• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

oh cool its a chainsaw how is it powered
bruh
iddhi.png

Well, I do like that Leilani's toothsaw is inspired by a weapon with actual cultural significance, and isn't just a random weapon with a chainsaw thrown onto it (ala Chainsaw Incident). It's a rare case where a chainsaw's qualities actually manage to feel kinda subtle, almost classy, and you really could imagine it as a legit mythological weapon. If we can have fantasy stories with talking longswords, then what's really so farfetched about a leiomano with magical moving blades?

So yeah, it threw me off at first, but thinking about it more, it's actually pretty damn clever.

Well, I do like that Leilani's toothsaw is inspired by a weapon with actual cultural significance, and isn't just a random weapon with a chainsaw thrown onto it (ala Chainsaw Incident). It's a rare case where a chainsaw's qualities actually manage to feel kinda subtle, almost classy, and you really could imagine it as a legit mythological weapon. If we can have fantasy stories with talking longswords, then what's really so farfetched about a leiomano with magical moving blades?

So yeah, it threw me off at first, but thinking about it more, it's actually pretty damn clever.
I lived to see the day the words "Subtle" and "chainsaw" in the same sentence together.
Also Fun Fact Sora was going to have a fucking Chainsaw...
and be a furry

Reactions: The Dave
I got the same problem with the newest smash bros : too much swordsman...and zero chainsawman. Debate solved!

Besides, that's got to be the first wooden chainsaw i've ever seen!

Reactions: Kit Ballard
I got the same problem with the newest smash bros : too much swordsman...and zero chainsawman.

Well, Yoshi's D-air is kinda' like a chainsaw. :P

In this video I used some of Samson's sound effects for it. :PUJNA:

Last edited:
newest smash bros : too much swordsman...and zero chainsawman
When's Ash vs Army of Darkness in Smash Bros?

Also RE the weapon: Let's compromise and call it a chain sword, yes?
jIFurau.png

No Zidane though.

C'mon Mike. Gosh.
Zidane was more daggers or a sort of bladed staff thing, though. Not really swords. Though I suppose Squall's more of a "sharp, repeatedly exploding metal club" and his still got counted.

So, it's totally possible i'm just being dumb, but I think there's a typo in Leilani's bio:

>When her sister was chosen by their starving village as a sacrifice to the shark god, Leilani did not hesitate. As her sister tearfully protested, she stood, arms skyward, bravely awaiting the jaws of death.

>In recognition for her courage, rather than devour her, the shark god instead adopted her. Returned to the material world with a weapon fashioned from his discarded teeth, Leilani is charged with protecting those in need... but barred from ever seeing her sister again, lest the secret be revealed.

Is it Leilani who was chosen, or her sister? Pretty sure it's intended to be Leilani but I think the grammar in "When her sister was chosen...did not hesitate" implies otherwise.

Also the shark tooth chainsaw is awesome. Really cool combination of concepts that synergy well. I've actually been wondering if there'd ever be a character with a Macuahuitl chainsaw in a video game, which is pretty similar to shark tooth clubs but with obisdian or flint razors instead, but obviously tenoch has his ball.

Her sister was chosen but "Leilani did not hesitate" clearly implies that she maybe probably switched places with her sister.
Because, you know, twins.

Last edited:
Her sister was chosen, but Leilani tried to take her place.

Her sister was the one they choose, Leilani took her place pretending to be her sister.
Her sister was chosen, but Leilani tried to take her place.
Her sister was chosen but "Leilani did not hesitate" clearly implies that she maybe probably switched with places with her sister.
Because, you know, twins.
Ah. Figures, I suck at reading between the lines.

No Zidane though.
I do not remember about any Final Fantasies after 8, seriously.

Though I suppose Squall's more of a "sharp, repeatedly exploding metal club" and his still got counted.
It's got a sharp edge and it's called a GunBlade. It counts.

indeed it has. not much news for now i suppose.
Quick, everybody start shitposting about third party incarnation requests again!

Let's get Inklings in! have em shoot colorful ink at the enemies. Instead of killing them, they will seriously annoy the monsters

There's not enough characters with chainsaws, someone call Bruce Campbell.

Just noticed Tenoch has new art that addresses some of the discrepancies noticed before, am pleasantly surprised to see it and think it's a good improvement.

man we are getting really close to the 75% mark. after that we are homeward bound, that and the physical SG OSTs are almost here. this will be a good holiday season.

I do not remember about any Final Fantasies after 8, seriously.

It's got a sharp edge and it's called a GunBlade. It counts.

Now you just reminded me of some discussions about how the hell that weapon actually worked.

We settled with "shots on the blade makes the blade vibrate and makes the wound open more" for that thing.

The people in campaign chat are talking about a bonus game in the campaign, but I never can see anything in the topic "Help Advertise Indivisible" (everytime I try enter in this topic, the screen goes blank, only with the forum background color and a dot in the middle of the screen...)

The people in campaign chat are talking about a bonus game in the campaign, but I never can see anything in the topic "Help Advertise Indivisible" (everytime I try enter in this topic, the screen goes blank, only with the forum background color and a dot in the middle of the screen...)
It was indeed mentioned here, but since you can't view that thread (have you tried with various browsers btw?), here's the important bit for convenience:

It was indeed mentioned here, but since you can't view that thread (have you tried with various browsers btw?), here's the important bit for convenience:

Thanks Muro :D

I don't try enter the topic with another navigator... I cannot enter only in this topic; all the others are fine.

How to Survive for all below 100? Is not better all between 30 and 100? Or a lot of people will pledge $1 only to get the key...

Thanks Muro :D

I don't try enter the topic with another navigator... I cannot enter only in this topic; all the others are fine.

How to Survive for all below 100? Is not better all between 30 and 100? Or a lot of people will pledge $1 only to get the key...
Well, they say every "tier" below 100. Cheapest tier is 5 bucks.

Reactions: Wenzel
Well, they say every "tier" below 100. Cheapest tier is 5 bucks.

At last, 5x better then $1 :PUJNA:

Brothers confirmed Incarnations. Their powers include allowing Ajna to piggyback another incarnation through water, and deem anyone who falls in battle their father, who they then have to carry to the nearest doctor.
:PUJNA:

Last edited by a moderator:
So hypothetically if the game is funded but certain tiers rewards such as designing a boss or secret aren't taken, are there any plans to fill them in? For example: "This boss reward wasn't taken, we'll make another ourselves."

Sorry if this is a redundant question.

So hypothetically if the game is funded but certain tiers rewards such as designing a boss or secret aren't taken, are there any plans to fill them in? For example: "This boss reward wasn't taken, we'll make another ourselves."

Sorry if this is a redundant question.
If no one claimed the right for them to do that kinda extraneous work, they shouldn't have to.

are there any plans to fill them in?

I was also wondering about something similar to this, but I was going to wait a bit later before asking about it. Apparently, once the game gets funded, it'll go into "InDemand" status, meaning that people who couldn't contribute during the campaign will still be able to support it later on.

My question for Labzero regarding this is: Will there still be unlimited spots for certain rewards or will they be dissolved? (i.e. NPC tier does not have a cap right now, but after the game goes InDemand, will reward tiers similar to that be dissolved, or would there just be a cap?)

Considering we can do whatever we want, I (at least) am not thinking in terms of that. We'll do what's taken, but it's not like we're going to make an "extra" boss we wouldn't have made otherwise just because there was a slot left. The slots are how many we're willing to add that we don't have complete control over. :^)

My question for Labzero regarding this is: Will there still be unlimited spots for certain rewards or will they be dissolved? (i.e. NPC tier does not have a cap right now, but after the game goes InDemand, will reward tiers similar to that be dissolved, or would there just be a cap?)
I don't know! :^P I would assume we'd keep the cap, though, if there are some left. Possibly not for really high things like bosses, because we do have to get started on planning.

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Is the deal with 505 games good.will lab zero get funds this time and ,not get screwed.

also 20k from the next incarnation 420k til game is funded we got this

Last edited:
Considering we can do whatever we want, I (at least) am not thinking in terms of that. We'll do what's taken, but it's not like we're going to make an "extra" boss we wouldn't have made otherwise just because there was a slot left. The slots are how many we're willing to add that we don't have complete control over. :^)

That seems like a wise path to me. Thanks for the answer.

I'm still hoping for at least Brahman to get taken for a guaranteed extra Incarnation.

Aaaand Skullheart unfollowed me from those threads.

Goshdarn fuckit

Mike you designed some incs right?