• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

...Josh's struggle to not suck...

Oh I should note.

You need better combos after BFF.

#1 : BFF > s.MK > s.HP > j.HK > c.LK > s.MK > s.HP > j.MK > j.HP > j.HK > c/s.LP > Finisher

More damage version (Thanks Negus)

#2: BFF > c.MP > c.HP > M Shadow > j.HK > s.MK > s.HP > And the rest I said of the last combo.

Oh I should note.

You need better combos after BFF.

#1 : BFF > s.MK > s.HP > j.HK > c.LK > s.MK > s.HP > j.MK > j.HP > j.HK > c/s.LP > Finisher

More damage version (Thanks Negus)

#2: BFF > c.MP > c.HP > M Shadow > j.HK > s.MK > s.HP > And the rest I said of the last combo.
these combos are good and all but:
1. they lack reset points
2. I'm not using m.shadow outside of neutral I don't like the super obvious reset stuff
3. cr.lk, s.mk, s.hp can be optimized to just s.mk s.hp. and after that you can go to a fireball jump cancel into a high/low/throw point resulting in okazima
4. there are several burst baits I can use from my combo that no one else uses

so after trying that Millia thing I averaged 27.9 frames have no idea if that's good or not.....
Try to get to 25 to 22, then you'll be GOLDEN. Millia is BUSTED fwiw, im pretty sure in that game, one of her overheads is 14f? may be wrong!

I would suggest using http://fightcade.com/ instead of GGPO, because it's not always friggin down

So I guess next question... Who wants to play ST with me on fightcade?

these combos are good and all but:
2. I'm not using m.shadow outside of neutral I don't like the super obvious reset stuff

even though M shadow resets are obvious ( meaning you know it's a reset point ), someone correct me if I'm wrong but it still leads to a high/low/throw left/right reset with burst bait potential, no? that's strong as fuck

personally, I think you're a little too quick to dismiss Luxade's advice

Reactions: mcpeanuts
BUT I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT!!!! I know they are good but why do that when I already have a bunch of resets and tech developed around my combos and they do more damage then the m.shadow combos? Yeah it's less streamlined but it's much more fun that way

So after getting rekt today by @dekillsage I now understand why I suck.... I have no idea where or when someone is going to do resets and cross ups I don't know if this is because I don't get to play top level players all the time I don't know what's up... All I know is sage your setups are GOD LIKE.
So now I have a new list of objectives (I guess...):
* Need to play better players (this is a must)
* Need to learn when and why people are doing resets to me (I figure them out after the first couple times they use them)
* Need to practice my defense and when it's safe to call an assist (I get snapped way to much)
* I don't care about optimizing combos any more there is no point unless it's going to kill and you setup correctly to execute it
* Practice double snap combos (again....)
* Work on when to alpha counter (I do it I just get hit -_-)

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Your neutral and reversal habits need work too. You don't need to optimize your combos yet, but at least focus on doing a combo that you can consistently do 100% of the time as well.

M Shadow resets are really good

I can confirm this to be true. I didn't do them for a long time because I'm a big dummy. Don't be dumb like me! MK Shadow resets are basically Fukua's vortex.

I can confirm this to be true. I didn't do them for a long time because I'm a big dummy. Don't be dumb like me! MK Shadow resets are basically Fukua's vortex.
Oh Jesus @FuLLBLeeD approved guess I need to start doing those

So after practicing cr.mp mk shadow setups with fukua I'm trying to utilize this into my gameplan some more.
I am learning fortune at the moment and trying to utilize more bella filia into my stuff.
so for a while I'm gonna be using filia/bella based on the comments of my fellow New England peeps so my foundation gets stronger

so worked on several things today:
*created a working stream that should be up a lot now just to show case stuff I guess....(thanks @WhiteFury, @Ninja, and Nikonova for helping me out >.>)
*developed ways to convert off a grab into gregor for filia for each character
*learned some cool stuff with bella (like the shortcut to pummel horse X.X)
*worked on some peacock stuff (still have no idea why you would want to play her x.x)
*worked on some fukua resets and mixups (still not enough....)

