ATTACKS
BEST CHARACTER
BEST CHARACTER
FUCK VASCO
HAIL DHAR

Right, so far Belu's attacks have always made the whole team flash. You're better off holding Group Block when it's more than one character targeted anyway. The flash seems more pronounced than before, and even blinks twice, so nobody should be missing it this time!

It also looks like Action meter starts building a little quicker too, even before the enemy returns to neutral position, so that will be interesting to take advantage of. I'm glad there's a little red bar to go along with the pip, showing how much the next Action is refilled, because that was something I was concerned about before. I'm sure it'll still take some time to get used to though.

Reactions: Shan