• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible: Lab Zero's Action-RPG! (General Discussion)

Well maybe when his son is old enough for tangible family drama, instead of "I want my JUICE" drama. I'd assume the latter wouldn't make good television. :P

Reactions: Wenzel and Kai
Why can't Kai's family be the one well known enough for a reality show, they're cool enough for one
Don't wish that on them. Just about every reality tv family ends up with real world issues.

i wish i had access to photoshop
9muEfyO.jpg

Where is that from?
'The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon's Castle'. It's essentially a live action comedy version of Dragon Quest. I totally recommend it and it's sequel. Which is also aptly named 'The Hero Yoshihiko and the Evil Spirit's Key'.

Reactions: Woofly
'The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon's Castle'. It's essentially a live action comedy version of Dragon Quest. I totally recommend it and it's sequel. Which is also aptly named 'The Hero Yoshihiko and the Evil Spirit's Key'.
I am on episode 2 now, thank you Agent J and Boogie. This show has me in literal tears.

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Yup that's ren100%.

It has been a crazy year for Lab Zero but thankfully it had a happy ending. I finally played the demo a few days ago and I can't wait to see what else you guys do with it.

Also thanks so much for the doodle. Was an awesome Christmas present last week.

Just found Skullheart, is this where I should post a suggestion the devs will see?

If so, I think you guys at Lab Zero should make Indivisible for the Nintendo NX. I'm planning to donate at least $60 to the Indiegogo, to get in the credits, which will mean that I will get both a digital copy and a physical copy. I am a PC gamer, and the only consoles I get are Nintendo ones so the physical copy will be useless to me. Indivisible also seems like it would be perfect on a Nintendo console. I don't know if indies can get the SDK yet, though.

Eh we just don't really know yet what the NX is going to be able to process is simply all. There's also control scheme layout that's a big worry, after all a big reason why many didn't port to Wii U is the extra work one needs to do to adjust to the gamepad controller. Once it's revealed I'm sure Lab Zero will take it into account and see if it's in the budget.

It may come eventually though, like Skullgirls and PS4. Just not included with the Indiegogo campaign is all.

also just to warn you, do not. I repeat, do not suggest anything in terms of gameplay here.

IT WILL GET SHOT DOWN

very much like JuJu.

Yes, let's leave the gameplay to the gameplay professionals please. Cause some of the stuff in that ideas thread.....geez.....It's almost as terminal illness inducing as the Overwatch Hero Ideas threads. And those are just.... dang.

1100 HP dragon anime pokemon tank.

I am a PC gamer, and the only consoles I get are Nintendo ones so the physical copy will be useless to me.
You could just have both of your copies be for PC and pass your digital copy off to a friend. That's what I'll probably be doing. That metal box is totally going on my shelf either way.

Just found Skullheart, is this where I should post a suggestion the devs will see?
Yep! Hello. :^)

I am a PC gamer, and the only consoles I get are Nintendo ones
I have to ask this - why? Unless Nintendo first-party titles are the reason, in which case that's understandable, but comes with the knowledge that you won't get many other games.
I'm still a huge Gamecube fan, but the Wii was super disappointing and I didn't even bother with a Wii U.

If so, I think you guys at Lab Zero should make Indivisible for the Nintendo NX.
OK, serious developer answer time!
I realize Nintendo console fans are very vocal because they want games and don't get a lot of them, but that's sort of...for valid reasons...
  • Nothing concrete is publicly known about the NX. Rumors are not "known". I don't even know if it is possible to apply to be a developer yet, and as you said, I doubt they are giving devkits to every developer yet.
  • Included in that "nothing is known" is what GPU, how much RAM, and how much CPU power it'll have. If the NX continues the trend - which has been true since the Gamecube - of Nintendo consoles being underpowered by current-generation standards, a port that's up to snuff is likely to be more difficult than a port to any other current console would be. This would increase the port cost.
  • Nintendo has had a policy of "your game needs to show off our hardware," especially for games early in the console's life, which Indivisible would be for the NX. For example, Wii games were required to shoehorn in motion control, Wii U games were required to make interesting use of the controller screen, etc. If that holds for whatever gadget the NX adds, that's even more work in a port; work for features that the game was not designed around, and work which does not apply to other consoles. This would also increase the port cost.
  • An NX port is currently not in the budget. This means, if we were to do it, any money for it needs to be raised. That could either be in the form of a stretch goal (which would hella come after the ones that are still left because those make the game better on every platform, and probably others), or from 505. Ports ain't cheap, and I honestly doubt we could raise that money as a stretch goal.
  • To raise that money from 505, the port needs to be monetarily worthwhile - 505 needs to be reasonably sure they'd make back the money they spent on it. Given the Wii U's abysmal sales, either the port would have to be EXTREMELY cheap, or the decision to port to the NX would not be made until after the console has sold enough units to demonstrate that a port is worth it. And I already outlined reasons why the port might be the opposite of cheap, reasons that can't be addressed until more is known.
The upshot of all this is: not directly "no" but definitely "we can't even say 'maybe' until more is known about the NX."
And, as I'm sure is the case for a lot of developers, quite a lot would have to be significantly different from Nintendo's past performance to make it really worth considering.

All that energy when you could have just said "Haha no". You need to conserve your creative power for Indivisible puns! Don't squander it on us!
I'm pretty sure Mike is a grown-up man and doesn't need to be told what he should and shouldn't do. Also this question is pretty legit hence the legit answer. Not to mention that Lab Zero's like best trait is not saying "haha no" to stuff >_>
IT WILL GET SHOT DOWN
very much like JuJu.
It is Juju who shoot down stuff, silly Ninja!

Juju is a perfect example of bad ricochet foresight

As the guy who's even crazier by only having Linux and Nintendo, I'd love to see it come to a Nintendo-shaped something, but y'know, I fully get that it's kinda hard to commit to a platform nobody knows anything about yet.
I actually was considering maybe saving up for a PS4, but after Capcom's surprise announcement of SF5 on Linux I guess I got more than enough stuff I'm good with here. Really the only other thing I'd want is Xrd, but I'm not buying a console just for that.

As the guy who's even crazier by only having Linux and Nintendo, I'd love to see it come to a Nintendo-shaped something, but y'know, I fully get that it's kinda hard to commit to a platform nobody knows anything about yet.
I actually was considering maybe saving up for a PS4, but after Capcom's surprise announcement of SF5 on Linux I guess I got more than enough stuff I'm good with here. Really the only other thing I'd want is Xrd, but I'm not buying a console just for that.
But Linux is already confirmed. You're covered, bro.

Half serious reply: It'd be cool if Nintendo put up some funds for the port, because I'm fairly certain they've done so in the past to get some ports or licensing deals. But that's hella unlikely.

From what I've heard via rumors and patents, the NX may be taking one of the features people like about the Wii U, that being able to play said game on the touchpad while someone else uses the TV, and doing something more with it, combining a semi-portable device with a full on home console. It'd be interesting and take things like Sony's Crossplay agenda to a new level. Now that's kinda off topic, but the only thing I see happening as far as a way to use this tech is a way to show off the power of the Z engine, if whatever portable connector it comes with is powerful enough to run Indivisible at its mostly fullest and the home console able to run it better.

On a serious note, the chances of this happening prior to the NX's actual release is basically nill, but it's fun to occasionally speculate how such things would work.

Whens Wario on indivisible Port for NX?!

Sorry, that's WAY too sexy for the proposed ESRB rating for Indivisible

I mean look at him
I googled "Sexy Wario" looking for a funny picture to put here but all I found was sin, terrible mortal sins I would never subject anyone to see, even for a joke

Reactions: Wenzel and Covenant
Hey, sounds like Lab Zero just recently welcomed their new Lead Environment Artist.
Mr. Eric Kozlowsky!

Very nice 3D work. I'm looking forward to seeing what his skills can bring to Indivisible!
He had my heart at Uncharted 3 work.

Reactions: KaboomKid and Kai
Wait, I thought we were getting 2d backgrounds or something.

Wait, I thought we were getting 2d backgrounds or something.
no they're 3d just like in SG. but they will be stylized so they look 2d. Again just like in SG.

Besides we shouldn't worry. Mike and the crew would not hire someone they didn't think would be awesome at what they do. And I personally think that Environments in an RPG is super important. That the world has to be just as interesting as the characters are.

I agree. I mean jeezus enviroment artist at Bioware? Did he do some stuff for Mass Effect? I fucking loved enviroments in ME 1 and 2.