*worked on some peacock stuff (still have no idea why you would want to play her x.x)
She's the funnest, it's like ayyyyy hold all these crazy bombs homie lmao

Reactions: joshb911
She's the funnest, it's like ayyyyy hold all these crazy bombs homie lmao
I should start playing her cause she's like a terrorist ad like my name is joshb911 like September 11 which is can be writen 9/11 kind of like September 11 2001 like the terrorists blowing up NY. Peacock=terrorist 0.0

So after a few weeks of playing nothing but Filia I now feel pretty confident in my Filia play.
Next frontier is Bella I'm gonna play her solo for a couple weeks and see if I get any better with her. After that I'm gonna work on parasol

From my time with Bella, this is what I've learned

1. Mash Dynamo. Always
2. Learn to Tumbling Run xx 360. It works more often than it should
3. Keep mashing Dynamo
4. after c.mk, you can reset with either j.lk, j.lk or j.lk, j.mk MGR
5. If you want to LnL after a Titan Knuckle, do a half circle so you don't accidentally get 'copter.
6. Something something Dynamo

mostly stuff I know :P
thanks for the advice I found that kinouchi into SS is god like and if you make the right read you can literally go from full screen all the way to the other side if someone throws a fireball and can be punished by SS....... ITS OD

so in my epic struggle to not suck I have made some drastic changes......

NO MORE BELLA For now....

So bring on team SAD BOY
gotta use the cilia slide and hornet bomber shit ya dig. Double fits my cross up grab you style and she has so many resets O.O
so I'm gonna be playing filia/fukua/double for a while I think I now understand why Winnie's team works so well

I have now learned why I can't beat @Deer, his team is to easy to use and relies on french twist and flesh step to get in on me. So as a defensive measure I'm going to start running that team from time to time just to learn how to exploit the weaknesses of it.
ALSO
Painwheel I have found your new true enemy and point of failure: Painwheel can not do anything against the sisters cr.mp and j.mp so now when I fight this creature I'm just going to throw that out a lot to counter the charge moves and j.hk cause it blows through that.
NEXT
Peacock why can I never seem to get in on you your so easy up close once BB is gone and with out your beloved assists your not scary so new tactic for dealing with any peacock team snap that bitch out and take out the homies first and foremost.
Also
Empty jump against parasoul seems to be very effective at dealing with most of her arsenal
especially since all over her standing normals are negative all the time and shes just chun-li with a better kioushin so to deal with chun you must take to the skies and bait the anti airs I think.
Finally
Big Bandino your true enemy is jumping and blocking..... Must bait the A-train and B&E cause without those your powerless to pressure...

SO MUCH TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE READ THIS GARBAGE!?!?!?!?!?! O_O

OH ALMOST FORGOT
here's something to listen to while you read this shit.....

but how will you deal with SSJ on startup?

..oh crap I told you my top secret secret

WAIT YOUR RIGHT HOW DO I DEAL WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S TO STRONG

So after learning about the beta changes associated with double I'm a bit concerned about the inability to convert off of HB. So I'm considering cilia slide as a possible replacement. Any thing I should know about this assist?

what else is there to say about cilia slide when it's Fukua's L shadow?
I mean, it lets Bella convert off diamond drop and dynamo, but......

NO MORE BELLA

SO AFTER SOME EXPERIMENTATION
Cilia slide allows for meter less throw conversions for filia and fukua. Its also one of the greatest mix up assists I have ever used. I will say with absolute faith that cilia slide is the most slept on assist in this game. I plan on utilizing it to its full potential and once the beta changes come about I'm gonna be ready O.O

so now that I have a really high paying job and tuition is being paid for me by my university I now have a ton of money....

TIME TO UPGRADE MY STICK
so I ask you all what do you suggest for a stick I'm looking for a much tighter set up then the one I have now however I do like the buttons relatively far away from each other. I also can not stand silenced buttons I need that clicking noise so I know I actually hit the damn thing. I'm also looking for a custom graphic for it. I will take suggestions on this also

so found my custom graphic O.O
911-attacks.jpg

Real talk though any suggestions on a custom graphic for my stick I'm kind of stumped....
If someone wants to draw me a bomb ass fukua thing I will gladly take it O.O

its your fightstick man lol you gotta decide what YOU want. I wouldn't expect somebody to just step up to the plate and draw you a picture, kind of a lotta work no?....maybe ask in the art threads though

as far as a stick itself, do some research online, read reviews etc... the big names are MadCatz, Eightarc/Quanba, I guess Hori not really sure though, there's probably a few others that I don't know of. Most of them don't come with silenced buttons, and for the most part I think they all use the same button layout but I could be wrong about that.

agree'd, when I finally get around the final steps of my stick, im just gunna get a solid black plexi (or a black printout w/ clear plexi so I can change it), its a few bucks cheaper and i know if I get a custom graphic Ill change my mind a week later

Reactions: joshb911
As for what do to with said stick when you decide:

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/ is good for custom plexi covers and other things (You know you want the Fukua symbol etched onto your stick's dust cover. You can hate me later for putting this thought into your head...cuz you know I'm right.)

http://www.focusattack.com for buttons and other things. Arcade shock works as well, but their site's kinda cluster-fucky to sort through.

Reactions: dMags