• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Jul 11, 2014] Skullgirls Encore EVO 2014 Official Side Tournament (Las Vegas, NV)

Hurray video games! See you all there! ^ ^
Also Worldjem got a 60 FPS mid/HQ stream with a mic from his laptop using a wifi signal broadcasted from his phone.
It sounds poverty as hell but we wouldn't be taking their internet?
Just an idea at least
Has he tested this setup to see if it streams well? If so then sure that sounds good. I've never had success streaming from my phone's wifi hotspot but if it works for him then why not.

If we can't get a stream, it's fine. We can just tweet about the tournament in real time so hard that we trend. I mean we can just make shit up so people on the internet think they're missing the hypest event of the century.

"THERE'S 500 PEOPLE HERE PLAYING THIS GAME, #GETHYPE" #skullgirlsatevo
"OH MY GOD DUCKATOR JUST FLEXED AT SEVERIN AND HIS SHIRT BURST OFF" #skullgirlsatevo
"MIKE Z IS CODING WHILE FIGHTING, HE JUST PATCHED OUT BLOCKING FOR HIS OPPONENT" #skullgirlsatevo
"KHAOSMUFFINS HAS LITERALLY RIPPED HIS OWN HEAD OFF AND THREW IT AT ZIDIANE" #skullgirlsatevo
"BROSEIDON HAS SUMMONED THE ACTUAL CTHULHU ACCIDENTALLY, IS DQ'ED" #skullgirlsatevo

"BROSEIDON HAS SUMMONED THE ACTUAL CTHULHU ACCIDENTALLY, IS DQ'ED" #skullgirlsatevo
Past summonings just resulted in Cthulhu Jr. Everyone was disappointed.

My phone also does streams, but it depends on the signal.
If you're still T-Mobile, you might have a hard time getting a signal in the convention hall if last year was any indication.

I still remember all the T-Mobile streams at Salty Cupcakes.

Good times.

If anyone would like to money match, run fun sets, or make love. Just holla I mean tbh thats just how it is.
you know we gotta make so more sweet love like last year <3

Reactions: keninblack
Online entrants? Kappa

Thursday Offline Who Yall Like with me on the mic?

Special treat for people getting there the night before.

(I want Peanuts in on it too <3 if we have 2 mics <3)

Mcpeanuts will be staying with me and @Inferno, hopefully we'll be there ;)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
ill arrive 2 days before EVO, any pre evo meetings planed?

Bigass BBQ at BrandX's house. You heard it here first! xP

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Bigass BBQ at BrandX's house. You heard it here first! xP

Yeah no, we cannot fit the entire SG community in my house lol

Reactions: Mwisk

I'll be there Thursday night. But at like 11:00 at night I think. I'll let you know.

Reactions: keninblack
This year I want to take a lot of pictures with everyone. I also want to talk to you guys way more. Idk what restaurants are at the LVH so lol

Reactions: mcpeanuts and Mwisk
I've asked the EVO guys if we could get some stream time and my question got ignored, so I wouldn't expect it to be on any of the official EVO channels. Maybe if we stun them with 300 entrants, they'll give us something for top 8 or whatever. Either way, we should bring down the goddamn house wherever we hold the finals.

So far I've only been approached by HBTwilightStorm for a stream. I'm sure the commentary seats are open to whoever wants to be on it. I'll ask him if he wants to do it on his own channel or if he's cool with doing it on either /eightysixed or /labzero.

@MegamanDS - Did you have some sort of plans as far as an EVO stream goes? Were you guys going to have your own thing going, or were you hoping we would use the /eightysixed channel?

@Mwisk - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :(

If you guys need overlays, I can make them for you guys. As well as ponying up some money for some good webcams for it as well.

We should see how bad we can stink up the venue. No showers for days. THEN THEY WILL NOTICE US.

You know i I'm gonna be there, Fucking Hyped right now. Can't wait to see you all there. Probably Gonna get Bodied But who cares, its Gonna be fun.

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
I'm guessing that your cell phone bandwith at Evo is going to be almost non-existent but here's to hoping. Last year's stream was hype.

Sad I'm not going but I hope you guys have an even bigger turnout this year.

Maybe a dumb question, its there a posibility to get SGE Top 8 in to the official EVO stream like EVO 2013?

@worldjem Phone specs please

What? Last time I streamed on my phone it was amazing. I could stream at 720p and everything.

I only have 2GB of data on it right now, though. Hoping to get more.

Also, I have NO IDEA about the international charges on that.

SG isn't a main game because SG tournament attendance hasn't been good. So really it's the SG community that made SG not a main game.
That, and we can't pay EVO for a spot.

Last edited:
Get your ass over here...on time please.
Maaaaaan it sorta depends on if the airlines dick me again. But at least this time I left extra time so if something gets delayed I don't get SUPER dicked.
That, and we can't pay EVO for a spot.
lol that didn't stop us from trying last year. And we almost got it!

Reactions: No longer exist
So this is a major, right?

I just registered and paid.

I booked my room and stuff like a month ago. lol

Let's go.

Registered and paid, see you guys again in july!

lol that didn't stop us from trying last year. And we almost got it!
Last year we got stream time etc because of the donation drive.
This year, we are not promised even that, so we must ask very nicely somehow. (And by we, I mean someone that isn't me.)

I have my plane tickets and Evo registration taken care of. I will most definitely be there.

Who Ya'll Like: LIVE FROM ATLANTIS is going to be the best thing ever.

Is WYL covering money matches as well, or will those be independently operated?

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts