• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Indivisible media coverage index

the title sounds rude to me.
The entire article's tone is hard to decipher. It seems one-sided to only include positive media coverage, so I put it in anyways even if it is negative, as it is a fairly large website.

Yeah, they don't push the campaign, but they don't really challenge Mike's statements either ("...he put forward a pretty strong case..."). Hopefully people will look at the video and make their own decisions from it.

"He goes on to debunk the belief that Indivisible has already secured a publisher, although he also adds that 505 Games has contributed US$2.5 million towards the development (with the rest coming from crowdfunding)"

My grammar ain't the best, but it sounds like 2.5mil came first then the crowdfunding 1.5mil. As in 505 games has already contributed the 2.5mil.

He goes on to debunk the belief that Indivisible has already secured a publisher

They go on to say: 'If Indivisible gets off the ground, 505 Games would become the game’s eventual publisher. So technically it’s probably not right to say that the game doesn’t have a publisher.'

like wtf. The article's kind of shit standard for kotaku.

"He goes on to debunk the belief that Indivisible has already secured a publisher, although he also adds that 505 Games has contributed US$2.5 million towards the development (with the rest coming from crowdfunding)"

My grammar ain't the best, but it sounds like 2.5mil came first then the crowdfunding 1.5mil. As in 505 games has already contributed the 2.5mil.
505 has an agreement to give about 2 mil (some say 2.5 but mike as head $2 million himself so I'm going with that) to Lab Zero is they are able to successfully crowdfund the $1.5 million. They are also paying for $250,000 to pay for the prototype we got, as well as payments for things not directly related to the game itself, such as backer rewards for the indeigogo. The article doesn't really do anything positive, just creating more misconsceptions and false statements for us to fix later on for everyone who ends up reading it >_>

505 has an agreement to give about 2 mil (some say 2.5 but mike as head $2 million himself so I'm going with that) to Lab Zero is they are able to successfully crowdfund the $1.5 million.
They even say in the second paragraph on the Indiegogo page that it is $2 million from 505 so I have no idea what they are on about. That is the kind of misinformation I would expect in a youtube comment, not on a games journalist website (even if they're kotaku).

That's...Pretty faulty journalism...

Anyone know if Mane6 was doing anything to help promote Indivisible? I thought they would have at some point, since they got the Z-engine from Lab Zero during the SG IGG, but I haven't seen them mention it.

Anyone know if Mane6 was doing anything to help promote Indivisible? I thought they would have at some point, since they got the Z-engine from Lab Zero during the SG IGG, but I haven't seen them mention it.
They mention it from time to time in their streams. They didn't do anything really big but they did mention the fundraiser. Maybe they're waiting for their own campaign to end to promote more? Maybe we could poke them for that?

Reactions: Wenzel
Rather not poke them. They of course know about it and are watching it. If they're going to do something, they'll do it on their own.

Reactions: erkicman and Wenzel
505 has an agreement to give about 2 mil (some say 2.5 but mike as head $2 million himself so I'm going with that) to Lab Zero is they are able to successfully crowdfund the $1.5 million. They are also paying for $250,000 to pay for the prototype we got, as well as payments for things not directly related to the game itself, such as backer rewards for the indeigogo. The article doesn't really do anything positive, just creating more misconsceptions and false statements for us to fix later on for everyone who ends up reading it >_>

I reckon Kotaku got the 2.5 million already given to LabZero mixed up with the 250k given to make the prototype.
And they do say later in the article: 'But unless the campaign is successful, 505 Games won’t pitch in a dime.'

But again, its just like the example I gave earlier. They say some stupid wrong thing in one paragraph (They have no publisher/they've already been given 2.5 million to make the game) and then a few sentences later contradict themselves with the correct information (they will have a publisher who has already funded a prototype and agreed to take care of backer rewards/They haven't and won't receive any money so far from 505 to make the actual game unless the crowdfunding succeeds).

It's mental that they could write an article about a video meant to clear up misinformation (and Mike wasn't exactly mincing his words) and then make it the actual article so sloppy written that its more likely to confuse someone who was unaware of the campaign, or already had a few misconceptions.

It's a small error but GODDAMN IT'S 2M NOT 2.5 IT'S EVEN A ROUND NUMBER

Kotaku at its best.

Thank you for the two news articles, added them.
Not quite sure where to put the Super Best Friends podcast. Should I just stick it under Youtubers or even make a new section for podcasts?

As much of a downer as this will sound, If Indiv doesn't get funded, you can surely say it made some HUGE waves in the industry, setting new perspectives out there..

One of the biggest things that's seriously annoying me is the lack of respect for IGG.. Everyone's ragging on it.. it's like IGG is MySpace and KS is Facebook >.>

glad the video's doing great though.. makes me wish I had it on my channel... needed that ad revenue x,x

Thank you for the two news articles, added them.
Not quite sure where to put the Super Best Friends podcast. Should I just stick it under Youtubers or even make a new section for podcasts?
I think it's similar enough to youtubers to not get its own section. Maybe make one if more podcasts happen.

What happened to the podcast link? It says page not found.

Edit: Nvm I don't know what happened. The one Aden quoted doesn't work.

Nvm I don't know what happened. The one Aden quoted doesn't work.
Quoting links usually breaks them since it usually condenses them, notice the "pod...hing".

To clarify, because I'm sure someone will point this out, links get condensed in general, but quoting copies the condensed text, which actually condenses the link into something that doesn't exist.

Not sure if the link thing has been resolved or not, but it is it working for everyone else? It is working for me.
Added the other links, by the way. Appreciate it.

Really? Because KZN's works.
That I can't explain, maybe he quoted it in a different way than I did, no clue.

[color=#ff oops
Gah! I wanna watch it D= but I'm trying to download Episode 5 of Life is Strange >.< Stupid data capped cellphone!

a get real video? with actual facts?

yeah this is good. Some one use the media to spread this vid.

heart filled emotion

Last edited:
crap, another video I wanna watch but can't due to me downloading Ps4 games D=

edit: Ef it *pauses downloads*

edit 2: 5 mins in (have to buffer again >.>) and I have to tell you: If I was someone on the fence about getting this, I would of been sold.

Last edited: