• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

IPS Tutorial Issue

Cas Chronon

Hell yea, Cash Money!!
Reaction score
Steam
Cash Money Chronon
Beowulf Unknown Double
I can't accurately describe the issue but I think the solution is to disable the use of j.lp after stage....2 I think. Skip to 2:30 to see the issue. The same problem is prevalent with the last stage of the IPS tutorial. Sorry if this has already been mentioned before.

So i have two things, an understanding of why the bug happened and a easy fix.

So the tutorial is just checking if those buttons were pressed in the same combo string, as long as near the end the j.lk is pressed it doesn't matter, the tutorial is not checking for an actual ips for its completion condition.

An easy fix would to make the combo string the following
Launch: c.HP
1st Air String: j.lp, j.lk, j.mk, j.hp (this all chains, but means we used both j.lp and j.lk so both triggers ips)
1st Ground String: s.lk, s.mk, c.HP (this is the same as the tutorial
2ed Air string: Either j.lp or j.lk both trigger ips and just write it out as j.lp or j.lk

I know in other parts of the tutorial Ch2 Lesson 3 - Hit Conformation there is a "lp or lk" in the first lesson, so maybe that same concept could be applied to the j.lp/j.lk ips situation

http://www.twitch.tv/snackysnacks/c/6747830

1st playthrough- Legitimate notation
2ed playthrough- The bug, using j.lp then j.lk which wont trigger ips but give a completion
3rd playthough- Proposed fix, put j.lp in the first airstring so both j.lp and j.lk will trigger ips and put a clause to check for either button at the end of the combo

Nice catch btw.
Edit: Noticed the stream lagged on the j.lp burst but yeah, you get the idea. Sorry i was compiling something and i think my system couldn't keep up

Last edited:
Reactions: Cas Chronon