• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Scottish Samurai? Suddenly the Demoknight with the Half Zaitochi comes to mind.

If I missed something you think I should add, please tell me.
I think it's worth mentioning the fact that supers set your ATB recovery instead of multiplying it. If yer gonna burn a full trio of ATB pips, you'll see a dramatic difference if you use... say, Razmi and do Heal Up Up (extremely long, ~9.25 seconds to recharge all 3 pips) vs Up Up Heal (only ~4.5s).

Reactions: Shooon and Ryin
you mean this chick?
Whoa, I honestly did not see that chick. Me liek. I'll add her to my Imaginary team with Aztec man.

I've started to warm up to Vasco. I like the implications of his visual design, he seems to be a somewhat unsavory character. I feel like he's the kind of man to have his own code of frontier ethics that some people just don't understand. "Stay outta my way, I'll stay outta yours."

In my nightmares, I can already hear the low-effort anime version of a cowboy accent in my head, though. That would be disappointing.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I've started to warm up to Vasco. I like the implications of his visual design, he seems to be a somewhat unsavory character. I feel like he's the kind of man to have his own code of frontier ethics that some people just don't understand. "Stay outta my way, I'll stay outta yours."

In my nightmares, I can already hear the low-effort anime version of a cowboy accent in my head, though. That would be disappointing.
Kai... can you do a test voice reel just like you did with Beowulf?

I really want to see this.

Reactions: Gamrdogg
Scottish Samurai? Suddenly the Demoknight with the Half Zaitochi comes to mind.
What about Arthur?
latest

Reactions: KZN02
Kai... can you do a test voice reel just like you did with Beowulf?

I really want to see this.
I second this. Embrace the Vasco in you.

Noooo, Vasco has to have no voice (at least at the start.) Just speaks with gruff groans and head nods.

He screams like... European explorers/soldiers encroaching on "new" territory to me. Bringing "civilization" to the savages. He could very well not be a nice person initially >.> ... but he cool.

He screams like... European explorers/soldiers encroaching on "new" territory to me. Bringing "civilization" to the savages. He could very well not be a nice person initially >.> ... but he cool.
Although this is all obviously conjecture, I don't agree with your assessment. The way his sleeves are tailored speaks to a Native American style, so I think he's probably been out among the natives for some time. There might be some shades of Dances With Wolves, but more roguish. He's probably got a few squaws in villages across the frontier ;)

Although this is all obviously conjecture, I don't agree with your assessment. The way his sleeves are tailored speaks to a Native American style, so I think he's probably been out among the natives for some time. There might be some shades of Dances With Wolves, but more roguish. He's probably got a few squaws in villages across the frontier ;)
Okay seriously Kai, you have Vasco all planned out in your head, and it seems like you have an idea of what he could sound like. Just make the voice reel, pls I want to see you do the role so badly now.

THE HYPE IS REAL MAN STOP HYPING ME UP

Hmm, good point! It's mostly the armor that catches my eye. If he was just a normal frontiersman it would strike me as odd that he would have something like that, but he could very well be an ex-soldier who has become a native sympathizer! Man, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT VASCO

The fact that with that headpiece design the fact none of ya'll are calling her The Fighting Nun just makes me ashamed. :/

Just going by his name, what I can think of is Vasco da Gama who was Portuguese and traveled from Europe to India. I don't know if he exactly fits there, so my other personal opinion was that he was from Australia. But that's just me... I could be off on both things.

Hmm, good point! It's mostly the armor that catches my eye. If he was just a normal frontiersman it would strike me as odd that he would have something like that, but he could very well be an ex-soldier who has become a native sympathizer! Man, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT VASCO
I know what you mean with the look of the armor, but I don't think the cloth tailoring would be as it is if it were as clean-cut as that. I with you, I want to know more.
Okay seriously Kai, you have Vasco all planned out in your head, and it seems like you have an idea of what he could sound like. Just make the voice reel, pls I want to see you do the role so badly now.

THE HYPE IS REAL MAN STOP HYPING ME UP
Haha, let's wait until his portrait's been colored by the team, first. Gotta have the whole picture ;)
The fact that with that headpiece design the fact none of ya'll are calling her The Fighting Nun just makes me ashamed. :/
Double-Edge Double has been my internal name for her.
Just going by his name, what I can think of is Vasco da Gama who was Portuguese and traveled from Europe to India. I don't know if he exactly fits there, so my other personal opinion was that he was from Australia. But that's just me... I could be off on both things.
Vasco is an old Basque name, meaning, "crow." I think the visual design reflects that.

Vasco is an old Basque name, meaning, "crow." I think the visual design reflects that.

Ohhh I didn't know that, I totally see it.

-whispers- also...
Haha, let's wait until his portrait's been colored by the team, first. Gotta have the whole picture ;)
He was colored, just on the small picture of all the incarnations so far.

I thought that was a fan coloring? No?

It was the official post on the IGG. Just said there's a glimpse at them because they'll be the focus on next update. (Them being Dhar, Thorani and Vasco)

"Given that there are now almost 10 Incarnations to keep track of, we've created an image that features each one that's been revealed so far, and a sneak peek at upcoming ones. Check it out!"
fnkv0hatlhepeywrlmne.jpg

"You can also catch a glimpse of the colored versions of Dhar, Thorani, and Vasco! They'll be the focus of the next update, so stay tuned for that."

Edited to include their words...

Reactions: Kai
I kinda wanna discuss the ball game/aztec dude, since this is a little bit of a topic I have a reasonable bit of knowledge on. I think alex said he was based on the on the ball game, which is prevalent through all of mesoamerica, and even as far north as Arizona. The earliest known court to my knowledge is in Olmec ruins (actually I think I'm wrong about this part better check my notes I think the stuff is from Chalcatzingo which is a different people not sure) who share quite a bit of similarity to the Maya and I guess could be argued to be have influenced them or been their originators but thats something to discuss elsewhere.

The Olmec made these big dumb heads and we don't know what they were for or who exactly they were, but some have speculated that they could have been ball game players, cause the weird flat part looks kinda like a helmet, which would make sense considering the ball they play with is solid rubber. But there isn't any evidence that they actually did and the idea kinda just comes from a society of people who play football.
images

Also in Olmec and Mayan (I think) cultures theres this recurring theme of the underworld and afterlife and stuff being represented as existing within the mouth of an animal. This is an example from chalcatzingo I think.
images
So you can see where his head thing might come from. I know wearing Jaguar pelts is an Aztec thing, and Maybe feathers is a Mayan thing or both? All in all it seems like most of his design represents a pretty large area as a whole, and since he's based on the ball dudes I think it'd be pretty cool to see how thats incorporated into his combat, like ricocheting balls off dude's domes cause that sounds pretty cool to me.

Yeah, I think this is bizarre. Like, how fuckin' lazy do you have to be to not want to spend 60 seconds signing up for a website? Hell, it only took me 10 seconds, because I registered with Facebook.
Do you even need to make an account? I thought all you needed was a valid email and a means to pay the money.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning for this!

I mean her story could go "be proud of who you are even if you have no arms. no need to change." but that still kinda sucks for her. I might just be an ARM guy too. Her life can only get better with arms. I mean how does she wipe her butt after she uses the toilet and stuff...drag herself on the carpet like a dog?

I actually looked up the how armless people wipe. Some take a shower some just get help. The dog thing was funny in my mind but still arms would make her life better no matter how proud she is to have gotten by without them.

Tisha here has a great sense of humor. she went right the "doggy style" joke too.

Edit 2017: God this was a stupid comment by me. One of the few things I actually regret typing. Years later it probably doesn't matter but I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellsai
I kinda wanna discuss the ball game/aztec dude, since this is a little bit of a topic I have a reasonable bit of knowledge on. I think alex said he was based on the on the ball game, which is prevalent through all of mesoamerica, and even as far north as Arizona. The earliest known court to my knowledge is in Olmec ruins (actually I think I'm wrong about this part better check my notes I think the stuff is from Chalcatzingo which is a different people not sure) who share quite a bit of similarity to the Maya and I guess could be argued to be have influenced them or been their originators but thats something to discuss elsewhere.

The Olmec made these big dumb heads and we don't know what they were for or who exactly they were, but some have speculated that they could have been ball game players, cause the weird flat part looks kinda like a helmet, which would make sense considering the ball they play with is solid rubber. But there isn't any evidence that they actually did and the idea kinda just comes from a society of people who play football.
images

Also in Olmec and Mayan (I think) cultures theres this recurring theme of the underworld and afterlife and stuff being represented as existing within the mouth of an animal. This is an example from chalcatzingo I think.
images
So you can see where his head thing might come from. I know wearing Jaguar pelts is an Aztec thing, and Maybe feathers is a Mayan thing or both? All in all it seems like most of his design represents a pretty large area as a whole, and since he's based on the ball dudes I think it'd be pretty cool to see how thats incorporated into his combat, like ricocheting balls off dude's domes cause that sounds pretty cool to me.

Without searching in wikipedía I want to add something about the ball game, the ball was so hard that one mistake trying to make contact with your hip was considered a fatal error or at least a big injury.

And IIRC the winning team had the honor of being sacrificed in name of their God.

I mean how does she wipe her butt after she uses the toilet and stuff...drag herself on the carpet like a dog?
Tisha here has a great sense of humor. she went right the "doggy style" joke too.
Fucking hell, dude. It's fine for people to make certain kinds of jokes about themselves, but totally inappropriate for others to say :/

Reactions: Tank and Shockdingo
Now I'm wondering if we'll get a Polynesian incarnation? Though I'm a bit worried if such a thing existed, this forum would risk getting hacked.

I'm hoping Thorani has a
You're wrong about that, btw. Over multiple turns, spending meter to heal one character a bit more is much less useful than healing everyone, since you can let it damage everyone for a few turns and then heal them all with only 1 cooldown. Don't forget the cooldown.

How do you even implement targeted heal with Indi's controls? O_o
Heal+action button would work, so would heal -> L/R/D/U.

I had recorded a voiceover for the update that didn't get used... :^P

Heal+action button would work, so would heal -> L/R/D/U.
What do you mean, heal+action? Isn't heal using action button itself?

You know, with all these fan ideas floating around, maybe we should enforce a forum rule:
Any ideas posted within the forums (Skullheart) can be subject of being used without credit

Ok I'm no lawyer lol but basically have a rule saying that you can use an idea and we have no right to say "Dude, that's mine!", to avoid another Juju insedent. Cause all these ideas cropping up are really cool but if you're forced to break away from it cause someone randomly said som'in that you already planned, it'd be a shame to loose it. =\ Be like how you don't pay royalties for the NPCs in Skullgirls.

An maybe if you don't press any button the heal is given to everyone if you want? I am guessing here.

You're wrong about that, btw. Over multiple turns, spending meter to heal one character a bit more is much less useful than healing everyone, since you can let it damage everyone for a few turns and then heal them all with only 1 cooldown. Don't forget the cooldown.
I think he's talking about a single target heal that is a regular action. If, in the full game, you guys are thinking about having different cooldowns for different Iddhi attacks, that'd also be cool. A single target strong heal with an abnormally fast cooldown for an Iddhi move seems to have tactical applications. A sorta weak single target heal with a long cooldown as a regular action could be cool, too. I know I'd use that character solely for that. Never been a fan of AoE heal when you have good more precise heals (unless, of course, the battle asks for AoE).

you mean this chick?

Hell's Bells there is another character behind Serpent Knight.

I can see how I would have missed her since she disappears almost immediately as Serpent Knight disappears.

I shall call her Iron Fist as her nickname until we get her official name.

Never been a fan of AoE heal when you have good more precise heals (unless, of course, the battle asks for AoE).
Valkyrie Profile's basic Heal spell is an 80% heal to all characters. :^P It's not about whether it's AoE, it's about what it does.
Razmi's is only 60% because her cooldown is way less than the 5 turns VP's takes. But it's still 60%, which is more than most heal spells in most games.

Reactions: Ryin
Specially when it's an "all Heal". Most "all heal"s are like ~30% of the base spell, depending on how many are being healed

An maybe if you don't press any button the heal is given to everyone if you want? I am guessing here.
It can go to self or Ajna or most wounded.

This is a youtube comment from Mat Price, and asks a fairly good question:

Howdy, the game looks great and I'm really thinking about contributing. But I have to ask - why no option for the game only? At the pricing levels you've set, it looks like $20 for the game (but no soundtrack) would be consistent with the pricing scheme. This is the first game crowdfunding campaign I've seen without an option to buy the game sans soundtrack. I love soundtracks, but for projects I'm not as sure about I'll often take the cheaper option. Any reason there isn't a $20 tier with just the game?

Hmmm i'm curious about this as well.