• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is this where these belong? I hope so...

Skymin50

JOIN THE BIG BAND
Reaction score
Steam
ANIME SKELETON
Big Band
A (bit) of a newer SG player and I'm damn horrible at it. I had the game since the Steam launch and got back into it from Big Band and I'm just..getting my ass handed to me. I know combos, DHC's or whatever, etc. My one flaw I suppose is that I don't block at all and I usually just go full on, but I blame myself for that and I don't seem to remember that much. I also don't really understand half the terms used (undizzy, PBGC (I know what it is but it's really confusing) ) and I'm just getting my ass handed to me match after match. I only ever win if someone's as bad as I am or I get really lucky. Any advice or something? I'd really appreciate it..

Blocking is crucial. You can know the best combo in the world but it won't count for shit if you can't block.

The way I learned to block was to go into beginner lobbies and purposefully lose, but try to block as many attacks as I could. Just do that until blocking becomes natural.

EDIT: Also play the tutorial, it focuses a lot on defense. Play through it multiple times if you have to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skymin50
You said it yourself: learn how to block. This is a must. Getting hit in this game hurts, it could mean the end right there.
And work on the neutral game. You can know as many combos as you want, but if you can't land a hit it means nothing.
EDIT: Think about your movement options, how to get in/out, what are your pokes, what buttons should you be pressing and so on.
I hope this is useful.

Last edited:
We should play together sometime, I'm not too good myself so having someone who's just like me isn't so bad.

Oh, and that Nanami icon. <3

We should play together sometime, I'm not too good myself so having someone who's just like me isn't so bad.

Oh, and that Nanami icon. <3

I'll add you on Steam, sure. We can do that whenever tommorow or something. It's like 1 am so I'm heading off soon.

<3