• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I prefer ASB's Opal Jam.

but yeah, kinda gotta do that if they dont want to risk getting sued.
changing Echoes to reverb is still bullshit.

I like Reverb more than Echoes...

Wait,are you fucking serious?
Tonio Trendy?
The fuck was wrong with his real name?

well, his name is based on a fashion designer, so that could be it.

I like Reverb more than Echoes...
but Echoes literally makes the most sense since it's power is originally making a sound repeat over and over again, like an echo.

"Reverberation (Shortened to Reverb), in psychoacoustics and acoustics, is the persistence of sound after a sound is produced"

breath in.png

Best episode of the 2016 Anime season and I'll eat my own boots before I'll admit otherwise. It's everything I dreamed of and more.

I have seriously been waiting for this episode since they announced Part 4's anime. Tonio is my favorite character and they did his mood whiplashes perfectly.

I have seriously been waiting for this episode since they announced Part 4's anime. Tonio is my favorite character and they did his mood whiplashes perfectly.

That was my favorite arc of Part 4 tied with Highway Star, but I think they kinda messed up with a couple things: Specifically "Tonio Trendy" and that the "I"M GONNA FIX THAT SPAGHETTI" scene wasn't the absolute best scene ever

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
That was my favorite arc of Part 4 tied with Highway Star, but I think they kinda messed up with a couple things: Specifically "Tonio Trendy" and that the "I"M GONNA FIX THAT SPAGHETTI" scene wasn't the absolute best scene ever
they're clearly saying Tonio's actual name, but the subtitle can't be the same unless they want to get sued.

same thing with Surface, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Bad Company, ECHOES.

"Reverberation (Shortened to Reverb), in psychoacoustics and acoustics, is the persistence of sound after a sound is produced"

ech·o
ˈekō/
noun
plural noun: echoes
  1. 1.
    a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.
64c.jpg

Wait,are you fucking serious?
Tonio Trendy?
The fuck was wrong with his real name?
Trussardi is the name of a fashion label
you don't wanna fuck wit' fashion labels, mang
they'll fuck wit' you right back

they're clearly saying Tonio's actual name, but the subtitle can't be the same unless they want to get sued.

same thing with Surface, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Bad Company, ECHOES.

ech·o
ˈekō/
noun
plural noun: echoes
  1. 1.
    a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.
64c.jpg

I really don't think you got the point of what I posted

and I don't think you get the point of why Koichi's stand is named Echoes.
I get pissy really easily when it comes to discussing localization changes with people.
sue me.

and I don't think you get the point of why Koichi's stand is named Echoes.
I get pissy really easily when it comes to discussing localization changes with people.
sue me.

Because it consistently repeats the sounds he exerts from the Stand to the victim, hence Echoes.

But at the same time, it also persist the sound he created after the words are smacked on them, hence Reverb

It can literally be taken either way, I just like Reverb better

Reactions: FastLikeLightning
yeah, but echoes are sounds reflecting off of a surface back to the listener, which is what the stand does.

up until act 3.

we can compromise
Act I is Echoes
Act II is Reverb
Act III is Bruce Willis

forgot that dio sent me this, dunno if it was put in the thread tho

also, i don't give a shit about the definitions of reverb or echoes
reverb is just a stupid-sounding name in comparison with the actual name
just like shining diamond sounds stupid over cuuuRAAAAZY DIAmoNDO

Last edited:
Reactions: SanoBaron
The actual name was Reverb and they changed it to Echoes you'd say the same thing.

Names are relative and unimportant, it's the actual change that bothers people because change is scary and upsets our perfect little words that we set up for ourselves.

that statement was true and edgy at the same time

Yo but the name change to Tonio Trendy and Pole Jam hurt my soul though
That ain't tiny
That's bad

Yo but the name change to Tonio Trendy and Pole Jam hurt my soul though
That ain't tiny
That's bad
okay yeah this was pretty bad

I prefer the opal jam change they had for All Star Battle. And lets be honest, there are some changes we loved. Like Dan of Steel, Worse Company, and the upcoming, Highway GoGo.

I just think Echoes is the better name, and thankfully the one Araki decided with in the first place. Like, if I'm not mistaken that change was in All Star Battle, and even then, I feel the original name fits much better.
Careful with that edge now. You might cut someone if you aren't.

Last edited:
They aren't memes. Some name changes are legitimately funny, and even clever.

Pole Jam is actually a great name change, because it retains the semen joke from Pearl Jam.
Tonio puts some of his Pole Jam in your food and you can't stop eating.

Can I just say I will always miss ASB's Crazy Diamond? That one's stand cry was better, mostly because the anime one drops in octaves during the DORARARA near it's finish but the ASB one keeps upping it

heck I kinda like the ASB Josuke more too

the current one is fine.
he's different but still is the same enough, and he's a shounen regular so it makes sense.

I mean, I like how the anime version's "dorararara" kind of has a finish to it, like he's saying "DORYEAH!" like "I did it" which, when you think about it, Josuke's punchphrase is probably the hardest since it gives you no chance to really accentuate the R easily.

I also like how slightly more young it sounds. which fits Josuke since he's 15.

Reactions: Sparties
yes @headcrab
also

11:22 PM - Sparties:
9d786c0bbb.png

the entire JJBA thread doing whatever

11:22 PM - Sparties:
e1bda4e6e4.png

me

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja