• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

what is that site ravidrath keeps posting on? News goes there alot.

Neogaf.

Reactions: Tank
So it's close, but that's still a tough wait. Hopefully the good press from E3 and AX can maintain people's excitement by the time it's out, and it won't be received too quietly.

In other news, the AX Twitch channel has been up and running today, so looks like that'll be good to go on Tuesday. Anti-Curse rituals still in full effect.

I'm sure people such as the Best Friends will make a vid on it so I'm not too worried about the fact it could be received quietly.

And that's good! Thought the beta would come out right after AX but hey, you guys get all the time you need.

I'll be def doing a re-preview when I'm able to get the console version =3 So glad they are trying to get that out, since I wouldn't beable to make a re-preview video on my laptop...

Thought the beta would come out right after AX but hey, you guys get all the time you need.

Talking of it, is anyone at AX right now?
Oh yeah unsure if it was said already but we're now at more than $2,103 M funding wise? Less than 200,000 bucks and we're hitting that last goal!

Lab Zero Panel is now, if you're not there in person, check out the Twitch Stream here.

Damn, I was really late.

But just in time to hear the possibility of Skullgirls totally-not-comics.

Yes.

Reactions: Shockdingo
New Nuna, Vasco frames, Heruka frames, new BG stuff, new villain art, Tania Gunadi is Ajna, Razmi kills everything, weapons are based on input instead of a weapon switch menu...

...stuff!

Highlights for me. Stages look awesome. The stage rotation they showed looked really neat. New nuna is super cute. Vasco still has attitude. He's like a guy you don't know you should be scared of.

Despite my crappy internet at my current place, I'll try to relay everything I remember regarding Indivisible at the panel.

Alex finished 4 pieces of art, 2 involve Naga Rider and his archnemesis Geruda Cruel (I think that was the name?), 1 involves something cryptic, and 1 involves the an antagonist.
An Ajna cosplayer was given a Lab Zero shirt at the beginning of questions due to be being present at every Lab Zero panel.
Unless Nintendo requests it, there are no exclusive content on the Switch for Indivisible.
Every Incarnation will have a unique skill that no other will have, so that one character won't simply be a better version of the other.
Something about face button colors between PS and XBOX controllers on the UI, and there's a colorblind mode like Skullgirls.
Half of the incarnations are important to the plot, the other half are optional, but they all have quests for Anja to do.
Ajna's interactions with Incarnations won't be at Fire Emblem levels compared to its Support Conversations, but she'll have stuff to do with them anyways.
Qadira's brother has a name, but no one on the panel know what it is.

No one mentioned Kampan.
Kampan.png

Finally can start fan art again now that these things are coming out.

I'm a little heartbroken by the new Nuna, her old design was my second favorite (after Lanshi of course). Where's the sunflowers?

Nuna's new outfit has a very formal look to it. My guess is that it reflects what the "Aztec" Ixtapoalan high-society might wear, since she's like royalty. Her old bio placed her with an outside tribe, but now she and her family might be integrated with the big city.

Kampan looks good so far! I'm glad they preserved the mecha arm, and it looks like it might even have a wrist joint where the hand could maybe spin or detach.

I missed like the first 30 minutes so it looks like I'll have to go back and check all the updates I've missed, but I'm glad I made it in time to see the highlight of the stream;
Kai and is adorable son revealing Beowulf for Skullgirls Mobile

Wow. You guys might have ruined Vasco (I'm never going to live that down), but new Nuna looks interesting tbh.

But just in time to hear the possibility of Skullgirls totally-not-comics.
WHAT
SOURCE
TIMESTAMP
NOW

Wow. You guys might have ruined Vasco (I'm never going to live that down), but new Nuna looks interesting tbh.

WHAT
SOURCE
TIMESTAMP
NOW
I think during the QA session at the end, someone asked about animations for Skullgirls and Indivisible, which I assume he meant some sort of anime.

Super spoilers from the steam :p
Qadira apperently has two cats but is allergic to cats
also Razmi is Sailor Moon (truely the magical girl we deserve)

Reactions: KaboomKid
WHAT
SOURCE
TIMESTAMP
NOW
I think during the QA session at the end, someone asked about animations for Skullgirls and Indivisible, which I assume he meant some sort of anime.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156589336?t=02h05m23s

Peter says they're looking into the possibility of "animations" for both games, whatever that means, but far from certain. What I found much more interesting is what the Hidden Variable guy then says right after that about "something soon" for Skullgirls stories with some "comic stuff."

...Of course I'm hoping for the true story of Skullgirls, not just more backstory for the characters (though I have to say I'd also be up for Filia hobo stories and stuff). And I think it would be a great way to circumvent the need for three more characters (I kinda don't think Umbrella would be worth the resources of an entirely new character even in the event of a sequel, maybe Mike Z has some idea for a really cool variation on the pixie playstyle though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
As much as I want to know how the true story ends, I would be kinda disappointed if it didn't come in the form of SG2. Save it for then.

I'd certainly love to see comics explore some other areas of the SG universe though. But I guess that's pretty much already what they're doing with SG Mobile anyway?

Hey I loved Guilty Gear Xrd's story format, so like, bring on the popcorn. Besides, I'm afraid if we just save all this stuff for SG2 it's just gonna be "Skullgirls: The Finished Version."

SG Mobile also doesn't work with my phone, I don't even know the time it would take to get through those if I had it. I'm all for them in a non-game format. But of course comics, both physical and web, bring business issues of their own.

You guys might have ruined Vasco (I'm never going to live that down)
Wasn't a lot of the Incarnation concept art for the campaign outsourced since they needed them fast?

Someone linked me a 4chan post from someone who went by their booth apparently and asked about this actually.
4. Why the sudden drastic character change for Vasco?
Answer: (This was a long one, but to sum up) All Indivisible designs bar Anja and Razmi were conceptualized, and made on the spot the week the kickstarter dropped. So these designs were not "Final" and some didn't feel right to the staff. In Vasco's case, they had a different idea in mind they wanted to try, and were legitimately shocked at the reactions they got to the change, to the point that now that because of the drama, The Staff feels it best to completely make the new "Vasco" design an entirely different character with a new name. They did not specify if the original Vasco will stay.

No one mentioned Kampan.
I can barely see much in the video but it looks like her outfit has been made simpler, more realistic, some kinda headband or bandana instead of goggles. They changed a lot while still keeping the overall silhouette the same, I'm glad they kept the scarf and pigtails. As much as I dig the old Alex Ahad™ design, I like this one too. At least it definitely fits better.

I can't wait to get a better look at those model sheets.

Huh, I recognize Ajna's voice actor, she was Miko in Transformers Prime. Would be funny seeing Bulkhead and Wheeljack as her incarnations.

Wasn't a lot of the Incarnation concept art for the campaign outsourced since they needed them fast?
Not outsourced, but just spread amongst the team. Old Vasco's art on the IGG page and trailers was drawn by Alex, but I believe the original concept came from Brian. I remember they showed the original Vasco sketches on one of the streams, and they looked a good bit different than Alex's take.

So yeah, to the team, the current version of Vasco is probably the clearest version of the character they've ever settled on. Like Mariel said, they don't reflect much on the old artwork anymore.

I kinda don't think Umbrella would be worth the resources of an entirely new character even in the event of a sequel
I didn't vote for Umbrella, but she had some really cool move concepts. I definitely think she'd be worthwhile to have in Skullgirls, should that day ever come.

I kinda don't think Umbrella would be worth the resources of an entirely new character
Umbrella is probably at the bottom of my list of characters I'm interested in in gameplay terms, but what could possibly make you say this? Just because you want others more doesn't mean she wouldn't have a unique playstyle, which would mean she brings something to the game, same as everyone else.

@jam1220 >:^) *wink*

Gee I wonder why....

Just sayin.
Sorry, but that was a truly drastic change imo. I loved original Vasco and-
4. Why the sudden drastic character change for Vasco?
Answer: (This was a long one, but to sum up) All Indivisible designs bar Anja and Razmi were conceptualized, and made on the spot the week the kickstarter dropped. So these designs were not "Final" and some didn't feel right to the staff. In Vasco's case, they had a different idea in mind they wanted to try, and were legitimately shocked at the reactions they got to the change, to the point that now that because of the drama, The Staff feels it best to completely make the new "Vasco" design an entirely different character with a new name. They did not specify if the original Vasco will stay.

Huh. I guess I owe some excuses then @Ravidrath. The lack of communication didn't help. :(
Brb living down old Vasco anger.

View attachment 14637
You know without context it really doesn't look like he's helping her

Those screencaps are so funny dfhjdfkg

And likewise Argon, I feel a bit bad fully knowing what happened with the Vasco stuff, I did liked the design to begin with to boot so the backlash was kinda weird to me.

It'd be kinda sad if he straight up stopped being Vasco too... Idk to me he still holds that name and such, so him becoming a straight up new character... I mean I get why it could happen I just think it'd be a bit sad... Poor Vasco, gone but not forgotten :')

Talking of designs I gotta say I thought Nuna's original design was boring so i'm really glad she changed. I dig her new look!

And i'm glad Tania Gunadi is voicing Ajna (also i realize i've actually been pronouncing the name wrong all this time.)

Last edited:
@jam1220 >:^) *wink*

Sorry, but that was a truly drastic change imo. I loved original Vasco and-

Huh. I guess I owe some excuses then @Ravidrath. The lack of communication didn't help. :(
Brb living down old Vasco anger.

Doesn't excuse your toxic behaviour. You've constantly been harping on how much you hate Vasco's redesign, even your positive posts about other characters somehow inexplicably have to include some jab at his new design.

It's okay to dislike decisions made by game developers, but remember that they are human too. How would you like it if someone constantly shits on something you decided to do on and on and on? There's constructive criticism and being a spiteful dick - you were being the latter, try to do the former.