• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Maybe he just never wanted to get married, I know I don't.
I thought the hint was he had the hots for Erina, but was too much of a gentleman to go after his best friends former wife.

So, from the voices, that was Devo, right? Man was Ebony Devil a creepy ass Stand.
Man, did Polnareff get shafted like that in the manga with the others not noticing his injuries? Pretty funny, though.

Wonder why the translator changed the name, maybe Devo actually means that or something. Anyway, it was a good episode, and it's great to see that the minor antagonists are getting just as much showtime and budget as the more major ones. Part 3 is gonna go over 26 episodes at this rate, and that's an awesome thing.

Wonder why the translator changed the name, maybe Devo actually means that or something. Anyway, it was a good episode, and it's great to see that the minor antagonists are getting just as much showtime and budget as the more major ones. Part 3 is gonna go over 26 episodes at this rate, and that's an awesome thing.
Its Because Soul Sacrifice is his official name outside of Japan due to being used both in the official English version of the manga and in All-Star Battle.
Maybe somebody thought D'Bo was too similar or something.

Oh shit I never finished that random stand thing.
Abilities: Monochrome Set can manipulate people's vision and manipulate colors and patterns in the environment. First off my Stand can temporarily change the surface color of objects around it. This may seem weak but with a little ingenuity it can be a very powerful weapon. When a person looks into my Stand's stomach or mask it's true power takes effect. Monochrome Set will then be able to change the opponent's vision to solid black and white and warp it with optical illusions. These illusions can be so complex and confusing for the brain that they trigger seizures. This only works for one victim a time. I also become invisible to the victim in this state, Monochrome Set remains visible but in a very peculiar fashion.

Once Monochrome Set's true power takes effect it can perform one final ability. If my opponent can somehow keep control of his senses he better not look directly at Monchrome Set. This is because while most of the visual warping he sees are simply visual, all illusions within a ten foot radius of the Stand are real, it's a little hard to explain. What the opponent will see is the Stand taking an eerie humanoid shifting form composed of black and white illusionary patterns. The field surrounding this form warps and shifts like the rest of the environment, but the difference is that this shifting is also physical. Actually it's really hard to explain, so for now I'll just say that you don't want to get an up close look at Monochrome Set in this state.

Appearance: Monochrome Set takes the appearance of a muscular ceramic mannequin. It's mostly white with some black stripes and patterns tracing its body. It's abdomen is replaced with a perfect sphere which has constantly shifting black and white optical illusions. It's mouth is visible but the top half of it's head is obscured by a large thin disk that also has shifting optical illusions.

Oh shit Zen that stand is so cool, you're such a big dick G.

...What? You wanted us to be like that! :PUN:

OK, in seriousness Monochrome Set is pretty damn awesome, much cooler than my Stand.

Last edited:
More overpowered than just straight up time stopping?
Here's the weakness, Monochrome Set's abilities are rendered completely powerless by simply closing your eyes. Keeping your eyes closed for ten seconds will also reset it's true power, requiring you to once again look at the sphere and disk to take effect again.

I mean yeah now you're just blind but it's way better than having to deal with all the confusing optical bullshit.

There's also the idea of not looking DIRECTLY at it, like with mirrors and reflective surfaces. That typically keeps you safe in these sorts of "looking at thing can kill/harm you" things.

More overpowered than just straight up time stopping?
Not as OP as you might think. It's only because of Dio's vampire stamina that he's able to spam it as much as he does. The OTHER timestopper (won't spoil who for the uninitiated) doesn't have such stamina, and thus needs to space their time stops out, and for less time even.

Chapter 32 of JoJolion is out.

Norisuke has his priorities straight
2WZZ6Av.jpg

JoJolion already has a ton of panels that can be absolutely weird with no context but this is definitely one of the top ones.

2WZZ6Av.jpg

JoJolion already has a ton of panels that can be absolutely weird with no context but this is definitely one of the top ones.
That made no sense to me, even in context. Did they mistake the dudes stand for him being an alien?

double place posting because it deserves to be in both places

Jojo's fights according to people that never read it

rBl95T3.gif

Alternate version:

bI2AlgE.gif

---

2WZZ6Av.jpg

Not sure if serious, but the version I read didnt say that

EDIT: I take that back. I was thinking of a different chapter....yeah that's weird.

Last edited:
I like that even Josukeight is weirded out by that, but then he doesn't really have the right to talk about nonstandard...anatomy, huh?

Last edited:
I like that even Josukeight is weirded out by that, but then he doesn't really have the fight to talk about nonstandard...anatomy, huh?
dat 4-star dragonball...

EBONI DEBIRU

MOTHERFUCKING YELLOW TEMPERANCE NEXT WEEK

D O Y O U U N D E R S T A N D ?
Ya that episode was amazing, the animation was super top notch in this I feel. Man, I seriously can't wait for the rest of the fights and characters to be shown, I can't help but be part of the minority (or majority in the case of Japan) to really like Part 3, I like all of the characters and the situations/match-ups they find themselves in and how they have to overcome them.

I wonder if it will be original art, or the ones Araki had to rework because of stupiud dubbing edits trying to be "unique and culturally relevant"

You mean the Quran thing? I think that was either changed a long time ago (when they first released the volumes) or was just an OVA issue

no, I mean where Araki had to redraw scenes just to show he wasn't hating (or whatever the implications were because of the dub edits) on middle eastern culture. like, some had to be redrawn because of mosques getting destroyed.

Last edited:
Oh the buildings. I'm assuming this is the redrawn version from 2009 because why get in trouble again?

yeah, that'd make sense. I'll definitely be looking into the manga now. at least for part 3 if that's the only thing coming out right now.

Shit, I totally forgot I was supposed to do the "Make your own Stand out of a random search on Rock Wikia" thing, and in the process forgot what my original three random choices were.

New random search!
- The Hotels
- Animal Nitrate
- Guns and Roses

Considering there's a character (not a stand) in the Jojo's verse that already has G&R's namesake, is it against anything to take that name?

Is there a Stand called Sexy Back? If there isn't then I claim it, it's mine. It's so me.
Next to Woodkid. I claim them both.

Back