• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

There's no swapping Incarnations during battle, right? I would've expected it to just start loading as soon as you swap and be done by the time you get in another fight.

I would've expected it to just start loading as soon as you swap and be done by the time you get in another fight.
What if I'm standing right next to an enemy when I swap?

There's no swapping Incarnations during battle, right? I would've expected it to just start loading as soon as you swap and be done by the time you get in another fight.
That's nice. Didn't read that relevant link, did you? :^)

Let's say you walked right up to an enemy and went to choose an entirely new party on the frame before you touched it, and you're fast with your choices, and you're playing the game off a slow external USB drive on xBone...

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Yeah, when you program you can't really leave any hole just because you think the situation will never happen.

Cause it will happen.

That's nice. Didn't read that relevant link, did you? :^)

Let's say you walked right up to an enemy and went to choose an entirely new party on the frame before you touched it, and you're fast with your choices, and you're playing the game off a slow external USB drive on xBone...

I can't wait to actually try that.

But alas, no Xbox One... I might have a PS4 by the time the game's released, though.

2 years from now hopefully ps4 prices will drop like $100.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Yeah, when you program you can't really leave any hole just because you think the situation will never happen.

Cause it will happen.
Well unless you're able to just fit the entire game in RAM there's always gonna be some edge cases to worry about in the event someone uses a sufficiently slow external drive. But if most of the time things are able to load fast enough, I don't think it'd be all that noticeable if there's a few rare instances where a door might take a few extra frames to open in order to catch up. If it were me I wouldn't go out of my way to account for contrived scenarios where the player is pretty much just trying to make load times happen on purpose - if they do that, then okay, you can have the load time you were obviously trying to get. As long as it can scale gracefully, hide the loading most of the time and not just crash when it does turn out to take longer than expected, I'm not super concerned with whether or not "zero loading" is actually literally zero always always always.

But of course, it's your game, you know how it all works, how much RAM you'd need to do these things, and how much you have to work with on consoles (though for PC...?). If you can actually do it that way, cool!

Metroid Prime actually used the "loading behind doors" trick to make it seem load-less, though yuo can sometimes attempt to open a door before it loads and it'll stay shut till it's loaded the data XD

I gotta say, I respect your incredible devotion to perfectionism.

It's the difference between being a game dev, and being a good game dev.
gdlk

darryl_dawkins_breaks_backboard_twice.gif

Am I the only one who occasionally jolts up in the middle of the night because they thought of an idea to help advertise Indivisible online to help get it funded, only to realize we've actually broke the Robot Generator in the Past to achieve the Good Future here where it's been funded?

Right. Okay. Guess I should start taking sleep medication.

That input doesn't make sense! =[
Why are you using double press with double motion?
Ask Capcom.

That input doesn't make sense! =[
Why are you using double press with double motion?
Must be playing Alpha 2.

Inputs were a little crazy in the '90:

CWl7JcV.jpg

Remember when Blazblue had 1080s? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Inputs were a little crazy in the '90:

CWl7JcV.jpg
I still find Hazama's astral finish too much work. How do you honestly expect me to do that. I still have to look at my controller when I do it. >:T

Am I the only one who occasionally jolts up in the middle of the night because they thought of an idea to help advertise Indivisible online to help get it funded, only to realize we've actually broke the Robot Generator in the Past to achieve the Good Future here where it's been funded?

Right. Okay. Guess I should start taking sleep medication.
Maybe you should stop running in so many loopdeloops

Maybe you should stop running in so many loopdeloops
Well evidently it worked, so keep it up.

You don't have to stop advertising.

There still be stretch goals to do.

Only 12k to anime intro

Another Indivisible question.
Are we gonna have alt costumes? By that I mean recolors since a new model is out of the question.

So are we gonna have alternate colors for party members? Are we gonna get to unlock them? I played WAY more Hyrule Warriors than I should have just to unlock all of those sweet sweet recolors, and if I can do that again with Indivisible I will be very pleased.

Backers will have some exclusive recolors from what I remember from the IGG, up from $30

Backers will have some exclusive recolors from what I remember from the IGG, up from $30
True I remember that. ( Though that wasn't made clear on the perk list )
So at least we'll get another option, that'll be nice.
Though from what I heard each character will have a quest? If so it'd be cool to unlock an alt color at the end of each of their quest. Or just for maxing them out.

Oh woo, more people to the L0 team! Just don't let Mike scare em' away :3

They really do deserve the celebration. I mean, with how fast this team works and the attention to detail and perfection they strive for, any chance for them to have a little stupid time is nice, yah?

Wait, so Willy wasn't already the environment lead? Interesting. I guess we'll see what this new guy/gal brings to the table.

Speaking of updates, I wonder what the plan will be regarding streams. One of the fun things about the SG Beta was seeing preview updates on Salty every other week. It wouldn't be right to distract Salty with Indivisible news though, so we might need to have a new regularly scheduled Labzero stream for that purpose (apart from intermittent animation/UI/cleanup streams). I guess this is the kinda stuff that their new Producer might need to figure out.

I look forward to seeing that new update video Peter was talking about too. That, along with the recent positive receptions of SG physical items, should be good ways to drum up some more interest for the InDemand campaign. If people don't want to miss out on more goodies this time, they'd better sign up for that physical release!

Any word on when 505 will send out those games they added to the campaign? A friend of mine just recommended Brothers, so I figured I'd ask.